Gabriel&Co Reviews | Glassdoor

Jack Gabriel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Marketing"

I worked at Gabriel&Co full-time

Pros

Everyone is like a family at Gabriel and Co. Wonderful office to work in!

Cons

You can't have lunch at your desk otherwise that means you are still working.

Advice to Management

keep the good work

"account executive"

I worked at Gabriel&Co full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

people i worked with were supportive

Cons

poor management; worked too hard for no money

Advice to Management

reward your employees

"PTSD Survivor...NOT joking at all!"

I worked at Gabriel&Co full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You meet lifelong friends here. A lot of the workers have so much talent. You learn quickly. Still small enough where there's a good amount of cross-departmental functionality.

Cons

CEO and VP (both brothers) have anger issues. They blow up at unexpected times and for reasons you think would actually please them. Fear of messing up all of the time. Fear of eating in the kitchen because it became a meeting area if the brothers entered. Fear of talking to other coworkers because you can't be productive and move your mouth. Fear of getting yelled out about things that were out of your control. Fear of coming in late(due to unforeseen circumstances). Fear of leaving on time(5:30pm). Fear of coworkers throwing you under the bus. Fear of management not understanding that it's not a healthy work environment. Fear of HR not being a real HR and taking issues seriously as they should. Fear of losing your job every day. Fear of not being able to express yourself freely. Fear of looking at your cell phone and it being mistaken for you not working. Fear of taking a full hour lunch. Fear of being emotionally abused by the brothers monthly, weekly, daily!

Advice to Management

STOP micromanaging already! It gets old and we see you circling around like a shark in a tank along with your minions (their spies when the brothers aren't in the office). If you believe you hired the right people to hire your workers, then trust your employees. We already live in TRUMP's society, let's not have it in the workplace too!

"Lies and more Lies"

I worked at Gabriel&Co full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Pro is for the Company - it benefits the brothers and no one else, the brothers and their spies which we all know who they are do a great job of keeping a false image of the company to the outside world - they are so out of touch with the rest of the world - including the HR department who posts all of the phony reviews - that lie about the Company

Cons

Too many to list - just read the older reviews as they are the true story of this company.
    Love the one about hiring takes time as they look for the right person or the brother going crazy
    Truth is they don't get a lot of people coming in because of the low salaries
     or due to the fact that they have a rotten reputation in the industry.

"If your owners have no direction, how can you follow?"

I worked at Gabriel&Co full-time

Pros

They do have a nice product, but let's be honest, that's really the bare minimum necessary to exist in this industry.

Cons

There is no continuity on how management wants this company run. The owners, the Gabriel brothers, hire but refuse to delegate any piece of the decision making process. This leaves these two gentleman solely responsible for stirring the ship, though they themselves can't decide on what direction to go.

For a company of only around 100 people, communication should not be this difficult. Don't ask questions, or else someone may think you are trying to undercut them, and good gosh, you better not show any ambition. Overall toxic work environment, evidenced best by the numerous fake reviews posted on this website. I always wondered what HR did all day, besides making snarky comments about their coworkers.

Advice to Management

To the few good men and women in this office, there are better places to call home.

"Gratifying experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Gabriel&Co (More than 5 years)

Pros

My overall time at Gabriel was rewarding and helped me grow my career. The people, atmosphere, and culture are the reasons I worked here for so long. They gave us all the resources we needed to succeed on a daily basis.

Cons

With every job, there are challenges. Nothing different about this one. With such approachable managers, all my issues were resolved in a timely manner

Advice to Management

Keep bringing in people that want to grow and better themselves. It would have been nice to see more fundraising events.

"Still posting FAKE REVIEWS"

Current Employee - Non-Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Non-Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Gabriel&Co full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will learn survival skills

Cons

Read the older reviews as they are the true story of this company. Love the one about hiring takes time as they look for the right person. Truth is they don't get a lot of people coming in because of the salaries or due to the fact that they have a rotten reputation in the industry. Plus they would rather save money and work their employees until they become disgusted and leave.

Advice to Management

Get rid of your little spy. Everyone knows who she is and would make the company a little less hostile. Stop watching the clock-we know how to tell time.

"Gabriel Is A Great Place To Grow In Your Career"

Current Employee - Marketing in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing in New York, NY

I have been working at Gabriel&Co full-time

Pros

You have a chance to make a real impact and will have real responsibilities in your position. You'll learn a lot while working here. There are many types of projects you will be involved with at all levels of the jewelry industry from merchandising and production to sales and marketing. This is a great place to work if you are looking to learn and advance in your career. The company is growing rapidly and there is much opportunity ahead to grow with it. Make the most of the opportunities given to you.

Cons

Not everything is perfect, but the company is making concrete changes to address employees concerns. This is a fast-paced environment with industry deadlines, which you need to keep ahead of. You will have difficulty keeping up if you are not prepared to work hard and be on your game.

Advice to Management

The company is growing quickly and needs more meeting rooms and office space to accommodate new employees. Maybe consider adding a vending machine with snacks so we don't have to go out if we get hungry.

"Great atmosphere to work in!"

Pros

The company culture here at Gabriel & Co. is the best atmosphere that I've worked in. There is always an upbeat vibe and everyone is busy working together and growing. Everybody is friendly, especially the CEO and SVP, who are very dynamic people to work with. I like that there is music playing and that the kitchenette area is a nice place to have lunch with coworkers.

Cons

If you aren't used to a fast pace environment, it may be a tough place to work at. There is always a lot of work to be done and there isn't a dull moment. Ever since I've started it has been non-stop. For me, it motivates me to keep moving forward and hitting deadlines because it is never boring.

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard work because it shows with how much the employees are taken care of.

"Run away! Far far away!"

Pros

You gain a close friendships with co-workers because you band together due to the toxic work environment.

Cons

Oh boy. Where do I begin? First, the pay is horrible and does not align with industry standards. Second, the place is run like a circus. There is so much pressure to perform that you have to always be on your best behavior (think of yourself as a working robot). You always have an eye on you whether it's from the CEO or his minions (think of it like jail) waiting to scold anyone for anything. Third, there are no leadership skills from the management whatsoever. Basically if you are fantastic at BS and know how to hand over work to people who are actually hardworking, you are rewarded with a smile and pat on the back. For the people who actually try and know how to do their job, well they are the ones who are worked to the bone until you have no soul or eventually hate yourself. Keep in mind that you only get designated vacation days + your sick days (if you take off it's seen as a travesty and is frowned upon by the company leaders) where you ultimately have no opportunity to leave your desk until the CEO/managers feel like they do not need you, fire you abruptly, or bully you to the point where you just beg to leave. Honestly, I wish I could erase my time working here because it has been the most traumatizing work experience of my life. I'm surprised this place hasn't been looked at by the BBB due to its horrible and toxic workplace environment. Finally, just an FYI, all the positive reviews on this page are a complete LIE. Management knows that glassdoor reviews are important for people to read prior to interviewing. So they try to control and place a "facade" of a great work environment by littering their page with fake positive reviews.

Advice to Management

My best advice to people who have an opportunity to work here: just run away. I assume you are a decent human being so if I were you I would just cut my losses and find another job that at least pays you better than ok coffee in the kitchen and chill friday snacks (which we all know does not pay the bills). My best advice to management: get it together. Treat people with respect and not like they're at daycare. The unprofessional work environment is just astounding and shameful. Also if management needs one final piece of advice, here is the "secret" combination to happy employees: equal/respectable pay + human decency = happy/retainable employees.