GTM Sportswear Reviews | Glassdoor

Current Employees

3.3
David Dreiling

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free gym memberships, on site health clinic that is free (in 5 reviews)

• Good benefits - 401k, health/dental/vision (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes hard to be noticed by upper management (in 7 reviews)

• Super fast past during busy season and a lot of seasonal workers coming and going (in 6 reviews)

"Overall Positive"

Current Employee - Developer in Manhattan, KS
    Current Employee - Developer in Manhattan, KS

I have been working at GTM Sportswear full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

GTM is a great place to develop your skills in the workforce. They provide great opportunities for advancement if one is willing to seek them out. They provide decent benefits and the recent acquisition with HANESbrandsInc has helped to solidify the trust in GTM Sportswear in regards to partnerships and vendors.

Cons

The company lacks a sense of direction. Particular members of management do not always understand their roles and responsibilities of looking forward, and this has lead to micromanagement and distractions for multiples areas in the company.

Advice to Management

My immediate advice would be to take a stronger interest in following up with the consequences of someone's actions, especially when it is affecting multiple members of the team (and causing GTM to lose exceptional talent.) The amount of favoritism for one employee has caused incredible amounts of harm within the development team and It's difficult to stand by and watch it happen.

"Progressive and Leading the Way"

Current Employee - Software Architect in Manhattan, KS
    Current Employee - Software Architect in Manhattan, KS

I have been working at GTM Sportswear full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Good benefits - 401k, health/dental/vision

- On-site health clinic

- Great pay

- Great environment and team - Everyone on my team is amazing, helpful, and always working hard. It's always good to be around those type of individuals.

- New technologies - We are always on the lookout for the next best thing. Your opinion is welcomed and have the chance to change something everyday.

- Always learning - Have opportunities for team members to actively participate learning new technologies of the business and industry. Gives you as a teammate the ability to host a session yourself, too.

- Remote opportunities available in IT Development Department - Hard to get better than working right from your own home!

Cons

- During the busy season, the con of having a ton of business is that it's hard to find a parking spot.
    - More windows to see the beautiful outdoors wouldn't be bad.

"Machine Operator"

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Junction City, KS
    Current Employee - Machine Operator in Junction City, KS

I have been working at GTM Sportswear full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible, easy job to learn, most people are very friendly

Cons

should have competitive wages, there are better workers that make the same as the lazy ones. pushes more for numbers than quality. if you want to move up, it's next to impossible.

"Good company"

Current Employee - Graphic Artist in Manhattan, KS
    Current Employee - Graphic Artist in Manhattan, KS

I have been working at GTM Sportswear full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy going company, works with your schedule. They are open 24/7 so lots of jobs opportunities.

Cons

Work a lot of overtime during busy season, but have hours cut during slow season.

"Intern"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS

I have been working at GTM Sportswear (Less than a year)

Pros

great company to get your foot in the door.

Cons

I would like to see high compensation

"Licking it's wounds, but still a great place to work."

Current Employee - Customer Experience Representative in Manhattan, KS
    Current Employee - Customer Experience Representative in Manhattan, KS

I have been working at GTM Sportswear full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Humble people who own that 2014 was awful. They were honest when hiring me that they are on the rebound, but it was a hard bounce. Constant coaching and advancement opportunities. They don't have the lowest prices, so they know that service has to be awesome.

Most of the managers and supervisors worked their way up, they've earned my respect.

Free Genesis Membership. Discounts at Coco Bolos, Cox Brothers, Powercat Grill, Firestone, Freddy's and other places around town. Free on site Health Clinic for immediate family.

Cons

Needs a PR makeover. Lots of customers are having a hard time trusting us after last year's fall. Software is kinda glitchy, but improving. Still more reliable than some retailers. They seem to hire cute young blondes...and it's mostly done over the phone.

Advice to Management

Challenge your employees. Help us set reasonable goals, and push us to attain them. Keep up the Shout Out program

"Great Growth Opportunities!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS

I have been working at GTM Sportswear (Less than a year)

Pros

GTM allows team members to grow within the company. Since working at GTM I have had the opportunity to work in more than one department and to move up in position more than once. GTM provides the opportunity for team members to try different positions and move into the one they feel is the best fit. GTM promotes a team environment and pushes team members to work together and develop ideas that better our organization. GTM has began revitalizing events that bring the departments together and aid in team building.

Cons

We are still trying to rebound from last years difficulties, but we are headed in the right direction. Busy season can be crazy, but the stress and long hours are always worth the reward.

Advice to Management

Continue listening to your team members, they provide awesome feedback.

8. "Territory Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at GTM Sportswear full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Job Autonomy once you are a veteran rep. Ability to travel to sales territory and meet face to face with clients. Management is very accessible.

Cons

Switch recently to new software system that is clunky, slow and has a lot of bugs which hurts clients experiences and reps ability to perform efficiently

"Avoid at all costs if you're talented"

Current Employee - Production Lead in Manhattan, KS
    Current Employee - Production Lead in Manhattan, KS

Pros

If you absolutely need a job there's a good chance you can get one here. Pay will be approximately 30% below the industry standard for any position, but gaining employment isn't too difficult due to the high turnover rate. Depending on your position, you'll most likely meet some nice people and create some solid friendships

Cons

I would have rated GTM at a solid 3 stars up until June 2014, when the new company software was released and proved disastrous. It was no more than 50% complete at the time of release, and caused huge problems that have never been recovered from. At the same time, managers made increasingly poor decisions regarding promotions, employee policies, general practices, etc.

One of these practices, I highly suspect, is attempting to repair their good name by writing fake reviews here on Glassdoor. The recent 5-star reviews reek of something foul. Either way, I would be very suspicious of them. As I stated earlier, if you absolutely need a job, you can get one here for a little more than minimum wage. You'll probably never get a raise (maybe 50 cents after a year or two). As the other reviewers have stated, the semi-annual evaluations will always rate you at a 3 out of 5 at best and therefore prevent you from getting a raise.

Most hourly employees have had their hours cut recently and are only at 35 hours per week. While this is still full time, it can be less than desired for somebody depending on a solid 40 hour work week. When a promotion actually does take place, it's given to somebody who is complacent and mimics their supervisors, even down to expressions and mannerisms. While this wouldn't be a problem in a successful company, the fact that GTM is doing very poorly in their money management and customer relations would imply that newly promoted managers and supervisors need to be vastly different than the current ones. It's one poor choice after another that will only cripple the company beyond any salvation.

Advice to Management

You need a new crop of upper management who have realistic expectations and most importantly, do things differently than their predecessors. It's probably not too late to just abandon your new software and go back to the old stuff.

"The epitome of "dead end job""

Current Employee - Production Operator in Manhattan, KS
    Current Employee - Production Operator in Manhattan, KS

Pros

There is no good reason to work here. Wait... that's a lie... every way you turn is a twenty-something year old girl in yoga pants. That's a plus I suppose.

Cons

Poor management, unrealistic company goals, inconsistent disciplinary action. Mediocre pay. 0 growth and advancement opportunity. New computer systems function like some high schoolers senior tech project. Production environment is dirty, poorly organized, and filled with safety hazards. Management is secretive and condescending 90% of the time. The sick leave/absence policy favors irresponsible drunks that miss work due to hang overs and doesn't do a thing to help employees with medical situations. And on that note, how bout a company wide AA meeting? Seriously gtm, poll your employees, I'm pretty sure the gtm labor budget keeps some aggieville bars in business. For a company that drug tests upon hiring you can find any drug you want, just ask your co workers. The company plays favorites, animosity between shifts is rIdiculous.

Advice to Management

Burn it down take the insurance money while you still can.