KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Gameloft Reviews

Updated Jan 14, 2022

Found 1,060 of over 1,190 reviews

3.6
Gameloft CEO Stephane Roussel (no image)
Stephane Roussel
Pros
  • "Diverse staff, safe work environment (been improving since I joined)(in 93 reviews)

• "There are a lot of great people working here(in 44 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Seems Low salary standard, maybe because the company location(in 100 reviews)

• "Relatively new studio still finding its footing(in 83 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Gameloft and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0

Hyper

Feb 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great time good pay good schedule

Cons

Insurance company for people that

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Finance department

Oct 5, 2021 - Financial Accounting Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everything is fine. Flexible work time

Cons

sometimes work overload. Old way

3. 4.0

Great workplace

Mar 3, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Has a great team of people

Cons

Honestly, the management is meh

4. 5.0

Growing in Many Ways

Jan 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are a lot of great people working here.

Cons

There can be some disconnect between management's understanding of the market and what those who actually product the games.

5. 4.0

great responsabilities

Jan 11, 2021 - Intern
      Business Outlook

Pros

great responsabilities on the intern

Cons

none none all good in the intern

6. 5.0

Joh

Aug 24, 2020 - Retail Sales Associate in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great job very cool experience

Cons

Alway tripping about the little stuff

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Prettty good

Nov 6, 2020 - Narrative Designer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Made a bunch of games

Cons

Bad producers on a lot of projects

8. 3.0
      Former Employee

Good for new college grad

Oct 4, 2020 - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

You learn to handle large codebases, work with people around the world

Cons

Lot's of overtime, tight deadlines all the time

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fantastic place with good people, gracious bosses, and improving every day

Apr 1, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love working at Gameloft. This is a company where I feel like I'm actually working with professionals who - in addition to making quality products - respect their employees, respect their time, and want to see their employees grow professionally. I have seen folks become promoted and move on up, and people are generally paid fairly. The new Executive Committee is really making some good changes and it's benefiting everyone. They actually listen to their hired professionals and make decisions based on their team's expertise. It's great. I feel empowered as a professional and feel like I'm making an impact on the company. Also, as a f2p publisher, pay attention to Gameloft, for they are really trying to reinvent the monetization model that sours a lot of consumers. It still has a way to go, but I'm proud to be at a company that aims to better respect their consumers and employees alike. Maybe it's a French thing, but compared to work culture in other markets it's a breath of fresh air and not stifling at all. I like it here very much.

Cons

Growth does seem to be mostly focused in Europe, and in Paris particularly. Salary could always be higher, but they are better than many others in this gaming vertical. Sometimes decisions are made in HQ that doesn't match other market's needs, but this really hasn't been a huge issue.

Continue reading
      2 people found this review helpful
    10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great people, with a lot of room for creativity

Jul 14, 2014 - 3D Animator in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I came into the New York studio in 2013 with the hopes that it'd be a decent place to be at. I was blown away on how friendly and committed these guys are. The art team is one of the most talented set of people you can find in NYC. You can't argue about the art quality on the games that Gameloft produces. Not many places in NYC go after that type of quality in a mobile game. I came in to animate and was given a lot of creative freedom on my shots. There's no micro managing. You are trusted to deliver and do a good job. I was taken in as one of the team since very early. I made some real valuable friendships here. If you get to be hired here as an artist, you will have a great time. Also the guys at HR and management work really hard to make the place be very enjoyable with tons of extra perks. Oh, and there's breakfast every day!

Cons

The cons that I see don't come necessary from the NYC team but from HQ in Paris. I feel that the games suffer from delays due to the conflicting ideas that come from HQ. However there is a ton of money at stake and I can imagine why HQ is so careful

Continue reading
      4 people found this review helpful
    Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,060 Reviews

Gameloft Reviews FAQs

Gameloft has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 1,190 reviews left anonymously by employees. 69% of employees would recommend working at Gameloft to a friend and 52% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Gameloft employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Gameloft. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

69% of Gameloft employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Gameloft 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Gameloft to be benefits, workplace, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, career development, management.

Popular Careers with Gameloft Job Seekers