Ganz Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Howard Ganz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Product line is extensive and diverse (in 6 reviews)

• Great people to work for, great support (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • I have been cleaning up messes from 2 sales reps ago (in 5 reviews)

• Then you add oil changes every month or two and just car and tire wear and tear and you are GIVING YOUR OWN INVESTMENT OF YOUR CAR TO GANZ (in 3 reviews)

1. "Take a pass on this place"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Ganz full-time

Pros

Great coworkers
    Ok with family time

Cons

Illogical and disorganized management
    Family business with less than fantastic business sense

Advice to Management

Stop trying to relive the glory days

2. "Dream Job"

Current Employee - Graphic Production Artist in Van Nuys, CA
    Current Employee - Graphic Production Artist in Van Nuys, CA

I have been working at Ganz full-time

Pros

I am doing what I love, which makes the days end faster than I'd like. Everyday brings a new challenge and opportunity for me to learn more. I love my co-workers and everyone is so very helpful. It might sound corny but I love my job! Every aspect of it!

Cons

No cons for this job.

"This manufacturer is a nightmare."

Former Employee - Territory Manager in Saint George, UT
    Former Employee - Territory Manager in Saint George, UT

I worked at Ganz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Met some great buyers and the other reps were nice. Product was so so. Showrooms are done well and the displays look great.

Cons

Nothing ships! There is this unbelievable amount of backorders and customers can and do receive items month and seasons after they ordered them. Customer service is a joke. Nothing is ever resolved. It gets sent to the "DM" and then you're told to deal with it. I have been cleaning up messes from 2 sales reps ago.

Advice to Management

I have NEVER had a buyer tell me that they would not work me or the manufacturer I was selling. It's happened 3 times at Ganz! Get a grip on your business. The only thing you have to sell is service. Too many managers and too many conflicting ideas. No service for the customers.

4. "Territory Manager"

I worked at Ganz full-time

Pros

Innovative products at competitive prices.

Cons

Micro managing of territory managers

Advice to Management

Don't micromanage more experienced managers. If the numbers are there weekly or monthly, let them do their job.

5. "Sales Representative"

I have been working at Ganz full-time

Pros

A wide range of products to sell. And constantly changing line of new products.

Cons

Commission is based on shipments. Many times products are on backorder or never ship.

Advice to Management

Look at territories and make compensation based on the potential in that area. Making sales goals the same across the board is unfair. Reps in California have a better chance of hitting goals than someone in a small town in Mississippi.

6. "Inside sales"

Pros

There are no pros. It's all a scam at first. Looks better than it seems from the outside.

Cons

Management will let you go with no warning and make up excuses for why you aren't working. No goals set. Commission is only one percent. No help from manager who has only been with company for a year and a half. Training and guidance is a joke. Corporate is in the same building but gives no help or answers. Terrible company and turnover. Keep looking for a job don't fall for this cheap company who doesn't care about its employees.

Advice to Management

Get a new manager who knows what they are doing. Set some actual goals and rules so the employees know what they're doing. Manager has no communication or people skills.

"Keep looking elsewhere, the turnover is REAL here."

I worked at Ganz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The accounts are the one reason to want this job, some very nice people trying to survive in the retail business.

Cons

All this company cares about is making money, they have zero regard for their reps. UNPROTECTED TERRITORIES. My manager had all the top accounts in my territory, how can you expect to make quotas and any money when your own boss is selling the same product within my territory, this really angers customers when they want exclusive protection and it isnt even you selling to their competition but "your boss." You will never sell enough to keep management off your back, and orders NEVER ship out complete so you get totally screwed out of commissions. If you enjoy cold calling everyday, setting 3 (2hr long) appointments per day and doing paper work till 9 or 10 pm nightly then this is the job for you. RUN away now.

Advice to Management

Help train your staff begining with customer service. Be honest about what accounts you as the manager have within a new reps territory. Dont put so much stress on staff that you MUST place orders daily and stop micromanaging.

"Territory sales rep"

Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative

I worked at Ganz (More than a year)

Pros

THERE ARE NO PROS...this is the worst company to work for due to the management team. They have no clue how to manage..

Cons

Cheap product, terrible managers, this company is the worst gift line to work for..my adcixe is to look elsewhere there are great companies in this industry to work for, this is at the bottom of the barrel

Advice to Management

Go get training! Beaing a long term rep does not qualify you to be a manager and my managers lacked Leadership skills

"Former Employee"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Murfreesboro, TN
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Murfreesboro, TN

I worked at Ganz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great customers and sales representatives. Atlanta Showroom managers were helpful. Not much I can say good about this company. Your shows and parking is covered during Atlanta shows.

Cons

Poor Management, poor pay, poor shipping and poor technical support. The owner is clueless. Product is cheap! Please look elsewhere for employment. You will thank me.

Advice to Management

Management knows. They are controlled by an unreasonable owner that is only there because the company was handed to him.

"Territory manager"

Former Employee - Territory Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Territory Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Ganz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Your customers become your friends if you treat them right. Freedom. Great job for soccer mom, wife who just needs to get out of the house, or first job out of college. Get the right territory and you can go to the beach after 2 appointments :)

Cons

Managers Micromanaging appointment calendars, wear and tear on vehicle, paying for samples after 2 years, management does not care about retaining talent. If you're a true sales person, after a couple months you will see you really can't make that much money here.

Advice to Management

You can't retain top sales talent with 30k base and 5% commission with a rolling draw "hurdle". Focus on hiring moms who need something to do during the day and don't truly need the money.