GVW Group Reviews

Updated Feb 24, 2021

4.0
GVW Group Chairman and CEO Andrew Taitz (no image)
Andrew Taitz
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing opportunity for professional growth

Feb 24, 2021 - Talent Acquisition Coordinator in Birmingham, AL
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Amazing and supportive coworkers - Collaborative where necessary, but otherwise independent - Freedom to be creative - Able to experience different types of job functions - No 2 days are the same I started at GVW Group as an intern right after graduating college with little to no experience. I received necessary guidance to be successful in the corporate world, and I am extremely grateful for the opportunities that have come my way as a result of my internship with GVW Group. Their values align with mine, and I was proud to apply to and accept an offer for my current position with them. I am excited to continue growing professionally with the company.

Cons

- It can be confusing when needing to connect with other departments - Being a self-starter is preferred due to some informalities with job-specific training

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Plenty of Opportunity

Feb 24, 2021 - Management in Birmingham, AL
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is a lot of opportunity to make a difference here

Cons

Self starters thrive here. Join if you want a challenging and meaningful experience

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

High Performing, Trusting Atmosphere with room to grow!

Feb 24, 2021 - Executive Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced, ever-changing priorities keeps you on your toes. Great deal of trust extended to employees to work autonomously and "do whatever it takes" to get the job done. Resources always available, but there's no micro-managing. People who enjoy this type of atmosphere will absolutely thrive in this culture!

Cons

Fast-paced environment and juggling multiple priorities isn't an environment everyone will enjoy.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

For people who like to see their direct efforts result in direct business outcomes

Feb 23, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Growth company and industry. Provide variety of opportunities to shine and prove yourself. Very entrepreneurial.

Cons

If you don't feel comfortable being a self starter, stepping in day 1 and delivering results, this is not the place for you.

5. 5.0

Great place to work!

Feb 23, 2021 - Paralegal in Highland Park, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice co-workers, comfortable office, accommodating

Cons

Office is a bit crowded with not enough parking

6. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Dodge a bullet and look elsewhere.

Dec 6, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Highland Park, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are nice and you get cheap health insurance. They also throw pizza parties occasionally, pre-COVID. Those are the only pros that come to mind.

Cons

I come to you not as an employee reviewing their place of work, but as a whistleblower. If you are looking to work for Autocar Parts or interview here, look elsewhere and save the time. Expend your efforts towards an organization that values your work and treats you as a person. When a company is rotten, it all starts at the top, and unfortunately, that is quite true here. The top is the owner and chairman of the company and he simply does not care about, nor trust his employees. He does not believe in raises. Employees here go years without raises and in this day and age, that is borderline inhumane. He also does not trust his employees to work from home during this current pandemic and wants them in the office as much as possible. He’s just not a good person. One example is that he recently purchased an $11 million penthouse in Miami, all the while bucking on raises and bonuses for the year. To say employees at this company are disgruntled, disillusioned, and unhappy is an understatement. They do not believe in management, don’t trust management, and have very low external efficacy. Simply put, they’ve been burned one too many times by upper management and by the owner of the company. The culture here has deteriorated greatly throughout the years. High turnover, coupled with management playing favorites, has led to employees here feeling unhappy and just going through the motions. You will not enjoy working here. Turnover is rampant here. Over the course of a couple years, over 50% of the company will have new faces. You are considered a veteran if you last over a year and a half. Why is it rampant? Because they pay you below-industry-average wage and never hand out bonuses or raises. They don’t incentivize you to stay long-term. The greatest form of recompense you will receive is a pizza party and a target gift card. Notice how there is an influx of reviews from August 3? That is because HR sent out an email concerning the poor reviews this company has online. They asked employees to make positive mentions to boost up their scores, but everyone sees through this transparent attempt to wipe a stain. A stain that has formed over the years and is well-earned. You will not find a competitive compensation package here, nor opportunities for advancement, nor a cohesive, high-performance culture, nor a caring owner. What you will find is a paycheck every two weeks and enjoyable people to work with. That’s about it.

4 people found this review helpful

GVW Group Response

Director of Recruitment Operations

If you were a current employee, we’d encourage you to reach out on a confidential basis to HR to discuss your concerns. Our firm has worked to offer employees and candidates interesting and challenging work in a culture that welcomes open communication and rewards strong performance. We have also instituted measures to increase engagement with, and feedback of, our people. With respect to the pandemic, our business is essential, and provides necessary products and services to other essential businesses. The entire corporate family has been extremely diligent in analyzing, implementing and monitoring best safety practices in its locations, and has made safety of its people paramount. We have always welcomed any communication of any concerns, and have sought to address any issues. The personal attacks against our management are baseless and unfortunate. Our company strives to be a leader in the product markets it serves, and in the professional experiences of our people. Our management seeks nothing more than an engaged, fulfilled team that meets the needs and wants of its customers, and for which our people experience growth, development and rewards for strong performance.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Entrepreneurial, fast-paced and a good place if you're self-driven

Jul 27, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really good people here. Everyone has the opportunity to make significant impact (not too big, still feels like a family co).

Cons

Communications could be better. Not a great place for people who need to be told what to do.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Comfortable being Uncomfortable

Jan 20, 2020 - N/A
    Business Outlook

Pros

At GVW you own the outcomes of the business. An excellent opportunity to try new things, innovate and prove your real worth without the politics of a big business, especially if you are the kind who likes to drive. Variety of great opportunities to help the business win present themselves daily.

Cons

Do not expect that your job description is set in stone and you need to be prepared and comfortable taking on challenges outside your JD.

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Expect to be Squeezed

Jan 16, 2020 - Administrative in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

industry is interesting and some colleagues on the team are friendly

Cons

noone ever meets their expectations, as expectations are never set and demands are constantly increasing. leadership is insecure and provides lack of direction. this is not a place to stay and thrive.

6 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good

Feb 5, 2019 - IBO in Miami, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible Hours, Good Pay for the work.

Cons

Not enough hours to service available

Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 English Reviews