I worked at GPS Capital Markets part-time (More than a year)
Competitive commission structure. Great staff. Fun environment.
Hard to sell product. Long sales process.
I have been working at GPS Capital Markets as an intern
Good work environment, lots of autonomy. Boss is great to work under, learn quite a bit about the industry.
Can get monotonous, and very boring at times. Sometimes quite discouraging as you will go through month long periods of little to no contact with clients.
I worked at GPS Capital Markets as an intern
- Despite being an undergraduate, I felt immediately welcome
- Everyone I spoke to was friendly and willing to help with questions about their existing code
- No micromanaging or over-the-top strictness
- Technology was somewhat on the old side ( to be fair though, part of my internship there I was assigned to help them with the transition to newer technology )
- It can be a little hard to focus sometimes, there are no private offices or cubicles
Advice to Management
If you're still like when I worked there, just keep it up! It felt like an excellent environment.
Everyone knows what there doing. the sales guys are easy to talk to and the head Dev is an amazing guy.
The dev team is always busy. If your going to work here then you have to be use to working hard and fast .
Great culture, stocked snack/break room, friendly management. Very flexible and understanding about time off. Weekly training meetings.
The position was heavily sales based which is great for some people so it isn't really a con, just know that is a huge part of their business model.
I have been working at GPS Capital Markets as an intern (Less than a year)
Amazing work atmosphere. Understanding bosses. No Deadlines. Proper training. Unlimited additional instructions
Cold Calling. Hard rejection
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?