GameStop Reviews in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

J. Paul Raines
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "What should i write?you all know about them"

Current Employee - Corporate Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Corporate Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at GameStop part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Console and games discounts plus working in videogames world which is my favourite one since i was a small and young child

Cons

Too high prices,only few shops,stupid offers,don t a good recruitment service or office and they don t care about the customer

Advice to Management

I don t know.more shops in the uk maybe

2. "Stayed for the people."

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Manchester, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Manchester, England (UK)

I worked at GameStop part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked at Gamestop for around six years, and I made some excellent friends whilst there. This was by far the best thing about GameStop, but it did have some other perks.

I got to talk about games with others who loved to play.
    The borrowing policy is great if you're a console owner.

Cons

I was taken on as a full-time Sales Assistant, with the aim of being trained up to manage another store when it became available. Instead, the hours were cut and I became a part-time Sales Assistant who managed the store when the managers weren't in.

There was a chronic lack of hours available as the the wage bill was at a subsistance level. This meant that the next week's hours were assigned to whoever was in the manager's good books that week. Our store was massive, and in a city center location so it was awful when we only had two people working on a Sunday.

The pay was abysmal. It's minimum wage and weekly pay. The weekly pay was a con to me, but it's probably a bonus to others.

Despite having a Game, Gamestation and Grainger Games within a five minute walk, we weren't allowed to price match. Our prices were based off the Irish costings, so we'd offer amazing trade in prices for games you could buy for £5 from a competitor, and a terrible price for newer games. This was bad for business and it was something our shoppers were quite vocal about.

Advice to Management

Treat your staff better. Yes, they may be happy to work there because they love games, but even they will become disillusioned after a while. Increase the pay, increase the hours available.

Be more competitive, and be open to feedback concerning trade in prices.

Showing 2 of 3,193 reviews