Gabbyville Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated October 30, 2018

3.8
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Easy job, but not monotonous"

I have been working at Gabbyville full-time

Pros

I have had "call center" positions in the past that made me not want to even get up in the morning and I am so grateful to have found Gabbyville. After a very long time, I actually can't wait to start my day and work my shift which I feel has a lot to do with the type of work culture Gabbyville displays. I have been here a short time, but the support I have received from team members as well as Management has been quite phenomenal. I like that I get to deal with all different industries on a day to day basis which keeps things exciting and fills my "knowledge bank" even more. Attendance and professionalism are key, so as long as you can deliver those expectations then this is the job for you.

Cons

I understand the Company wanting to really offer all of us a work/life balance; therefor, providing us with set shifts during normal business hours. However, it would great if they decided to expand hours where I could work extra while everyone in my house is asleep lol!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Oct 29, 2018 – Happiness Manager

Thanks so much for the feedback! A work/life balance is a huge part of our core values. We'd love to extend hours later and hope to do so in the future. There's a lot of pieces that go into our hours... More

2. "Virtual Receptionist"

I worked at Gabbyville part-time

Pros

Overall, I had a positive experience with Gabbyville. They accommodated my scheduling needs; A+ in work/life balance. The team leads are friendly & are a huge help when you need them. I think it's a good opportunity for the right person.

Cons

I'm not sure it's a con but you should be aware it is very busy and things are constantly changing due the client needs. If you can't handle that, it's probably not the right place for you.

"They still have a ways to go."

I worked at Gabbyville full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-They try to be flexible and work with schedules and for the most part they are very good about that.
    -The team is small and so you get to know everyone pretty well.
    -The job itself is not very difficult
    -They have made efforts to comply with employee concerns

Cons

There are back to back calls and they are very short so you are constantly whizzing through phone calls and various tasks. Over the years the business has grown immensely but the clients they now work with are awful. I remember loving the job when we only had to take calls and do tasks for a few companies. We were able to get familiar with their policies and could easy answer questions instead of having to scroll through scripts of unfamiliar information while a customer was waiting to hear an answer. When they started growing you would take calls for so many new companies that were honestly scammy. Certain companies ask you to do task that are not in the job description. Customers were always furious and berated you because of the shady clients scamming them.

There needs to be a uniform system with scheduling appointments and other tasks that the clients request so you don't have to learn a million different calendar systems and etc. Mistakes are bound to happen when you have to train like you work at 50 different companies. In my opinion, we are their virtual reception, not virtual office assistant. If they want us to do all these extra tasks it should be through a system on OUR end not their back office software.

There is no room for growth. You are just a receptionist or a team lead. If you're a team lead you're just a glorified receptionist with triple the responsibility with hardly any other incentive.

Management, HR, and Supervisors can be... shady. There is a certain air of "inner circle" mentality. Some of the girls can be a bit catty at times but I will say that they improved this over the years, I'm assuming because of complaints. They will be very cordial at times but if you ever make a mistake or get on their bad side, so to speak, they can be very cold and curt. This could possibly be because they are frazzled and under a large workload as well.

Advice to Management

-Stop working with scammy clients. Your business has grown so maybe you can be a bit more choosy.

-Create different positions or tiers to maybe even out the workload and not overload information into receptionists. Maybe offer chat or email positions or receptionists that mostly handle scheduling. Add a quality assurance team that can go over things and grade calls or emails and take some work off of your team leads so they can better help the team.

Oct 30, 2018 – Happiness Manager

Hello! Thank you for your feedback. I would like to address some of the items mentioned in your cons.

Back to back calls: There are absolutely waves where our receptionists will be taking calls... More

4. "Great Job!"

Current Employee - Virtual Receptionist in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Virtual Receptionist in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Gabbyville full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work at home , no b.s. This is a great job that keeps you busy but doesn't stress you out. You never work late nights or weekends and the team is very supportive while you are training and first starting. There are so many great things I could say. Work at home jobs are hard to find and this is a legit job with set working hours. The training was great and the leads/managers are supportive and helpful. I've had a lot of cruddy jobs and this is not one of them! I'm not super tech savvy , but they walked me through all of it and provide you with the knowledge you need to do the job. Working at home is everything I'd been praying for and more.

Cons

The pay is kind of low, but considering you get 40 hours a week and you can work overtime after the initial 90 day period with no cap on the overtime, you can definitely make a decent income. I hate to list any cons because I love this company so much.

Oct 30, 2018 – Happiness Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We're glad to hear that you've settled in quite nicely. :)

5. "Great Company!"

I have been working at Gabbyville full-time

Pros

This Company is very young, but growing rapidly. I only see even better things in its future and am excited to be a part of its growth. I have finally been able to achieve a work/life balance because this Company does not suck the life out of me like some of my past Employers. It is a very accepting Company that not only has a diverse staff but Clientele as well.

I did find it a bit overwhelming in the beginning, but the more calls I took the more comfortable I felt. It's just like any other job where the first couple of days are a bit nerve racking. The support system is the best I've ever experienced. I like that my calls aren't monotonous to where its the same thing every single day...being the Receptionist for several different industries keeps things exciting and best of all I get to just be myself. The volume is not as high as some on here state, and infact, if you think a little over 100 calls a day is too much then even applying for a position such as this is not for you...actually, no job is probably right for you because well "work" is not a part of your vocabulary. I'm not sure what people expect? Its a JOB...just do it.

Cons

The training I feel may need to be switched up a bit. They don't rush it in anyway, but the people that we are learning from are super quick and when we are "shadowing" them it is a bit intimidating at times. They do a very good job though trying to make it as hands on as possible considering we are all virtually based.

Oct 30, 2018 – Happiness Manager

Thank you for the constructive feedback!

"Very giving and understanding company"

Current Employee - Virtual Receptionist in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Virtual Receptionist in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Gabbyville full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is by far the best Company I have ever worked for. It truly is like a family and I constantly feel appreciated. I have worked for Companies in the past where I wouldn't even receive a simple "thank you," and Gabbyville goes above and beyond that. You would think with the major growth that this company is experiencing that some how along the way they would stop caring about their Employees, but we continue to be valued. There is a reason as to why Gabbyville was acknowledged as a leader in Employing home based agents and I for one am honored to be a part of this Company. I have always received my pay on time and have also received a raise every year for as long as I have been with them. I am urged to just be myself, I am never scripted or told to act "fake." It's truly refreshing especially if you come from a call center background. I'm not "dinged" on mistakes I may make and as long as I learn from them that's all that matters. Sure we don't get a bunch of "benefits," but I'll take a guaranteed full time M-F position, paid holidays off, paid birthday off, anniversary pay, and random gift cards as appreciation over "benefits" any day!

Cons

More opportunity for advancement.. but not complaining since raises/bonues are given every year

Advice to Management

no advice really, but more so a thank you for being so patient and allowing me to always ask questions even though they are silly

Oct 30, 2018 – Happiness Manager

No question is a silly question! We're thankful when our receptionists come to us with any questions they have. We've all been there! We appreciate you and your feedback!

"It's a job."

Pros

Work from home, friendly team leaders, friendly co-workers. I've never had an issue with payroll. They are flexible with time off requests as long as it is well in advanced and does not conflict with someone else's schedule. If you come to work and do your job the right way, management will not give you too many problems.

The reality of all these reviews is somewhere in between. If you can multitask, be reliable and do your job, you will be fine.

Cons

High call volume for the level of service required. They reiterate you are a receptionist, not a call center, but the call volume says otherwise. It is difficult to maintain a chipper attitude when the call volume is too high.

Advice to Management

Please, please hire enough receptionists to lower the call volume to a more manageable level. We want to provide the excellent service you advertise and we can but we need help.

Oct 30, 2018 – Happiness Manager

Hello! Our team has certainly grown since this review was left. :)

We do stress that our receptionists are truly receptionists, in that we never expect our team to handle things outside of... More

"Pay and Job Duties"

I have been working at Gabbyville full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have to disagree with some of the comments on this company. The position is a basic receptionist position starting out. Taking incoming calls. Multitasking is related to taking incoming calls, possibly scheduling an appointment or making simple outbound calls such as appt reminders or confirming information to/for a client. This is basic receptionist work. Not a Receptionist/ Administrative Assistant position. Not even having to deal with people walking in the front door since it is done at home. As for poverty level income. It is a sad truth that in this country today it normally takes at minimum a 2 person income home in order to be above what is considered poverty level and then it varies depending on your household size. So I feel it is unfair to say out of context they are horrible and pay below poverty level. The pay and opportunity for advancement also depends on many factors including experience, attendance, job performance, company growth and much more. I just feel it is unfair to take things like this out of context when giving a review. The company does promote within. Every team lead or manager I know here all started as a basic receptionist at the starting pay and earned their promotions. Not one of them was brought in from the outside to take these lead roles. Another thing that confuses me is if the turn over rate is so high then why does the majority of the company have 1-2 years with the company and some that have been there since the beginning and the company only being 4 years old. This does not reflect high turn over to me but just the opposite.

Cons

This is a young company that in time will be able to offer more benefits as they grow. No company as young as this can offer the same benefits as companies that have been in business 10 plus years. If they tried they would definitely not last. There are growing pains when growing a business that is just part of it. Your try new things and sometimes its works and other times it doesn't.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. You always ask for feedback from your employees and clients and you work very hard adjust if anyway possible while keeping a long term vision in mind. You are by far not the worse virtual receptionist company out there. I have every faith that you will give more to your employees as your company grows and allows for it. You are taking the right approach in my opinion by not trying to "offer the world" before the company has grown to a stage that it can afford it and continue to thrive and provide job security to your employees.

Thank you so much!

9. "Majority Rules"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, PA

I have been working at Gabbyville full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

So shocked to see current employees or anyone put down this company! If you do not like working at Gabbyville then leave! Be grateful you were hired! I know a lot of people who need jobs right now who would be grateful for a job. Below Poverty level? That is just insane! The starting rate is almost the same with every work at home call center out there. Believe me I worked for quite a few and almost all start you off with the same pay rate. If you didn't like the pay rate when hired then why accept the offer then later on put the company down? Want a raise? Then work hard, be a team player, come in on time and don't call out! Simple! That is how grown ups work! This job is is very easy compared to many jobs out there! To say this company is a disgrace? That is a bit too much! Did one of the Team members or Staff kill your puppy? You can state your opinion but to be so harsh about it is going a bit overboard. All I can say is Majority Rules!

Cons

Rome was not built in a day!

10. "Like A Family!"

Current Employee - Receptionist in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Gabbyville full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being employed at Gabbyville allows me to be a "working mom." The dedicated shift I am allowed to work enables me to know exactly what to expect. I have been with the company for over a year and I am a bit appalled by some of the reviews on here, especially the ones that state they are still "here." My biggest question would be, "why are you still here?" To state that you are paid "below poverty level" is honestly just disturbing in itself. Do you know what it feels like to live in poverty? Do you understand what that entails? If this company was paying "below poverty level" they wouldn't even be able to still operate. They take care of their Employees every single day and provide not only for us, but our families. The comment on here that the bi-weekly pay is "inaccurate" and "your (by the way it's "you're") not paid fully so that is annoying" is completely false. Again, if this Company was cheating their Employees in anyway especially via wages earned, they would be out of business. What is a complete "disgrace" is the fact that anyone can say whatever they please on here regardless if they have even worked for the Company or not. Sounds like another "disgruntled" potential candidate that interviewed with Gabbyville and didn't receive an offer, or a current/former Employee that just didn't want to be held accountable for their own actions. Why does this Company to grow? How are they able to retain some of us on this team that have been here for 2 or more years? I'll tell you why, because they are THAT awesome . Thank you for allowing me to be a working mom...it has done wonders for me mentally and I will forever be grateful. If there are any moms out there that want to feel alive again by doing something for themselves this is the job for you.

Cons

I would love to be able to work additional hours when my children are sleeping but Gabbyville only handles calls until 8pm. Possibly think about expanding hours as well as weekends.

Advice to Management

Only advice would be what I stated above as far as expanding hours.