KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

GROWMARK Reviews

Updated Dec 1, 2021

Found 88 of over 108 reviews

4.3
GROWMARK CEO Jim Spradlin (no image)
Jim Spradlin
Pros
  • "GROWMARK offers excellent compensation and the benefits package is good as well, highlighted by the pension plan (which so few companies offer anymore)(in 8 reviews)

• "A lot of valuable job experience and great people(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "weekend work, long hours, some issues not resolved(in 6 reviews)

• "I hold a lot of company loyalty and also want to benefit from the pension program, so I would rather not look outside of the company for new roles(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Great Culture

Oct 1, 2021 - Human Resources Service Center Specialist in Bloomington, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Workplace culture - Building amenities - Benefits (health and life insurance) - Annual benefits - Employee programs (recognition, tuition aid) - Work/life balance

Cons

- PTO days - Office layout

GROWMARK Response

We greatly appreciate your feedback and are happy to see all the great benefits you've experienced at GROWMARK. We hope you have many more years of positive experiences!

2. 4.0

Wonderful colleagues and students

Dec 1, 2021 - Intervention Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

I was a long term substitute as an Intervention Specialist at the beginning of the pandemic. My principal and colleagues couldn’t have been nicer and more supportive.

Cons

I have nothing negative to report! Keep up the good work!

3. 3.0

Large Company

Dec 1, 2021 - Product Development in Hershey, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits were great to work for

Cons

it is a Large male focused business

4. 5.0

Great place to work

Oct 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fair pay, great pension, good health insurance, and plenty of PTO. Love the people I work with.

Cons

None that I can think of.

GROWMARK Response

Thank you for your feedback! Your thought's and suggestions are much appreciated and always helpful to future considerations.

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good Benefits

Oct 11, 2021 - Project Engineer in Bloomington, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and hours for a full time job.

Cons

Lots of travel and staying in hotel rooms.

GROWMARK Response

Thank you for taking time to write us a review. We are happy to see you your positive feedback. Your opinion is valued and greatly appreciated. If there is anything else you'd like to share in regards to opportunity for improvement, we invite you to reach out through our website.

6. 5.0

Agricultural Cooperative

Sep 4, 2021 - Student Recruiter in Bloomington, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunistic company that has an innovative profits-driven organizational structure. Great benefits and a place where building a career is encouraged.

Cons

Decentralized structure can sometimes feel clunky.

GROWMARK Response

We greatly appreciate you taking time to leave us a review! Your feedback is important and we love to hear it straight from our employees. Innovation, benefits, and long-term career growth are all major goals in our business. We hope you continue to grow in your career and reap the benefits for many years to come!

7. 5.0

Great Place to Work!

Aug 18, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Growmark has been one of the best moves that I have made! I have thoroughly enjoyed my first year here and I am looking forward to my long term tenure with the company. There are so many Pros to Growmark, but a few of the things that stand out are the company's initiative with professional development, great work environment, great leadership, integrity of fellow staff and management, and known track record for stability and success.

Cons

None that I can think of! Maybe including sick time for employees that have children? That's by no means a deal breaker at all though!

GROWMARK Response

Thank you for your review! We are proud of our culture and work environment and are happy to hear your feedback. We hope you have many years of positive experiences to come!

8. 4.0

So far so good.

Aug 18, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance is good. Friendly staff

Cons

Getting To know others. Upper management seems to stick to themselves and not much interaction with their team

GROWMARK Response

We appreciate your review and are happy to hear you've enjoyed your time with us. Our leadership is always working on ways to improve communication with our employees. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you'll continue to see improvements throughout your career with us!

9. 5.0

Great Culture and Flexibility

Jul 12, 2021 - Recruiting Associate in Bloomington, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Family like culture where your voice is always heard. Great work/life balance and flexibility as needed (depending on job). Great leadership, many training and development and advancement opportunities, and amazing employees! The company is focusing efforts on diversity and inclusion outreach and listening to employees regarding flexible working arrangements, if possible. This is a very innovative and adaptive essential business who did an amazing job supporting and providing resources to their employees during the pandemic. Great benefits (pension & 401K) + wellness programs. I can't say enough good things about GROWMARK!

Cons

I've been with the company almost 2 years and really do not have any cons that come to mind. If I had to choose something it would be that the home office is a bit outdated, but I believe they are working on renovations as needed

GROWMARK Response

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. We are happy to hear you've had such a positive experience in your 2 years with GROWMARK. We hope that continues for many years to come! Your review is greatly appreciated!

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Short title

Jun 27, 2021 - Unknown
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

Not a lot of training given

GROWMARK Response

We appreciate your feedback! We pride ourselves on our company culture and strive to provide employees diverse training programs aimed at developing their skill sets personally and professionally. If you are open to discussing this more and finding possible solutions, please reach out to us through the HR Service Center and we would be happy to follow-up.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 88 Reviews