GTE Financial Reviews

Updated Oct 8, 2019

3.4
GTE Financial Acting CEO & President Brian Best
Brian Best
Pros
  • "Good benefits including time off(in 9 reviews)

• "Great culture, great people, great environment to work in(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Wonderful company with great opportunities!"

I have been working at GTE Financial full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Community involvement, Branch Growth Opportunities, Fun, and Management

Cons

Branch traffic is heavy at times

August 27, 2019Internal Communications & Knowledge Manager

Thank you for being a part of the GTE Family. We may have hundreds of employees but we do feel like a big family. We’re glad you feel supported and valued because that is an important part of our culture here at GTE.! It’s teammates like you who make us one of Tampa’s Top Workplaces and Best Places to Work! Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

2. "Member Service Advocate"

Former Employee - Member Service Advocate in Tampa, FL

I worked at GTE Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Pay, Great team, Great tools

Cons

Bad work/ life balance, bad hours and Saturday rotations

October 8, 2019Internal Communications & Knowledge Manager

We appreciate your honest feedback. We wholeheartedly agree that we have great pay, a great Member Care team and great tools! That’s why we were named a Top Workplace and one of Tampa’s Bay’s Best Workplaces. While our Member Care staff do have to work the occasional Saturday, we try hard to ensure that our employees have the time and tools that they need for a great personal life. We offer Volunteer Time Off, Wellness Time Off, Wellness Reimbursement, Tuition Reimbursement and more.

"Not good"

2.0
    Former Employee - Member Care Representative in Lakeland, FL

I worked at GTE Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

they would give us credit to buy shirts

Cons

supervisors were so rude... they were never there to help... they would still give you a write up because your goal was not met when you did not get provided any coaching throughout the month sometimes for about 3 or 4 months. they do not acknowledge you at all. hard to get days off. I feel they are very racist.. the other departments are not very well trained at all. it was horrible

October 17, 2019Internal Communications & Knowledge Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We pride ourselves on being a diverse and inclusive culture and we're sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. The Talent team is always available to listen to employee concerns and help make their experiences the best they can be. Feel free to reach out to our Talent team to discuss any feedback or concerns you have. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

4. "Mediocre Job, Run Far Away!!"

Former Employee - Onscreen Member Advocate in Tampa, FL

I worked at GTE Financial part-time for more than a year

Pros

You are scored independently and not as a team, so it is easy for you to stand out against your peers.

Cons

High stress call center environment. Turnover is super high which makes you have to work even harder. Management picks favorites and promotes their favorites.

September 4, 2019Internal Communications & Knowledge Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your story. We’re sorry your time at GTE wasn’t all you wanted it to be. It is important that all our employees feel appreciated and respected. Your feedback will help us evaluate and improve.

"Perception Isn’t Always Key, Performance Is."

2.0
    Current Employee - Salaried Management in Tampa, FL

I have been working at GTE Financial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Impactful in the communities in which the organization serves through it's philanthropic efforts.

Cons

Although there are in fact growth opportunities, it is very difficult to grow. The current management at the VP level and below hound on “perception” and use that as a means for preventing the ease of growth. Especially when performance and other key metrics of an employee is above the median “effective” score of 3 in the 1-5 rating scale used for quarterly reviews.

August 27, 2019Internal Communications & Knowledge Manager

First and foremost, we want you to know that we are sorry for the negative experience you have had and to thank you for the work you have done for this organization. At GTE, we want all of our employees to feel valued and respected. We encourage you to reach out to the Talent team and discuss the matter. Your honest feedback is invaluable and we thank you for leaving your review.

6. "Great company"

Current Employee - Member Relationship Officer

I have been working at GTE Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Opportunity for growth in the business.

Cons

Sudden changes sometimes affect employment

July 23, 2019Internal Communications & Knowledge Manager

We’re glad that you agree that there is great opportunity for growth here at GTE Financial. We have great employees, so we work very hard to develop them and create a defined career path to keep them engaged! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us – we appreciate your feedback.

7. "Assistant Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at GTE Financial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very competitive pay and opportunities for career growth.

Cons

Many chiefs with limited experience micromanage minimal sized staff of workers.

July 3, 2019Internal Communications & Knowledge Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We work very hard to be one of Tampa’s Bay’s Best Places to Work (and Top Workplaces) by offering very competitive pay and benefits. As you pointed out in your review, we provide many opportunities for growth. We have a defined career path that allows our employees to move into leaderships roles. We realize new leaders may have not had the chance to build all the skills needed when they first assume a new role, so GTE is committed to providing them with the coaching, tools and support they need to grow into strong and capable leaders.

8. "Good"

Current Employee - Member Care Team Lead in Tampa, FL

I have been working at GTE Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Supervisors and management are helpful.

Cons

Work Saturdays almost twice a month.

July 3, 2019Internal Communications & Knowledge Manager

We agree that we have the most helpful supervisors and management! We always want to give our members the best experience possible and that means being available when they need us – and that means Saturdays. They appreciate your dedication to service and so do we! Thank you for all you do and thank you for writing this review!

9. "Great Culture and a Learning Environment"

I have been working at GTE Financial part-time

Pros

The people are as nice as it gets at GTE. They really work well together to make a good culture and they work hard to train you up.

Cons

Advancement can be slow. They usually hire within which is great, however since the company is not too big it can take a while to get where you're trying to go.

September 5, 2018Internal Communications & Knowledge Manager

Thanks for the review! We agree the employees here are very nice, which helps makes our culture great! We also foster a learning environment by providing a wide range of courses so our people have the skills they need to succeed not only in their positions but in life! As for your career goals, please be sure to have an honest conversation with your current manger so he/she knows where you want to go. The two of you should work together to create a step-by-step outline for how you can achieve your goal. If you or your manager need help, feel free to reach out to Talent.

10. "Member Service Advocate"

I worked at GTE Financial part-time

Pros

Great team to work with.

Cons

I didn't find any cons.

August 29, 2018Internal Communications & Knowledge Manager

We’re glad you enjoyed your time here at GTE Financial. We work hard to ensure that we hire the right people who are a strong fit for the positions. That’s how we put together great teams like the one you were a part of. That’s one of the many reasons we are one of Tampa’s Top Workplaces. Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. Your feedback is invaluable.

Found 100 reviews