Gainsight Reviews

4.6
Gainsight CEO Nick Mehta
Nick Mehta

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great culture and teammates.(in 30 reviews)
  • "Work life balance is good(in 21 reviews)
  • "I believe there are only a few opportunities in your life where you get to work with truly great people and I am extremely blessed and proud to be able to work for Gainsight and the leadership team.(in 17 reviews)
  • "the management is good and all are very helping(in 17 reviews)
  • "CEO is amazing!!(in 15 reviews)
Cons
  • "the only downside of benefits is that there is no 401k match(in 4 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

About to celebrate 7 years and already planning out the next 7

Mar 23, 2022 - Sr. Director, Technical Support
    Business Outlook

Pros

Gainsight is by far the best organization I've worked for. I started out as an individual contributor and have worked my way up to leading a team of over 15 just in the US alone. Gainsight has always treated me fairly and allowed me to thrive alongside so many others. I fully trust the direction that Nick, Kellie, and other managers are working towards.

Cons

Every company has challenges and I'd say Gainsight struggles in areas that a lot of other companies do. Growing and scaling at such a rapid pace is hard and sometimes we're just a bit behind instead of being ahead of the changes.

2. 5.0

Amazing Company Culture

Mar 14, 2022 - Corporate Events Coordinator in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

I truly love working for Gainsight. As a company they spend a great deal of time onboarding each new hire, to ensure their success in the company. Gainsight also holds true to its core values (Success for All, the Golden Rule, Shoshin, Stay Thirsty, and of course Childlike Joy), and strongly encourages its employees to show these values in their day to day work. I frequently come to meetings with new ideas or implementations, that are embraced rather than rejected. There really isn't a bad idea here at Gainsight. I've also found that many in the company are always happy and willing to help. When I first started, I had thousands of questions, and would frequently reach out to fellow gainsters for assistance or help pointing me in the right direction. All of my fellow co workers are incredibly happy working here. At Gainsight I rarely feel like I'm working. Every day, I get to work from home with my dog, doing something I love, at a company that clearly values its employees, and shows it.

Cons

The only negative that I have for Gainsight, is no 401k match.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 5.0

Total Game-Changer

Jan 18, 2022 - Senior Solution Architect in Provo, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Market leader in an excellent market - CEO is admirable and inspiring - Amazing customers - Every team mate is bright, competent, committed, up-beat, and fun - The product provides real value and actually works - As for PS orgs, this is one that has their act together, providing structure, and making it as simple as possible to maintain a reasonable work-load and work/life balance Gainsight has been a game-changer in my life. Providing the opportunity to lean into meaningful work, that is challenging and rewarding; while also providing the resources to be successful and have fun at work. Since joining, I have been able to increase time with my family, friends, and personal aspirations, but also be held accountable to work hard, and work smart. It's a game-changer for customers who use the product...improving their CS operations and really making a difference in their net-retention number. It's a game-changer in the way the business world is approaching business as a whole. I love this company, and will make sure that I continue to excel in my role because I have no intention on going anywhere for the foreseeable future.

Cons

- It's not perfect, damn near close.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A framework that all companies should follow

Mar 14, 2022 - Solutions Architect
    Business Outlook

Pros

Gainsight exemplifies what a 'dream job' should be: HUMAN FIRST. Supportive and transparent business with coworkers that want to see you win (Success for all). Deciding to join Gainsight was a life-changing decision for the better. It's not just marketing gimmicks - it's the real deal. I'd love to see Gainsight featured nationally as THE framework of how corporations can improve and keep their employee retention.

Cons

I'm having a hard time coming up with a 'con' for Gainsight. They seem to have addressed challenges head-on and are always looking to improve.

5. 5.0

The grass IS GREENER!

Nov 9, 2021 - Customer Success Manager in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

- For everyone who says "the grass isn't greener on the other side" has never worked for Gainsight - Mission and Values - they are real. Gainsight is very focused in being Human First in everything they do for their employees, customers and even employees families. - Leadership has your back and encourages you to own your own business and do what's right for the customer - Customer losses are a team effort. Customer at risk? We have an amazing process where everyone comes to help at all levels of leadership and all departments. - BEST company ever!

Cons

- Like any rapidly growing company, process are not documents and it's a lot of "figure out as you go". If you need tight structure, this is not the place for you. However, if you don't mind ambiguity, leadership that listens and often acts on your ideas and feedback, and the flexibility to put customers first then this is your place.

Chief People Officer

Thanks for your encouraging words. Accelerating hiring and optimizing our processes are both priorities for us. Glad we're on aligned on how to keep getting better. Cheers...

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Gainsight is fantastic and I try to recruit all of my friends to come work here

Jan 27, 2022 - Solutions Architect in Leander, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Our CEO, Nick Mehta. - Positive, inclusive, and forward-thinking culture - Engineers move quickly to resolve bugs AND feature improvements - Great managers all around - Teams work together and are supportive of one another - We truly believe in the values we promote (and they're all great values!) - Compensation is great (was able to make a large jump in pay by joining Gainsight) - Wonderful benefits

Cons

When I joined, the internal training for the product I work with was somewhat non-existent (mostly read through customer-facing documentation and follow customer-facing guides). Though, having the ability to watch customer-facing training was very helpful in learning talk tracks (we record all calls here); it can be just a bit time-consuming to learn through this method. Upside to this con: Real effort is being made to improve upon the training resources for future hires.

7. 5.0

Gainsight is a dream

Feb 10, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

- culture and values: they really mean what they say and act on these values every single day - the most supportive team and people - benefits are so great - they really believe in work/life balance - everyone is so joyful and works so hard to hit our goals because we are treated so well! - big goals and the resources and guidance to hit them - best product in CS and constantly evolving to be even better

Cons

Can’t think of any !

8. 5.0

Excellent Company Atmosphere and Top Tier Co-Workers

Feb 10, 2022 - Solutions Architect in Orange, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working here has been great. I feel fully supported in my role and have at every step of the way. I am learning and growing faster than I ever expected.

Cons

Lots of work to be done. Not always a con, but the workload can be very full if you aren't used to a busy weekly load.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

You Search for a Great Company Is Over!

Nov 10, 2021 - Customer Success Manager in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Too hard to list all of them but I will name a few below: - Gainsight truly lives and breathes its company values and tries winning in business while being human-first - Very strong products across the board that help customers solve business pains - Supportive leadership that listens to feedback - Fantastic benefits: recharge days, unlimited PTO, $0 cost medical insurance for employee and dependents - World-class thought leadership in the industry and state-of-the-art conferences that all teams participate in. - Lots of growth potential as Gainsight is growing rapidly - Nice swag :)

Cons

- Work-life balance can suffer sometimes when staffing is low - Interview process is very lengthy and some very good candidates are not willing to wait and go through 5+ rounds of interviews - Hiring can't keep up with growth (good problem to have but needs solving nevertheless)

Be the first to find this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for the kind feedback! And yes we are hiring and need to hire more! Nick

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

A place I would recommend to people I want to see succeed in a growing industry

Nov 29, 2021 - Customer Lifecycle Marketing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

It feels great to be fully supported by my team, my supervisor, and the entire company culture. This starts on day one and continues as you grow in your role. This is a company that has figured out what employees need to feel empowered and in-the-know, especially as they work remotely.

Cons

There really aren't a lot of cons right now. There is a lot of hiring at the moment to help build on what has been proven. Potentially that's a challenge as so many enter the workforce. But so far the company seems to be doing a great job with it.

Chief People Officer

Thanks for taking the time to describe the experience and I'm particularly pleased to hear that the remote experience is a positive one for you. I share your concern about onboarding high numbers of new hires and we continually push ourselves to do better and better. Thanks again!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 285 Reviews

Gainsight Reviews FAQs

Gainsight has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5, based on over 301 reviews left anonymously by employees. 92% of employees would recommend working at Gainsight to a friend and 91% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Gainsight employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Gainsight. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

92% of Gainsight employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Gainsight 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Gainsight to be management, benefits, senior leadership and the cons to be career development .

Popular Careers with Gainsight Job Seekers