The latest conversations about Tech
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Got a burning question about Gainsight? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Gainsight employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great culture and down" (in 53 reviews)
- "Work life balance is good" (in 43 reviews)
- "Truly great people that always do the right thing." (in 27 reviews)
- "Great leadership who aren't afraid of transparency and being challenged" (in 26 reviews)
- "Management is good and provides help whenever required" (in 22 reviews)
- "No 401K match and you need to be at a certain level in order to participate in the equity program." (in 13 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Gainsight and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 473 of over 499 reviews
Updated Sep 27, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Sep 27, 2023Program ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearNew York, NY
- Great employee benefits - Human first approach from HR -
- A fair bit of buddy back scratching at the exec level - Can be cut-throat at times - Promotions without compensation reviews
- 5.0Sep 25, 2023Senior ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearWashington, DC
Working at Gainsight is never dull - we're shifting and pivoting as needed and redefining what work is and what it isn't. Gainsight means it when we say "human first" and just like all things people-related, that means evolution and growth. Benefits are a top offering at Gainsight along with flexibility to work from anywhere. In a world that is shifting back to the office, employees have not heard a peep about this which gives me great confidence and trust in Nick's leadership. AMA's from leadership are helpful, even if they are tough messages. Recharge days each month are by far my favorite thing.
There is a tendency to be reactive which can create some frustration. Career mobility does not seem to be a focus within the company, but happens on accident. Although remote work is available, there are times of high volume work which can create a work/life balance shift.
Gainsight Reviews FAQs
Gainsight has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5, based on over 499 reviews left anonymously by employees. 91% of employees would recommend working at Gainsight to a friend and 81% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
91% of Gainsight employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Gainsight 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.