GameChanger Reviews | Glassdoor

GameChanger Reviews

Updated Jun 20, 2019

4.9
GameChanger VP of Engineering and VP of Operations Jason Harper and Sameer Ahuja (no image)
Jason Harper and Sameer Ahuja
  1. "Cool place to do sportstech"

I have been working at GameChanger full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Customers love the product; you feel you are impacting people's lives - People really like coming to work here - Company is working hard to figure out the next big thing in youth sports

Cons

- Growing pains after being acquired, but those are being sorted out

Advice to Management

- Keep focused on building a great culture

GameChanger2018-12-20

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at GameChanger full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Invests heavily in career advancement and employee learning - Cross-functional team structure allows for more learning and involvement outside of primary job role - Unlimited vacation (and not pressured to work more because of it) - Friendly, safe work environment - Great office

Cons

- Lack of direction/leadership from parent company

GameChanger2018-08-08
  3. "Meaningful, engaging & interesting culture as well as problems that need solving!"

I have been working at GameChanger full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Empathetic and empowering leadership team - Values productivity & problem-solving - Egoless & respectful of everyone's opinions - "Sportsy" company culture is less than you'd expect, but some interest/aptitude will help

Cons

- None that I have seen in my time. Every step taken in the history of the company is deliberate and considered. The leadership team is fanatical about team building and compelling office culture. You could not work for a better team or CEO.

GameChanger2018-02-13

"Great culture, lots of talent, and amazing people."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at GameChanger full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture and values aren't just buzz words, GameChanger pro-actively lives theirs. Management does everything they can to keep employees happy. Everyone has a voice and owns their work. Work/Life balance is on point. Invests in employee's growth and learning. Lots of company activities. Getting a new office soon =) GCU & GCTU <3 (work here and you'll find out)

Cons

If I find any I'll update this.

Advice to Management

As the company expands its workforce make sure GameChanger stays GameChanger. Inter-team communication, demo days, company outings, GCU, personal accountability, one-on-ones, accessibility to leadership, flat hierarchy, remarkable talent... These are some of the things that make working at GameChanger so special. So my advice is that we all do our best to make sure these things continue as our circle gets bigger.

GameChanger2017-09-07
  5. "Great company"

I worked at GameChanger full-time

Pros

Ted and Kiril are not only great leaders, but incredibly caring individuals as well. Both go above and beyond in terms of taking care of their employees. Culture is very energetic and fun - tons of events, some organized by the company, some not. It's also a fun product to work on/with as well.

Cons

Office space is a little tight. If you are not willing to put in the research to learn the amateur sports market, you may struggle.

GameChanger2016-06-16
  6. "Smart, motivated, friendly, passionate"

I have been working at GameChanger

Pros

Great team and culture. Very transparent, highly energized and passionate group. Great place to develop a career. Fun environment. Strong values. A great product that customers really love.

Cons

office space is getting a little tight as the company grows. Leadership knows this and is paying attention

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

GameChanger2015-12-11

"Not for everyone, but phenomenal if it is"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at GameChanger full-time for less than a year

Pros

Plenty of perks, positive and easygoing environment, incredibly intelligent and resourceful team, genuine passion for the product, ambitious, growing fast, bright future, lots of opportunities to learn.

Cons

If you're not right for the job, you may find out too late. Despite what they say in the interview, you pretty much have to be at least somewhat of a sports fan to enjoy working here. The sense of superiority can occasionally be off-putting and the start-up culture occasionally forced.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, honestly. It wasn't right for me but you're doing a lot of things very, very well.

GameChanger2015-07-11
  8. "Director of Social Media Marketing"

I have been working at GameChanger full-time

Pros

- Great people - Very smart - Gaming clients - Flexible schedule

Cons

- No many cons

GameChanger2015-06-03

"Great future, great young talent!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at GameChanger full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Very smart hires - Get to use the newest technology - No lavish spending - Computer stipend - Awesome culture - Transparent CEO, Brilliant CTO

Cons

- Lack of experienced leadership - Some general direction, but no detailed planning - Unclear if there's a lot of learning from mistakes - No room or plan for career growth

Advice to Management

- Continue the great things you're doing - Over communicate - Learn from and quickly correct any missteps - Don't over course correct - Be skeptical of trends, be yourself

GameChanger2014-07-26
  10. "Great young company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at GameChanger full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great team that comes up with superbly customer-focused solutions to in an entirely untapped amateur sports market. Employees can really make an impact and have a say in nearly every aspect of the company. New technologies, great opportunities to learn and grow. Founders really believes in the product, and it's infectious. Flexible work hours, great office environment.

Cons

Compensation and benefits are lower than larger companies in NYC can offer. Growing pains of a startup mean that there is some volatility, some late hours and weekends, but that's all part of the fun.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Onboarding process will need to be streamlined as the company continues to grow, but you guys are great at listening for feedback and continuing to incorporate it.

GameChanger2014-06-07