Galileo Financial Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 16, 2019

4.4
Galileo Financial Technologies CEO Clay Wilkes
Clay Wilkes
Pros
  • "Work-Life balance, perks, PTO and 401k, Health Care Plan and Nice office space with amazing views(in 7 reviews)

• "There are a large number of really great people working here(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Call center and bank operations are treated poorly(in 4 reviews)

• "We just barely got internet access in late 2014, and most everything seems to be blocked and doesn't work well(in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Galileo Financial Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Smart, down-to-earth, hard-working people. I love the work/life balance. We work hard, then go home and play hard with our families. I love that Galileo doesn't ask you to sell your soul to them in order to advance and be rewarded. The work is interesting. Our industry is changing so fast, there is always some new challenge or technology to work on. Throughout the year, Galileo plans company-wide activities to help bring everybody together and to make it a fun place to work. The pay and benefits are very competitive with other companies our size.

Cons

Sometimes we are overly conservative with our software releases, so they take too long to roll out. We are dealing with people's money, so we have to be careful, so I get it. But it's still frustrating at times. I commute from Utah county and Galileo is located in Cottonwood heights. The commute north on I-15 is ugly at best. If Galileo would open an office in Utah county, that would be amazing!

Galileo Financial Technologies2019-03-16
  2. "Exciting to be part of a growing company"

Current Employee - Site Reliability Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Galileo Financial Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company at present is somewhere between start-up and a giant corporation. For its size it has a lot of impact on the financial world. It's fun to work for such an important part of the machine while still wearing jeans and a t-shirt. My job specifically has been great for allowing me to use creative solutions for getting work done. They've been patient with my mistakes and helpful for teaching me how to be better.

Cons

I personally have had a great time here. It could be better if more resources were available but it's pretty great even without that.

Galileo Financial Technologies2019-06-16
  3. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Galileo is a great place to work. Really cool technology and endless opportunity and potential for the right person.

Cons

Rapid growth has meant some of the resources and processes are strained, but they are working to improve that.

Galileo Financial Technologies2019-06-11

"Work here with caution"

I have been working at Galileo Financial Technologies full-time

Pros

Chance to work on exciting projects Great employees

Cons

Could be moved from the position you were hired for to another position Dishonest Management Some of the work should be done by interns and not a full time employee Monotonous, boring work depending on what department you are in Could be lied to about future opportunities if management makes assumption about your skills Poor communication Poor workflow Horrible Horrible dev database Management does not listen to requests, they just focus on the product that is making the most money for the company. And if your department is not part of the product that is involved in making this feature, you and your suggestions are put on the back burner and usually never addressed. Do not promote or hire from within.

Advice to Management

Do not tell your employees that they will have opportunities to move into different parts within the company if you have no intention of actually giving them the chance at the opportunity. Hire or promote from within the company before hiring more outside workers Listen to employees suggestions and actually try to rectify the problems they bring up. Use the talents of your developers instead of having them do menial tasks because you make an assumption about their skills without giving them an opportunity to show you what they can do.

Galileo Financial Technologies2019-06-14

"Great Company, Great People"

Current Employee - Site Reliability Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Galileo Financial Technologies full-time

Pros

Amazing, smart and talented people. Work-Life balance, perks, PTO and 401k, Health Care Plan and Nice office space with amazing views.

Cons

on call is stressful with no additional compensation, frugal with cell phone policy, no bonuses

Advice to Management

Continue hiring great people, keep up with the fun activities. Better phone reimbursement policies (haven't changed in 18 years or so?), Christmas bonuses and real profit sharing options would Put Galileo up there with some of the best employers. Look for ways to develop your people to benefit you as a company and the employees as well. Allow working from home 1 day a week, or twice a month, this could help reduce our carbon emissions between 10-20% as well as provide additional benefits to employees.

Galileo Financial Technologies2019-05-04

"Amazing Company!!"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Great people to work with, 100% paid benefits, amazing PTO and humanitarian PTO, fun and enthusiastic environment!

Cons

Need healthier snacks put out every morning instead of junk food!

Galileo Financial Technologies2019-03-13

"Software Development"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Galileo Financial Technologies full-time

Pros

There are a large number of really great people working here. Everyone tends to get along well. Benefits are good. 100% paid insurance premiums, matching 401k and a great number of holidays are off. Many companies pressure developers to work long hours, that isn't done here.

Cons

Deployment of development product can take too long, in many cases. This process has improved and is still improving. Moderizing this, i suspect, is the goal, but i also believe this process is going to take a painfully long time to implement.

Advice to Management

Communicate. It is just all too common to be tasked with correcting an issue on something you have never heard of our knew that another team member implemented. Understanding the bigger picture affects how you develop other things. Many of us never get to know how the products we work on are then used by our customers. It's usually, for us devs, just on to the next thing. While the above may paint a negative towards our management team, i don't want to give that impression. These people try very hard to make sure their employees have what they need to be productive and content with their jobs.

Galileo Financial Technologies2019-03-13
  8. "The best coworkers ever!"

Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Galileo Financial Technologies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Galileo is a super exciting place to work right now as we are growing very fast. Galileo encourages and supports a really good work/life balance and the benefits are awesome!

Cons

We continue to work to improve processes all the time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the company activities.

Galileo Financial Technologies2019-03-12
  9. "Great place but pay is not competitive"

Current Employee - Software Test Engineer

Pros

People are great. Event are fun

Cons

Pay is not good or competitive

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees give good pay according to market

Galileo Financial Technologies2019-03-14
  10. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Managers are great and it's a friendly work environment. Benefit premiums are paid for and you even get 2,500 in a HSA.

Cons

Dental insurance is discount only.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring talented coworkers.

Galileo Financial Technologies2019-03-12