Found 10 of over 177 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Management is completely out of touch with what the people 'in the trenches' do, even on a superficial, general level." (in 14 reviews)
- "No training to improve employee skills" (in 8 reviews)
- "Senior management focuses too much on sales growth and not enough on service quality." (in 6 reviews)
- "Low Pay, Company decided to Outsource tech positions," (in 5 reviews)
- "Salaries and bonuses are frozen for the USA employees who do the bulk of the work." (in 5 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of GXS and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "no growth"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Dec 30, 2013Principal EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsBengaluru
Provides good opportunity in Product development, work life balance, compensation
Slow phased career growth particularly promotions
- 2.0Jan 2, 2014Customer Manager - NA SalesCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearMakati City
-ability to work from home -ok comp & ben -great co-workers (speaking only of my experience with MSC)
- lousy sales comp plan (for MSC) - no clear demarcation of responsibilities between the departments - almost no opportunity for growthalmost no opportunity for growthalmost no opportunity for growth - upper management keeps talking about 'a great quarter' or 'a great year,' but it doesn't translate into more for the employees - no real training for career growth - company doesn't invest in their employees to further their skills - horrible customer care. I've personally encountered (many) clients that have said they were given empty promises just so a sale could be made. (this is just the tip of the iceberg unfortunately)
- 1.0Jul 16, 2012Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, less than 1 yearBrook Park, OH
The pay and benefits were the best I ever had. My co-workers and manager helped me the best they could. The company hired me when no other technology company would, and I was exposed to the e-commerce industry. GXS has many Fortune 500 and international clients and continues to grow.
When I was hired, I received almost no training to do my job. Documentation for how to do common tasks was almost nonexistent. The work environment was chaotic and full of pressure. Crises occurred on a daily basis from faulty systems and high-impact production issues. Everyone in my department felt frustrated most of the time from not knowing how to do their job or not having the tools to do their job. Poor communication between departments hurt customer service. Customers often complained about poor service and had to escalate issues just to get them resolved. Layoffs have resulted in understaffed departments. Senior management focuses too much on sales growth and not enough on service quality.3
- 3.0Sep 19, 2019Service Delivery ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 8 years
Compensation, flexible shifts at least it used to be
No Growth, regular changes in management. No clear processes
- 4.0Aug 14, 2014Senior Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsGaithersburg, MD
Flexible work environment and good talented people. Decent Work life balance.
Not many growth opportunities. May change with OpenText Acquisition.
- 3.0Aug 22, 2013Senior Solutions ConsultantFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Long term employees care about the business.
Low growth opportunities so don't expect to grow in the company.
- 2.0May 21, 2015Software EngineerFormer EmployeeBengaluru
cab facility, working fathers/mothers find it easy, like govt job, ppl can quit and join back
no much learning, no growth, no right guidance, higher mgmt- same old faces, ppl are happy doing monotonous work, no extra curricular activities, budget crunch, many managers are not broad minded1
- 2.0Dec 30, 2008Anonymous EmployeeCurrent EmployeeBengaluru
If you want to experience a company with constant changes.
Career and Professional growth is stagnant. Infrastructure, Work environment below standards. Decision making is slow.2