GROWMARK Reviews | Glassdoor

Jim Spradlin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "FS Proud"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

I have been working at GROWMARK full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company has amazing roots in the heart of the Midwest and a culture unlike anywhere else. With the noble purpose of helping to feed the world, I feel connected and engaged everyday. Co-workers are friendly and you quickly become part of a family-based culture after joining the team. There is a great reputation, community involvement, learning culture and so many great things about this company. Not to mention, the defined benefit pension plan is outstanding and really shows the company is committed to the long-term well-being of its employees.

Cons

Many people don't realize the opportunities in many different functional areas that exist at GROWMARK.

Oct 31, 2017 – System Recruiting Analyst

Thank you for your review! Culture and employee engagement is important to us and we are happy that you have found that to be a welcoming part of your employment experience. With so many niche... More

2. "Analyst"

I have been working at GROWMARK full-time

Pros

Pay and benefits are good for central Illinois.

Cons

Company culture is negative, just a big 'Good Old Boys Club'

Sep 13, 2017 – Digital Communications and PR Manager

Thank you for your review. Please know there is a conscious effort throughout GROWMARK to foster an environment where all employees feel respected, appreciated, and welcome to share their individual... More

3. "GROWMARK For Life"

Current Employee - Manager in Bloomington, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Bloomington, IL

I have been working at GROWMARK full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have greatly enjoyed my time at GROWMARK. I started as an intern and have had opportunities ever since to grow and develop, as well as be challenged outside of my comfort zone. I have made everlasting friendships here and the culture is very welcoming and comfortable. People come here and they never leave which is a testament to the culture, the employees, and the noble purpose of our industry. We have hard working, dedicated, and smart people here that take their jobs very seriously, but make it fun while doing so. I can't speak highly enough about GROWMARK. I have no plans of leaving because I feel invested in the work and feel my company has invested in me.

Cons

There is a misconception that because GROWMARK is an agricultural company that you have to have an ag background in order to have a successful and fulfilling career here, which is just not the case.

May 4, 2017 – System Recruiting Analyst

Thank you for your passionate review! Your authentic experience speaks directly to the culture that we are so proud of. Our employees and the strong values they uphold truly make this a great place... More

4. "Growmark Review"

I have been working at GROWMARK full-time

Pros

Better than average salary, pension program, generally nice people

Cons

not a lot of turnover, people tend to come and stay (not a lot of fresh ideas)

Apr 5, 2017 – System Recruiting Analyst

Thank you for your review! We are proud to be an employer of choice in the community where we can offer employees a competitive salary and benefits package, and they see their selves enduring a... More

"Pleasantly surprised, plan on sticking around"

Current Employee - Analyst in Bloomington, IL
    Current Employee - Analyst in Bloomington, IL

I have been working at GROWMARK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many employees spend their whole careers here. Having come in mid-career I was pleasantly surprised at how GROWMARK valued a new perspective. They are always evaluating and asking for feedback on different programs or benefits. Professionally all the managers I've worked with have truly had my best interest in mind and we're always encouraging growth and development. Genuine people overall. Vast offering of training courses from leadership to financial acumen to personal development. Lots of opportunities to volunteer. Great work-life balance is practiced by most. The understanding of being a working mom has been most refreshing.

Cons

GROWMARK has many more female managers and leaders than other companies I've worked for, especially in the Ag industry. However, the top level of management and the board of directors are still all older men.

Advice to Management

Continue to ask and respond to employee feedback, encourage female leadership, and keep the workplace flexible. You're doing a great job, and it doesn't go unnoticed.

Apr 6, 2017 – System Recruiting Analyst

We appreciate your review! It's important to us to collect employee feedback through a variety of avenues like employee engagement survey's, all employee meetings, lunch and learns with the CEO, and... More

6. "Good Company, Great People"

I have been working at GROWMARK full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been in the GROWMARK System coming up on 5 years in May. In this time, I have held positions ranging from very technical to professional roles. To understand the reputation best, just talk to a customer. You'll hear words like genuine, attentive, and trustworthy which translates directly to the character of employees across the system. The "team mentality" is truly put into practice. With quarterly coaching conversations, my supervisors have consistently trained me and positioned me to not only succeed in my current role, but my future roles as well. The culture here is unmatched and I can sincerely wear the FS logo with pride.

Cons

The one issue I have with the System is that my ambition is not always matched with opportunities here. I hold a lot of company loyalty and also want to benefit from the pension program, so I would rather not look outside of the company for new roles. At times, because of this, I can feel temporarily "stuck" until an appropriate opportunity arises to further my responsibilities and continue my professional career. To pursue such, I had to move halfway across the country.

Advice to Management

Do not lose sight of what's important. Be attentive and sympathetic to the needs and desires of your employees and customers. Do not compromise integrity for margins.

Apr 5, 2017 – System Recruiting Analyst

We appreciate your review! We truly value the loyalty of our employees to the GROWMARK System and believe that is one the main reasons our system is so strong. Our hard working and dedicated... More

"Great Company"

I have been working at GROWMARK full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In my opinion, Growmark is truly interested in the well being of their employees professionally and personally. The culture, advancement opportunity, and work environment are remarkable. While most employers are looking to increase profit at the expense of their employees, Growmark sees the value in investing in their employees to gain the long term benefit of a highly engaged workforce.

Cons

I honestly don't have anything negative to say about Growmark. In my 3 years I've had a very positive experience.

Advice to Management

Continue building on successes while identifying opportunities, threats, and growth potential in an ever changing & competitive industry environment.

Mar 14, 2017 – System Recruiting Analyst

Thank you for taking time to offer your feedback! We value the expertise of the people we have within the company and it is our goal to ensure employees have the right tools and training needed to... More

"5 year employee with the company"

I have been working at GROWMARK full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoy working for GROWMARK because of the opportunities that are available to its employees. The supervisors are always looking for opportunities to help you grow (whether it be through projects, training programs, job shadowing, etc...) GROWMARK is a smaller company in size but I enjoy this because you feel like you are a part of a family. The benefits are excellent and I haven't found a better benefit package in this area than the one I currently have.

Cons

I honestly don't really have any cons to list. I have held three different positions in the past five years working for this company and each position has helped me grow to where I am now in my career. I will retire from this company.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you are doing for your employees. The support you offer through helping individuals achieve their goals is appreciated.

Mar 10, 2017 – System Recruiting Analyst

Thank you for your review! We strive to provide employees with the right tools and resources to help keep them engaged and confident they have what is needed to be successful in their current roles... More

9. "Great people driving great results!"

I have been working at GROWMARK full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

GROWMARK's success and culture are driven by the great people working with the products and services offered within the cooperative system. I am a former intern and have worked here ever since graduation. I enjoy my job but more importantly - I really enjoy the people I work with!

Cons

Once you work at GROWMARK no other company will match the experience!

Mar 10, 2017 – System Recruiting Analyst

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you have found career success with us through each of the very important milestones in your career. The genuine nature of the people in the... More

10. "Great place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

I have been working at GROWMARK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company culture. Great work-life balance. Very friendly and welcoming environment. Fantastic benefits and PTO.

Cons

Nothing comes immediately to mind, honestly.

Mar 14, 2017 – System Recruiting Analyst

We appreciate your feedback! Family environment and customer focus are the top two reasons in our culture survey for why employees come to and stay in the GROWMARK System.