GROWMARK Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.3
Jim Spradlin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great work-life balance is practiced by most" (in 5 reviews)

• "GROWMARK offers excellent compensation and the benefits package is good as well, highlighted by the pension plan (which so few companies offer anymore)" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Some days consisted of long hours so you must be flexible with your plans" (in 4 reviews)

• "I hold a lot of company loyalty and also want to benefit from the pension program, so I would rather not look outside of the company for new roles" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great People, Great Culture, Great Company"

I have been working at GROWMARK full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic company culture. Great benefits and stability. Working for a large company with a noble cause that gives back to the communities it supports. GROWMARK stays true to its roots, but does a great job of looking to the future and embracing technology to stay competitive in an ever changing industry.

Cons

It is a unique company culture due to the cooperative system. Our FS Members own GROWMARK which is great, but also can be a bit challenging because there are so many Members with different needs. It is hard to come up with one size fits all solutions because of the Member diversity.

Advice to Management

Please continue to put the employees first. Leadership has done a great job setting the tone of the organization from the top down. Access to leadership and being able to mark our mark as employees is what separates GROWMARK from most other companies. Keep it up!

2. "Good company, lots of work"

I have been working at GROWMARK full-time

Pros

Great pay, good benefits, opportunity for advancement

Cons

weekend work, long hours, some issues not resolved

Advice to Management

don't avoid problems because they wont go away

May 21, 2018 – System Recruiting Analyst

Thank you for your review! Employee feedback is very important to us. If there is anything you would like to follow-up on offline, we encourage you to reach out to your supervisor or the HR Service... More

3. "Growmark"

Current Employee - Crop Specialist in Bloomington, IL
    Current Employee - Crop Specialist in Bloomington, IL

I have been working at GROWMARK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly and Motivated Staff, Great Pension

Cons

Very Long hours in season

Mar 26, 2018 – System Recruiting Analyst

We appreciate your feedback! Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts.

4. "Big company benefits with small company atmosphere"

I have been working at GROWMARK full-time

Pros

GROWMARK and the people who work there make you feel welcome from the first day. There are always opportunities to diversify your work experience, and the company invests back in their employees.

Cons

Flat company, so lateral job changes are less frequent

Mar 19, 2018 – System Recruiting Analyst

Thank you for your review! Your candid feedback is appreciated.

5. "GROWMARK Like Family"

I have been working at GROWMARK full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

GROWMARK's culture is like family - great people to work with who celebrate the good with you and are there for you during the bad. Great professional development opportunities and a variety of career paths to choose from.

Cons

Currently, there are very limited opportunities to work remotely or for flexible scheduling, but these opportunities continue to increase as they are requested more and more by employees.

Mar 13, 2018 – System Recruiting Analyst

We appreciate your review! Your feedback is reflective of our current initiatives based on content from our employee satisfaction surveys. We are engaged and actively striving to make improvements... More

6. "GROWMARK, Inc. company review"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Associate in Bloomington, IL
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing Associate in Bloomington, IL

I have been working at GROWMARK full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Leadership is completely in touch with the business and employees
    - Most employee friendly company I have worked in
    - Professional, hard working, top notch employees
    - All-inclusive culture. I've been with GROWMARK for 5.5 years, and see myself finishing my career here. I work in an area that touches each part of the organization on a daily basis, and it makes me feel valued every day

Cons

Those reading negative reviews are probably trying to find something negative, and, I have no negative remarks for GROWMARK.

Mar 19, 2018 – System Recruiting Analyst

Thank you for your review! It's great to hear the employee perspective and what your experiences are in the organization. We place value on providing a positive work environment where open... More

7. "Working for Seedway"

I have been working at GROWMARK full-time

Pros

Opportunities for growth; experience in the agricultural sect

Cons

Can't think of any "cons."

Advice to Management

No advice to management at this time.

Mar 19, 2018 – System Recruiting Analyst

Thank you for your review! Your feedback is much appreciated.

8. "Reccomend Employment GROWMARK 10/10"

I have been working at GROWMARK full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

GROWMARK has a great atmosphere that is very supportive and positive. There are lots of areas for growth due to the many departments - you just have to express interest. I would recommend family and friends to work for GROWMARK, as I have has a great experience within the company and see myself here for many years to come.

Cons

Nothing that would deter me from recommending employment.

May 21, 2018 – System Recruiting Analyst

Thank you for your review! We value employee feedback and appreciate when employees are excited to share their experiences.

"GMK Proud"

I have been working at GROWMARK full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The pay, benefits, and culture of the company are great. There are many career opportunities in a wide variety of areas that allow employees to develop personally and professionally. Love the idea of coming to work every day to support the agricultural industry. The company is in the best financial shape of its 90-plus year history. Run by top management that has the philosophy of "do the right thing".

Cons

The company is run very lean, so resources can be tough to come by at times. However, the benefit of this is realized during tough years when there are no layoffs.

Advice to Management

Change is hard. We are going though some change right now that will have very positive long-terms results. Keep doing the right thing, and encouraging the rest of us to do the same.

"Great place to work!"

I have been working at GROWMARK full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

GROWMARK is a great place to work! The organizational culture is tremendous - kind, happy, positive employees; fun place to work, and a great environment. GROWMARK offers excellent compensation and the benefits package is good as well, highlighted by the pension plan (which so few companies offer anymore). The thing that makes GROWMARK stand out to me is that the organization is filled with people who want to work hard for the company, each other, and our customers. Co-workers will go above and beyond to help one another succeed. As someone with a non-agriculture background, I've leaned on the expertise of others within the organization and countless individuals have spent time with me to help my understand some of the complexities. My managers have been extremely supportive and have given me the necessary tools and training to succeed, while being understanding of work-life balance. GROWMARK does a great job at recognizing you for hard (and good) work. The executive team, led by our CEO, is extremely approachable and genuine.

Cons

I don't really find too many significant cons. One of the challenges is understanding the company. It's relatively complex and takes some time to grasp, but GROWMARK does a good job of offering opportunities to learn.

Advice to Management

I really appreciate the company management. In other organizations I have worked, you could sense nervous tension amongst employees when the CEO or executive team was around. At GROWMARK, management makes you feel very welcomed. I've found leadership to be very approachable, genuine, and supportive of ideas. I always see our top management around the building and they make a concerted effort to engage and interact with employees.

May 21, 2018 – System Recruiting Analyst

Thank you for your review! Employee feedback is valuable to us and your testimonial is greatly appreciated. The culture of our organization is one of our greatest strengths and everyone works hard... More