KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Gabriel Builders Reviews

Updated Sep 2, 2020

Found 5 of over 5 reviews

3.5
Gabriel Builders President and Founder Gus Rubio (no image)
Gus Rubio

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company to be working for

Aug 4, 2019 - Project Manager in Greenville, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working at Gabriel Builders for several years. When I came to this company I had never built a new house. Now I build some of the best houses in the country. Gus and Belinda go out of their way to make us all feel like we are part of a team and family. The office staff is always there for us. This company continues to go above and beyond all expectations.

Cons

Training could be better on key parts of house construction.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

I would not recommend this company

Sep 2, 2020 - Quality Control Manager in Travelers Rest, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Office building was beautiful and neat amenities.

Cons

The work environment ended up being the worst I’ve ever worked in before. It’s very subtle at first and then the negativity and hostile behavior finally shines through after several months of employment. Not a place I would recommend to anyone.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Absolutely the Best Place to Work!

Jul 8, 2019 - Director of Marketing in Travelers Rest, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership, the whole team, quality of team members and work life, healthy and fun work place to work, respectful and collaborative environment. Leadership and the team care for one another and go out of their way to help each other personally and professionally. The benefits are great and honestly this is the best place I have ever worked.

Cons

The only downside is we do not get to use the pool enough!

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing Place to Work!

Jul 3, 2019 - Marketing Assistant in Travelers Rest, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great atmosphere - everyone here is part of a big family! They have won numerous awards for ethics in the workplace and it is easy to see why. Great company to work for.

Cons

No cons! I have thoroughly enjoyed working here. They care about each person.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Steer Clear of this company - no job security

Jan 13, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Travelers Rest, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Job truck is probably the only pro about this place. And some of the office staff are really nice.

Cons

I do not trust what the company says they will do for you. Everything sounds great during the interview and for the first few months. But then you will realize that job security is extremely shaky, don’t expect a bonus or raise, and they can’t keep PMs or staff in general. 401k doesn’t start till after a year and the new health benefits aren’t very good. Turnover has been very high over the past couple of years. Accountability is managed poorly. The company treats their customers like gold and with the upmost respect while they treat their employees with disrespect and constantly patronize and micromanage them. They also speak negatively about people too often and seem to be close-minded to diversity and inclusion. They talk the talk but don’t truly walk the walk. Steer clear of this company.

2 people found this review helpful