GameRecruiter Reviews | Glassdoor

GameRecruiter Reviews

2.4
CEO

1. "Great people to work with!"

Former Intern - Intern in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Intern - Intern in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at GameRecruiter as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The people were very helpful and great to work with. Everyone really seems to love their job and they create a great atmosphere to work in. It was a really great place to learn what employers are looking for in this industry, and what type of things you should be paying attention to when looking for jobs.

Cons

The work itself was a bit repetitive and boring at time, but it was the nature of the position. I can't speak much to the possible career advancement as I was only an intern for a few months, but it didn't seem like there was huge opportunity for growth. They are a relatively small company, so not many different opportunities.

2. "The Worst company ever"

Former Contractor - Recruiter in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Contractor - Recruiter in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at GameRecruiter as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

They are going to shut down

Cons

No pay or if you have money due you, up to 3 months to pay you., No career opportunities, working in the owner’s garage not a good working environment.

Advice to Management

SHUT DOWN

"The worst place to work in America"

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at GameRecruiter full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Finding something positive to say about this company is almost impossible. The only thing I can come up with is "some" of the staff.

Cons

The owners/management of this so-called company cannot be trusted. They spend beyond their means and arbitrarily decide when or when not to pay their employees. They wrongfully classify the recruiters as independent contractors (illegally) in order to avoid tax liabilities. The majority of the staff works on commission, and the management (owners) are notorious for spending all of the money received prior to paying the employees. I would rather be unemployed than work free. There is a lack of integrity within the company. Clients have no clue what goes on behind closed doors at GameRecruiter, and if they did, there would be multiple lawsuits. There is a reason that this company has claimed bankruptcy and re-branded on more than one occasion. These people are not to be trusted.

Advice to Management

Stop lying and start paying