49% would recommend to a friend
(118 total reviews)
59% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Nice people many who have woked there for years" (in 8 reviews)
- "Lovely team and good colleagues" (in 5 reviews)
- "There are ample opportunities for those prepared to put the effort in and who are genuinely determined to work hard to make the company succeed." (in 4 reviews)
- "good international enviroment and good training" (in 4 reviews)
- "Average salary, fun market management team, manager is amazing, one conference per year you get to travel to, will learn another side of an industry that isn't well known" (in 3 reviews)
- "Poor management, lack of both direction and competence." (in 8 reviews)
- "But it was brutal for us employees, especially when the starting salary was low." (in 7 reviews)
- "Way too much Favoritism in the office." (in 6 reviews)
- "Expensive benefits and co" (in 4 reviews)
- "They don't realize that power does not equal leadership." (in 4 reviews)
Found 118 of over 128 reviews
Updated Nov 4, 2022
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Mar 8, 2017reservations team leadCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsNew York, NY
Best company I ever worked for. Great people skills. Great environment. Equal opportunity.
cant think of anything negative other than sad that my position is being outsourced.1GTA Response7y
Thank you, we are glad to hear that you are enjoying your time working at GTA. Togetherness is one of our company behaviours, so it is great to hear that strong and happy relationships are being built across the business.
- 3.0May 15, 2018Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
The best part of working for GTA was my co-workers. We were like family. I had great managers. Customer service week was fun. Fun office atmosphere.
Well there are quite a few: - First the fact that they outsourced the call center overseas just to save money as usual. From what i am hearing, that is not going to well.. but as we all know it is all about saving $$$. - Bi-Monthly pay was awful. Only done so the company can save $$$ not paying employees 3 times in a month twice a year. But it was brutal for us employees, especially when the starting salary was low. - Way too much Favoritism in the office. - Good luck trying to move to another department within the company. I had tried for years only to see people with less travel experience etc getting the position over you. BAFFLING! - Call Monitoring was very stressful. Changed many times throughout the years. Had to follow certain format which was nearly impossible. Once a month you would sit with the person who heard and graded your calls and that person would pretty much tell you how to talk on the phone. Funny part is that person monitoring your calls would never be able to take 80 plus calls a day following their own format! Like we had to do. - Awful IT department
- 2.0Aug 8, 2014Anonymous EmployeeFormer EmployeeNew York, NY
Depending on what department your in, you might enjoy this company. Great company for people who want to stay and are happy where they are. Great company for entry level position, just to learn and then move on.
There is no growth potential at all. The managers are really not qualified for their jobs. You get moved up not for your ability, but for who you know. A lot of people are related in this company as well. You can easily do the jobs of three people, but will not receive the pay of three people. The people work hard, but you never get recognition. However, believe me if you do something wrong, everyone will know.5
- 2.0Dec 8, 2016Market ManagerFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsNew York, NY
Staff is comprised of many well meaning, hardworking people who generally have the best intentions. Midtown location made commuting very accessible. Recognized name in the industry.
Salaries are very low while the pressure is extremely high. Management does very little to educate exployees in skills needed to succeed in and out of the company. Jobs are filled without being posted, candidates are handpicked in advance by managers based on personal friendships established. Managers do not treat employees equaly and often have "teacher's pets". Extremely slow to adapt to changes and developments within the industry. Prefered treatment given to employees with families.1
- 2.0Dec 23, 2013Destination ServicesFormer Employee, more than 1 yearNew York, NY
Working in the travel industry if you love travel
Disrespectful incredibly moody managers; hr will mess up your pay/benefits/vacation days and then roll their eyes and give you attitude when you ask them to fix it. This happened to almost everyone. Workload is either someone has to much work while other people have no work. It seems if you are moody and Spanish you will be promoted to manager and given a free pass to do what you please.2
- 5.0Mar 19, 2016F I T ExecutiveCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsNew York, NY
Great people, leadership and support. Awesome teamwork and leadership very visible to all. Great technology and product. Good opportunity for career growth.
Surrounded in same office as other divisions undergoing downsizing (groups) and under poor leadership. More travel opportunity. Salaries not highest. Compensation and benefits are good.
- 4.0Aug 12, 2016Customer Service RepresentativeCurrent EmployeeNew York, NY
Fun working atmosphere. Great supervisors that work with you, listen to you. Good benefits, decent pay.
The bi monthly pay checks need to go. Not much advancement unless you kiss you know what. Work can be very stressful. No chance to travel1
- 5.0Dec 7, 2016Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, less than 1 yearPhiladelphia, PA
Very flexible and understanding when it comes to scheduling, great opportunities, fun work environment with several events and luncheons throughout my time there
Throughout my time there, there were several outages which caused many problems when trying to do work, call people, pull up reservations, and more
- 3.0Dec 9, 2015Account ManagerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearNew York, NY
Average salary, fun market management team, manager is amazing, one conference per year you get to travel to, will learn another side of an industry that isn't well known
No room for upward movement unless you constantly move across the county or internationally, no bonuses or commission, sourcing department works hard while other departments are useless, in a declining industry, way behind in technology, up ossicle goals, tons of politics, do not understand the US hotel business and try to push want works in Europe, everyone you work with is sensitive and gets offended easily and will complain to your manager
GTA Reviews FAQs
GTA has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 128 reviews left anonymously by employees. 49% of employees would recommend working at GTA to a friend and 24% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
49% of GTA employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated GTA 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.0 for culture and values and 2.5 for career opportunities.