Gallup Reviews in Nebraska | Glassdoor

Gallup Nebraska Reviews

Updated July 10, 2017

Nebraska

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • flexible work schedule and competitve pay (in 31 reviews)

• work life balance, respect from leaders of organization (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Zero work life balance (so much for their book: 'Wellbeing: The Five Essential Elements') (in 15 reviews)

• Employee engagement is just a string of consonants and vowels (in 12 reviews)

1. "Gallup Systems Application Developer Intern"

Current Intern - Systems Applications Developer in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Gallup as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

* Pay is good for an internship
    * Many very smart coworkers
    * Very good work culture, focusing on strengths, with a healthy work life balance.
    * Many opportunities for recognition
    * Hands on experience for interns
    * Many learning opportunities

Cons

* Can be difficult to move on to more challenging projects as an intern
    * Takes a long time to get set up with a new team
    * Depending on where you are from and what you want, Nebraska may not be the optimal location

Advice to Management

* provide more resources for getting set up with new teams

"Friendly and Flexible"

Current Intern - Systems Applications Developer in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Gallup as an intern

Pros

Great people with a culture focused on employee engagement. Hours are very flexible; as long as you are getting your work done and are making it to meetings, you can come in and leave at any time you would like. The hiring process is fairly selective, this means you will inevitably work alongside individuals who are great at what they do. Overall, Gallup is a very fun, organized, and structured company. I really enjoy working here.

Cons

So far I have absolutely no complaints.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Good, not great"

Current Employee - Telephone Interviewer in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Telephone Interviewer in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Gallup full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very flexible schedule, tuition reimbursement, and casual atmosphere. Great co-workers and mostly competent management. Can go on leave when you need to.

Cons

Work gets old very quickly, no real way to control your own perfomance. "Base wage" is not really a base wage, you can earn down to minimum wage if your performance is low a particular day or week. Lots of hoops to jump through to get bonuses. Worst part is there is no PTO at all, unless you have a baby. Even people who have been there for 15+ years do not get PTO.

Advice to Management

Could be a little more professional at the West Dodge location. Managers often gossip about employees among themselves and with interviewers.

"Overall a very pleasant place to work"

Current Employee - Software Developer Intern in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Software Developer Intern in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Gallup full-time (More than a year)

Pros

very flexible hours
    company culture is top-notch
    a good amount of independence, you don't feel micromanaged
    they believe in their products and use them internally

Cons

no overtime allowed
    hourly payment is not competitive

5. "Best Company to Work For!"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Gallup as an intern (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been working for Gallup for three years now. From talking with other people, Gallup is the best company to work for! They truly care about their employees and have many "lifers" who have been working here for 20+ years. Gallup really practices what they preach about work-life balance(fitness center, healthy meal choices, having a best friend at work, company events, child development center, etc) and talent-job fit.

Cons

Gallup's Talent Fit survey a part of the application process is hard, and it rejects a lot of people which may seem frustrating. Gallup is just trying to get the right people in the right jobs and it's not the right fit for everyone. The pay also isn't as competitive, but they make up for it in the other benefits of working for them.

Advice to Management

Keep to our roots, and push strengths a little more to employees. Sometimes employees in technology get a little left behind and stuck in their coding, so make more time to get them out and engaged.

6. "Awesome Tech Internship"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Gallup as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Great people
    Open, friendly culture
    Fun activities to break up the week (Gallup Olympics, free Jo On The Go coffee, Pump and Run)
    Not a huge difference between full-time and intern work
    Promotes healthy lifestyle
    Tuition reimbursement
    Recognition for good work by other employees and managers
    Housing for interns who don't live in Omaha
    Awesome manager

Cons

Salary isn't super competitive, but low housing costs and a great working environment make up for it
    Can't work overtime (as an intern)

Advice to Management

Keep pushing strengths and employee engagement. It keeps us working on what we do best which is good for us and Gallup!

"Good way to make money if you're having trouble finding employment, but horrible long-term job"

Former Employee - Telephone Interviewer in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Telephone Interviewer in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Gallup full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Make your own schedule, take a break whenever you want, really transparent exactly how to earn more in bonuses and benefits.

Cons

When it comes down to it, the managers only care about the numbers. The work itself is soul-sucking and miserable (how could it be fun to call people to do surveys for eight hours a day, ya know?) and there's no way to improve the actual work on the phones.

Advice to Management

I think Gallup is already in the midst of this process, but transfer out of telephone interviewing. Senior management also has no realistic idea of how much work it takes to meet the production levels they set.

"Good High School Job"

Current Employee - Interviewer in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Interviewer in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Gallup (More than 3 years)

Pros

This job was one of the best I had, but because of the people. Because Gallup focuses primarily on employees (they do all the work), they promote a healthy and fun environment. They match college tuition based on performance (although it's hard to achieve), and they offer tips and bonuses if you work extra hours.

Cons

You're inside all day. Sometimes it's really all about luck, no matter how great your pitch is a person will answer and hang up as soon as they hear your telephone voice. Makes it hard to attain tuition reimbursement. No room for advancement in the company at all, unless you are literally the best out of 200+ workers, thats hard to do. Overall, had a good experience but the thought of ever going back to it literally sucks the life out of me.

Advice to Management

Schedule more activities outside of work time, and offer more room for advancement.

9. "telephone interviewer"

Former Employee - Telephone Interviewer in Bellevue, NE
    Former Employee - Telephone Interviewer in Bellevue, NE

I worked at Gallup part-time

Pros

flexible hours and friendly coworkers

Cons

lack of management , management not honest

Advice to Management

be more organized and open with interviewers, you "train" them, then turn them loose with no feedback on how they're doing.

"LDC"

Current Employee - LDC in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - LDC in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Gallup full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Freedom and access to research. We pride ourselves on being "nice" to each other. The higher Education department is wonderful.

Cons

Those in management positions are lacking in leadership skills. A perfect example of a company that actually is proud of Nepotism.

Advice to Management

The level under the Clifton family needs to learn what a leader is, compared to a manager. Of course, we teach management skills, so we have great project manager managers. Good people but lack courage and ability to paint a vision of things bigger than just "landing a large contract." Our strategy of products is just a calendar of when they will be done, which, by the way, was the same as last year. We have no real plan to grow. We start and stop projects.