17% would recommend to a friend
(69 total reviews)
30% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Many great people whose lives are devoted to spiritual growth and healing" (in 14 reviews)
- "Amazing coworkers." (in 4 reviews)
- "Team is mostly senior, and is a good place for mid" (in 4 reviews)
- "We have a great cafe and a full gym." (in 3 reviews)
- "The beautiful campus, crystals, cafe." (in 3 reviews)
- "Management actively resists innovation and expertise." (in 7 reviews)
- "When it comes to hiring, upper management has been blunt about only hiring people “in the space” and that “there is no room at Gaia for individuals who reject our mission or feel cynical about our goals...or our content”." (in 6 reviews)
- "Bad pay." (in 3 reviews)
- "Imagine a CEO who has literally set" (in 3 reviews)
- "Culture is a huge part of this company." (in 2 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Gaia and is not affected by filters.
Found 69 of over 91 reviews
Updated Nov 22, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 1.0Nov 22, 2023MarketingCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLouisville, CO
Just reading through previous reviews makes my heart ache for not knowing better. So many motivated, highly qualified and educated people/ light workers walk through these doors just to be harassed, traumatized and intentionally mismanaged. It feels like they are doing the best they possibly can to sink their own ship.
Sadly, the mismanagement comes from above. The CEO is exceptionally out of touch with reality, and the president is utilizing this fact to cash out and probably leave as soon as possible. Honestly have never met a person so obviously negligent and nefarious as her. multiple harassment cases not taken seriously, massive misconduct. Hypocrisy, narcisism and toxic masculinity are rewarded.
- 1.0Nov 18, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLouisville, CO
Other than the wonderful coworkers I get to work alongside with, there's absolutely nothing about Gaia that I enjoy.
Boring, mind-numbingly monotonous work. Brutally long hours. Non existent work life balance. Controlling managers with an obsession over perfection. If any of that sounds great to you, then by all means, work here. But if not, I suggest you steer clear from this place.
- 4.0Jun 23, 2023Software EngineerFormer EmployeeLouisville, CO
The people at Gaia are awesome, so many unique individuals and free thinkers. Working in the engineering department seems to have been a lot more enjoyable than some of the others and IMO that is because of David Sieh. He is a great mentor and leads the department with grace. Everyone that remains in the department is awesome to work with. The location is gorgeous and the cafe is awesome. Overall, was is a very unique and special place to work up until the time I left.
When I left, they were requiring people to work from the office again and it seems like they are very serious about micromanaging the amount of time butts are in seats which I think is counter productive and not an accurate measure of one's contribution. People that don't have patience for that kind of attitude are leaving.3
- 3.0Jul 23, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsLouisville, CO
Coworkers are (in general) are really kind, compassionate and and fun to work with. People are passionate about their work, we/they care and work hard to make the best content we can. Good benefits Onsite café for breakfast and lunch is yummy and price subsidized
Office Hours are strict. Periodically there are audits of your work hours where they look at when you badge into the building and watch the cameras for when you leave (and possibly lunch breaks?). The turn over is high. Hiring seems to be difficult. Work loads are high and people all seem stressed.3
- 2.0Oct 5, 2023Content ManagerFormer Employee, less than 1 year
None. Just don't ever bother.
Micromanagement is an understatement; top level management will come up with ideas for new processes that either make no sense or just get changed the next week. Workloads are insane and most people burn out after a few months. These people are Liars. Just run far away. Find a job that values you.1
- 2.0Oct 22, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Great people with a desire to make a difference
The management is controlling and disempowering of its employees. It's just sad.1
- 1.0Aug 15, 2023MarketingFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLouisville, CO
The memories I hold closest are the laughs and accomplishments shared with my exceptional former co-workers.
The company talked a lot about work-life balance, but in reality, they never gave us enough time off. I was constantly working late nights and weekends, and my supervisor was always breathing down my neck. The work was mindless and repetitive, and I felt like I was constantly being neglected. I eventually reached my breaking point and was terminated. I would never recommend anyone to work at Gaia. The company has a toxic work environment, and the management is completely out of touch with the needs of their employees. If you are looking for a job with a good work-life balance, Gaia is definitely not the place for you.3
- 1.0Sep 11, 2023Software EngineerFormer Employee, less than 1 year
Some of the team members are really cool people to work with.
I had the unfortunate experience of working at this company, and I can confidently say that it was the worst professional experience of my life. The level of micromanagement was suffocating, and any semblance of work-life balance was non-existent. From the moment I joined, I was met with a lack of understanding and support, making it difficult to thrive as an employee. My concerns and suggestions were brushed aside, and it seemed as though my well-being and personal growth were of no important to them.3
Gaia Reviews FAQs
Gaia has an overall rating of 2.7 out of 5, based on over 91 reviews left anonymously by employees. 17% of employees would recommend working at Gaia to a friend and 16% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.
17% of Gaia employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Gaia 2.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.3 for culture and values and 2.3 for career opportunities.