GXS Reviews in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

GXS President and CEO Bob Segert
Bob Segert
1 Rating

Pros
Cons
  • When I was hired, I received almost no training to do my job (in 4 reviews)

• US Employees have to do 3 times the work due to the flawed "cost cutting" business model to outsource jobs (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great Place to work! (Now Open Text)"

Former Employee - QA Engineer in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - QA Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at GXS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great People, No Micro Managing

Cons

Low Pay, Company decided to Outsource tech positions,

"Good place to get experience but to necessarily move ahead"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at GXS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people in my office were very amiable. The local office culture was very relaxed but professional and productive. When left alone our office was able to function well, with very little defects, and high productivity. My boss also allowed me to be as innovative as possible given our requirements.

Cons

After the acquisition by GXS, conditions slowly degraded as process after process was added to us, which caused additional stress (as there were many arbitrary approvals that had to be completed) and numerous issues when it comes to quick response to customer requests. Also, there seemed to be a lack of respect for resources, as issues were allowed to snowball unnecessarily and waste people's time even if it was an issue that was not their responsibility. Finally, the upper management doesn't know the complexities and capabilities of their own acquired products.

Advice to Management

Applying additional processes across the board are not a way to improve reliability if it's not appropriate to the product. In fact, it slows down productivity and causes additional points of failure if it's not need. Additionally, time should be taken to get to know the in's and out's of a product before making major decisions. Some products were under-utilized and many functionalities were redundantly built despite it already existing in other products.

"Good B2B Platform"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at GXS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with - that's a 5 for the Austin, Tx office. I believe they finally made it to a smoother, 100% agile process, which is a wonderful thing indeed.

The platform is extremely versatile, so many business engagements can be solved.

Cons

The company was not 100% agile/scrum at first, so a lot of product management was a cluster.

Advice to Management

During a takeover, give a clear plan on who's staying and how you care about their career. I almost stayed, but the plans were just too murky for me.