Galderma Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Galderma Manager Reviews

Updated Mar 30, 2019

2.5
Galderma CEO Stuart Raetzman (no image)
Stuart Raetzman
  1. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Galderma full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Company, Good Benefits, Nestle Ownership

Cons

Product Portfolio could be better

Galderma2018-08-02

"Refuse to pay wages"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Galderma full-time for more than a year

Pros

They really are no pros.

Cons

They will let you go and refuse to pay you what they owe you. They currently owe me a significant amount of money and engaged in unethical negotiations. Withdrawing offers made once they left the table.

Advice to Management

Clean up your management.

Galderma2019-03-30

"Overworked, under resourced and immature"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Galderma full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Products that are well respected. Wonderful healthcare and retirement benefits. One business unit (of 3) shows strong growth, second shows decent prospects.

Cons

Systems and processes don't exist. Lack of business maturity in every sense. Micromanagement and little tolerance for the facts. Owned by Nestle but little integration or adoption of Nestle best practices. One business unit in sharp decline with unclear future.

Advice to Management

Focus on long term growth and not just landing the current month. Short term focus leads to churn, poor decision making and mistakes being repeated.

Galderma2017-05-20

"Senior Manager"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Lausanne

I worked at Galderma full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good salary and benefits. Nice people to work with.

Cons

Bad senior and executive management, lack of strategy, lack of resources, no value to employees.

Advice to Management

Leave with dignity..

Galderma2018-09-21

"Run away, this is a proffesional step back to be here"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Galderma full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fair salary (not the best, not the worst) and good benefits

Cons

Leadership: lack of strong leaders, both globally and regionally. They don´t have solid C-level. Decisions and strategic outcomes they made are erratic and fragmented, short term vision. They are just managing upward to please Nestlé and keep their jobs. Nothing they deliver makes enough sense for the long term of make you feel pride. High, very high rotation in management level… and even top exec level. People are... leaving because neither execs nor managers believe the strategy and long term plans proposed. Strategy: since we are owned by Nestle and this is a consumer-food company, they really don´t have a strong north, solid plan for Galderma, which is pharma. It leads to uncertainty and weak managerial decisions. They don´t understand that we need strong pipeline; they are weak in I&D decisions. I&D: Missing pipeline, they don´t have how to sustain the future. Whereas most of the competitors are strengthening their pipelines, we keep on listening that we are great but reality is that we don´t have a good portfolio, just a bunch of old products that once were sort of blockbusters but now nothing innovative in short-mid-long term to face the future. When launching nowadays is just product extensions or worse… just new packaging to create an innovation atmosphere which our physicians wonder… so, what’s the real innovation in all these? HR: nonprofessional, formal career plan for employees, only for few of them who have the right connections. Objectives set up & evaluation process are very informal; a disrespect for the employees as to say. They run it in 1 day, as an urgent request, no plan, no discussion and no real feedback to employees. HR team junior or just shut-up managers who doesn´t add value most of the time, and worse… they license the deviation in the processes. Many of the things related to evaluation process that I´ve seen here would be a misconduct report in other multinationals. Internal communication is missing structure and frequency. Transversal process lacks structure and strong ways to communicate. Career: they do not run employee satisfaction surveys and when they do, they really don´t take care of the insights. If you don´t have good contacts, you won´t progress despite your abilities and records. Since they are missing structure and strong managerial / HR services, you rely on your connections to step ahead in your career. Financial: Budget process for the year is a very delayed process; most of the companies close the discussion and approve goals & targets before the EoY; in Galderma you are still awaiting for your targets in Q2 of the year Culture: despite they have a relaxed culture, which is enjoyable, they know they are missing all these and just make jokes of these as part of their culture... they are almost proud of it.... shame! When people finally get tired and leave they keep on saying that this is because they were not a "good fit" for Galderma culture instead of having a minimum self-awareness and accountability to fix the root causes of the internal disorder and unsatisfaction.

Advice to Management

Please, please, behave like a pharma company; stablish a solid I&D plan (a real one); create a solid pipeline (not just line extensions or packaging changes). Rebuild your HR structure to really create career plans and listen to the people and gain knowledge with their insights. Put some order in the company, is despicable that you spend 6 months in setting targets and then insult your people with the... unprofessinoal process to deliver objectives setting. We are so disorganized nowadays, it really concerns how such disorder will allow us build the future. If you want to play Pharma like a multinational does, please be proffesional with your people, it´s a matter of basic respect to your employees.

Galderma2017-06-06
  6. "Mais potencial que realidade"

Key Account Manager in São Paulo, São Paulo

I have been working at Galderma

Pros

Multinacional com excelentes produtos e grande potencial. Tem Bins benefícios no cargo, como veículo e oportunidades de premiação trimestral.

Cons

RH pouco expressivo. Mais importante ter contatos que competências. Mudanças constantes, pouca estabilidade, gestão inexperiente. Oportunidades cada dia menores. Muita importância para aparências.

Galderma2018-02-01