Gainsight Reviews

Updated May 6, 2021

4.6
Gainsight CEO Nick Mehta
Nick Mehta
Pros
  • "The work environment is amazing(in 22 reviews)

• "Great learning in customer success(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "work/life balance can be looked at(in 12 reviews)

• "Excellent place to drive your career in Customer Success(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Highly Recommend

Mar 25, 2021 - Solutions Architect
      Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits are incredible, and the pay is above market, but the key thing is that our CEO truly lives our values. He is human-first through and through but also is an incredibly sharp business leader. I can't imagine working for a better leader. Most of the other leaders at Gainsight are similarly human-first and sharp, which makes the experience of working here overwhelmingly positive.

Cons

The product itself can be frustrating at times. R&D seems to largely be dedicated to new, flashy features that sell well vs. fixing fundamental flaws that would make life so much easier for existing administrators (and technical employees!).

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great CEO and the relationships built.

Apr 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

CEO is extremely "down to earth" and likable. Friendly environment by the day to day team

Cons

Overworked - hard to manage 100+ clients/people when your head count is less than 3 and certain departments wont budge for even an intern. certain teams/departments are favored - Sales is a given that are favored heavily in any company, but the people that turn the wheels internally, that is a different story.

CEO

Thanks so much for taking the time to share feedback to help us improve. First of all, we appreciate the positives about the environment. More importantly, I'm grateful for the constructive input. It's obvious we weren't giving you the support you needed around internal processes. In our current fiscal year, internal processes are a huge focus area to help us scale. I will confess I think I underinvested in this area historically. I'm looking forward to changing that in the coming months. Wishing you the best and thanking you for being a Gainster! Nick Mehta (CEO)

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing company

Feb 16, 2021 - Customer Success Analyst in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing company to be a part of. It has its challenges but getting out on the other side is always rewarding. The thing I love most about this company is the human-first approach.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great leadership and company

Jan 28, 2021 - Senior Customer Success Manager in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

The quality of individual leaders is amazing. The bar is raised high for quality of work.

Cons

I don't feel like there are any cons, that are unique to Gainsight. Some weeks you just seem to work longer or harder than others

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Strong career springboard

Jan 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

My experience was that Gainsight rewarded high achievers very well, with promotions and the ability to work on exciting, impactful, cross-functional projects. Great place to accelerate your career if you're willing to jump in head first.

Cons

Scaling pains. The company grew fast and sometimes solved problems with people instead of good process and good systems.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee

Feedback is a gift

Feb 3, 2021 - G&A
      Business Outlook

Pros

Having many offices and a pro-remote organization has brought diverse people and teams. I feel like I can always learn more from others.

Cons

Lots of people are 2-3 yrs into career and expecting growth/merit increase that isn't available

7. 5.0
      Former Employee

Excellent place to work!

Dec 9, 2020 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible leadership from Nick Mehta.

Cons

Career trajectory can be hard to map.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Human First Company Means You Get to be a Human First

Jan 7, 2020 - Director in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Gainsight is a fast growing technology company that has all of the plusses and minuses that go with that type of business... except on the plus side of the equation. On the plus side, Gainsight does some things that frankly blow me away. Benefits are amazing but the HR team don't settle with just offering great benefits, they make sure everyone is getting the most out of them which is amazing. They also do some great things to make remote employees feel part of the culture and team. They have such a strong focus on their culture and Core Values, even with the exponential growth everyone in the teams are amazing to work with.

Cons

At times, things change so quickly it's easy to feel 'out of the loop' but the initiatives to improve communication and org structure are quickly minimizing this.

Chief People Officer

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Nice to hear that the "plus side of the equation" blows you away. We will try to keep our bar high. BTW, I agree that simplicity is genius. Plenty of room for us to get better at boiling ideas, communication, etc. down to their simplest form.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

I live for our company values!

Dec 12, 2019 - Office Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have never felt more involved and valued for my work until I joined Gainsight. I really admire our company values and how I see our leadership team drive initiatives based on our values. My favorite value is Shoshin, a beginners mind. If I have an idea I think will bring value and meaning to my own development, my team and for the business I feel like my voice is heard and I’m motivated to run with it. I love the autonomy I have in my role and the people here make our culture unique.

Cons

Before joining Gainsight, I worked in the public sector where there was more structure in place and when I joined Gainsight I diffidently felt the tech startup environment which took some getting use to. I currently struggle with a work life balance because there is always work to be done and sometimes we need to evaluate new processes that will work. I can see how it can create stress for some, but that's why our company values play an important part in our everyday work. If you are up for new challenges to push yourself and love thinking of innovative ways to make an impact you will feel at home at Gainsight.

Chief People Officer

Thanks for sharing. I struggle with work/life balance for the same reason. Love your energy and thanks again for the feedback.

10. 2.0
      Current Employee

Poor leadership, unfair practices

Jul 8, 2020 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

It is hard for someone to get fired...

Cons

...It is hard for someone to get fired. Do not let what you hear about Gainsight's "human first" leadership fool you. The CEO continues to ignore toxic leadership, despite numerous complaints...he ignored a toxic leader for many years and is doing the same with another new toxic leader. The promotion process in the company is very political, it is all about who you are connected to. There is a lot of bias within the company, especially within senior leadership. and despite COVID19, people are actively leaving the company.

15 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for caring so much to write this. I agree that we need to hold leadership (and me) to the highest standards. I also agree I can do a lot more in this regard personally. A few weeks ago, we launched a new process called "Values 360" for management. My goal was to get away from hearsay. As we all know, hearsay can be very biased and hard to process. So we ask peers and direct reports to rate each exec on all 5 of our Values and give feedback on each. The goal is to make the input tangible. I have the feedback sessions in the coming weeks - the early ones have been received well. And I have a standard where if an exec isn't living up to a certain level of a Value, they have to remediate asap to continue to be a leader here. I should have done this process much sooner and own that. On firing more broadly, I do have perhaps a slightly different point of view than the conventional wisdom. I know many people say "you never regret firing a person too soon." I myself at Gainsight have seen that many of the long-term top performers were people who at some point some manager wanted to part ways with. Yet when given a chance, they were able to prove they can thrive. I think leadership needs to be held to a very high standard and I am working hard to get better at that. At the same time, I do think people miss talent in the broader employee base by having a very narrow view and not putting people in the right situations. That's just my perspective of course. On promotions, I'd like to dig into this more. We do have a process that is pretty rigorous but I think your point about removing bias is very important. I'll spend time reflecting and welcome additional comments on this one. Regardless, I believe in the phrase "to those who much is given, much is expected" and want to be held to the highest standards myself. So I appreciate you challenging me. Thanks for wanting to make this place better. Nick Mehta

Viewing 1 - 10 of 167 Reviews