GTA Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
GTA CEO Ivan Walter
Ivan Walter

Pros
  • Good work life balance and decent perks (hotel and service discount) (in 4 reviews)

• There are some great people worldwide which is nice to work with (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Quite a lot of people going through redundancy process (in 3 reviews)

• Hard work means nothing its all about how pretend happy you are (in 4 reviews)

"Reservations Team Lead/Manager"

Current Employee - reservations team lead in New York, NY
    Current Employee - reservations team lead in New York, NY

I have been working at GTA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Best company I ever worked for. Great people skills. Great environment. Equal opportunity.

Cons

cant think of anything negative other than sad that my position is being outsourced.

2. "Operations Intern"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at GTA (Less than a year)

Pros

Very flexible and understanding when it comes to scheduling, great opportunities, fun work environment with several events and luncheons throughout my time there

Cons

Throughout my time there, there were several outages which caused many problems when trying to do work, call people, pull up reservations, and more

"Road to Nowhere - If you are a young professional looking to grow in the industry, stay away!"

Former Employee - Market Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Market Manager in New York, NY

I worked at GTA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Staff is comprised of many well meaning, hardworking people who generally have the best intentions. Midtown location made commuting very accessible. Recognized name in the industry.

Cons

Salaries are very low while the pressure is extremely high. Management does very little to educate exployees in skills needed to succeed in and out of the company. Jobs are filled without being posted, candidates are handpicked in advance by managers based on personal friendships established. Managers do not treat employees equaly and often have "teacher's pets". Extremely slow to adapt to changes and developments within the industry. Prefered treatment given to employees with families.

Advice to Management

Stop treating employees as a source of revenue growth and focus on professional development. Give equal opportunities for advancement within the company. Do not expect employees to work well under so much pressure with such little pay.

"Customer service"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at GTA full-time

Pros

Fun working atmosphere. Great supervisors that work with you, listen to you. Good benefits, decent pay.

Cons

The bi monthly pay checks need to go. Not much advancement unless you kiss you know what. Work can be very stressful. No chance to travel

Advice to Management

Have FAM trips and more advancement opportunities.

"Awesome team spirit"

Current Employee - F I T Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - F I T Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at GTA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, leadership and support. Awesome teamwork and leadership very visible to all. Great technology and product. Good opportunity for career growth.

Cons

Surrounded in same office as other divisions undergoing downsizing (groups) and under poor leadership. More travel opportunity. Salaries not highest. Compensation and benefits are good.

Advice to Management

Keep up good work

7. "They're just like any other agency"

Former Employee - Research Assistant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Research Assistant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at GTA (Less than a year)

Pros

The were very supportive when I was having an issue with harassment at an assignment.

Cons

Never have any positions available in my area. Call me for positions I'm not qualified for. Even though I'm in their system, they do a resume search on job boards where my resume pops up in their search. They seem to have no idea who I am or what my skills are when they call. Seems very disorganized on their end and does not impress me that they are competent.

8. "Not great, not bad"

Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I worked at GTA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Average salary, fun market management team, manager is amazing, one conference per year you get to travel to, will learn another side of an industry that isn't well known

Cons

No room for upward movement unless you constantly move across the county or internationally, no bonuses or commission, sourcing department works hard while other departments are useless, in a declining industry, way behind in technology, up ossicle goals, tons of politics, do not understand the US hotel business and try to push want works in Europe, everyone you work with is sensitive and gets offended easily and will complain to your manager

Advice to Management

TECHNOLOGY

"Operations"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Great atmosphere, great benefits, good location, set hours

Cons

Hard to laterally in company, raises depend on your manager, can be unfair due to favoritism

"Growth is not an option!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at GTA full-time

Pros

Depending on what department your in, you might enjoy this company. Great company for people who want to stay and are happy where they are. Great company for entry level position, just to learn and then move on.

Cons

There is no growth potential at all. The managers are really not qualified for their jobs. You get moved up not for your ability, but for who you know. A lot of people are related in this company as well. You can easily do the jobs of three people, but will not receive the pay of three people. The people work hard, but you never get recognition. However, believe me if you do something wrong, everyone will know.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your workers like children. Fight for your workers as well, let them feel that you are on your side. Recognize your workers, boost their morale. Happy satisfied workers make a productive company.

11. "Working on a Sinking Ship"

Former Employee - Hotel Reservations in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Hotel Reservations in New York, NY

I worked at GTA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People are generally very friendly, office location at 5 Penn Plaza is convenient. Office hours are pretty steady.

Cons

Poor management, outdated systems, general disorganization, all largely due to a declining industry.

Advice to Management

Downsize and streamline.