Gap International Reviews

Updated Jan 27, 2020

4.1
Gap International CEO Pontish Yeramyan (no image)
Pontish Yeramyan
Pros
  • "You get to work with very caring, hardworking people that are all about making a difference in the world(in 17 reviews)

• "There is a lot of opportunity to travel and meet with clients(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Opportunities for growth abound"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Gap International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The environment that has been created within Gap, is one that allows people to grow in ways that they may have never before imagined. While here, I've consistently uncovered the next stage of who I am for the company, myself and our clients. I've come to appreciate the entrepreneurial spirit that exists here at Gap. I've been consistently asked to bring all ideas forward and recognize that my opinions and expertise is valued. If you're someone who is looking for new opportunities to tap into areas to push yourself and the people you work with into areas beyond what you thought possible then Gap International would be a welcome environment for you.

Cons

This may not be a place for people that are not willing to share their experiences with others and be willing to look at themselves at who they me be for themselves and others.

2. "Some where to grow"

4.0
    Current Employee - Air Traffic Control Specialist in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Gap International full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a place where you can grow, but it requires dedication and patience's.

Cons

Not much flexibility, lots of traveling.

3. "A special place"

I have been working at Gap International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

You get to work with very caring, hardworking people that are all about making a difference in the world. Our unique consulting approach brings about authentic change with our clients that they thank us for years later for not only giving them their desired results but for having changed their lives—very fulfilling. You travel all over the world and work with clients at the most senior level of an organization. There is constant opportunity for personal and professional growth and development in an environment that is all about having everyone succeed and be at their best.

Cons

If you aren’t all about making a difference with and working closely with people, or you don’t like to travel, or you are more comfortable in a predictable environment then this isn’t the place for you.

4. "Not for everyone"

2.0

I have been working at Gap International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nice building - nice co-workers

Cons

Long hours including weekends. Conference calls several times a week in the evenings and/or Saturdays or Sundays. Senior management are senior citizens out of touch with the business world. Too many people who are family members - around 70% of the employees have a spouse, son or daughter, relative, working there

Continue reading
  5. "Amazing place to work - but you have to have a true growth mindset"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Springfield, PA

I worked at Gap International full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

- A company that is authentically dedicated to their purpose - Opportunities to shape the direction of the company - when you have a company of Gap's size, your voice can be heard if you want it to be - Amazing leadership and personal development opportunities that you can't get most other places - I had opportunities to work with and learn from senior leaders very early in my career - People genuinely care about one another

Cons

- Not a 9-5 - There is definitely a "pro" to this, but you have to be willing to take regular feedback/criticism, even on seemingly little things - Don't know if it's still the case, but associates who weren't a good fit for the unique culture could easily become a distraction and hurt morale - you want people who feel they can connect to the mission and are transparent about complaints

Continue reading
  6. "Extraordinary Growth Requires Extraordinary People"

Current Employee - Management Consultant

I have been working at Gap International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been with Gap for a number of years, I have had the opportunity to work with and within many companies and study different company cultures. One of the things that I have always liked, but over time have become thankful for and learned to truly value of, is the "team" culture at Gap. Everyone in the company authentically wants everyone to succeed here. I think that is rare to find anywhere in life, but it is particularly rare to find in business. In this environment you do not have to fight your way to the top, you do not have to step on people to succeed. Everyone's job is not only to win on an individual level but to have everyone win around them. Everything in the company is designed consistent with that principle, from how we are incentivized, structured, promoted, etc. It is a culture where people can be supported and supportive, with peers and leaders. If you read about Gap's work with companies you will see a lot about delivering extraordinary results, pushing limits, pushing expectations, aligning teams, focusing on outcomes, etc. These are all woven in to how the company operates day to day. It creates a challenging environment and requires thinking and rethinking things versus following process. The art of always leading and aligning people to ensure quality and deliver results can be both very rewarding and taxing at times. It is authentic to our breakthrough consulting work that we operate this way, but there are some days I think it would just be easier to just follow and execute proven processes day to day and not have to lead so much. Day to day there are is a pull to want to operate in an ordinary way vs extraordinary way, but operating that way is not a match for the standards here. Signing up to work here means that you are committed to delivering extraordinary results and having your clients deliver extraordinary results which requires a level of demand of yourself and others. The type of consulting and coaching Gap does has leaders and executives see new and different perspectives to change trajectory and lead organizations differently. To be able to consult at Gap effectively, you have to consistently develop yourself. You have to deal with your personal strengths and weaknesses, and you have to challenge your own leadership growth consistently. The ability to be extremely self-aware and the agility to change your own perspective are necessary capabilities, without them you cannot be an effective consultant. Building these capabilities sounds nice in theory but actually takes personal strength, fortitude and humility to do it successfully and not everyone is interested in that level of development. I am interested in that type of growth so I see it as a big reason for why I have thrived and love working at Gap, but if someone is not interested in that level of introspection and growth, the demand of it at Gap and the constant requirement of it could drive you crazy. A lot of the clients are international which gives us a big footprint in the world to make a difference. I love working with different companies, in different industries and different cultures. But international clients require working and traveling internationally, that means weekend travel when needed and video conferences early morning or in the evening when needed. It is a lifestyle to figure out. The company is supportive and there are opportunities to work with people to figure out how to make schedules/work loads/personal life, etc. all work for you. This openness and support to work things through is also something that is very valuable and a big asset of Gap's.

Cons

There are always pros and cons to everything. It is all mentioned above

"Gap International"

I have been working at Gap International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Gap International’s work is timeless. Regardless of a company’s industry sector, their advances in technology or the global economic environment, performance will always be determined by the degree in which their leaders can lead people to deliver great results. Gap International’s work in this area is unmatched as its methodology continues to prove that any individual or organization can take performance to unexpected levels. Internally, the company environment is one where people have real conversations. Dynamics in relationships get worked out to the satisfaction of all parties. And people are out to perform, though never doing so at another’s expense. Whether it is employees, family members, or clients; the company truly cares about people, their success and their well-being. This commitment starts at the top with the CEO and the senior leaders and is evident in every policy and structure that is established within the company.

Cons

A challenge of being a company that consults other companies on breakthrough performance is that we constantly need to engage in breakthroughs ourselves. While this can be exhilarating, it can also lead to frustration when it appears that more emphasis is being placed on creating new approaches than on perfecting existing ones. This can result in people being unsure about what success in their role looks like and feeling like things that are relatively easy are being over-complicated. While having a transparent environment may be refreshing to some, it takes a significant amount time and work to maintain. Meetings can take longer than necessary and can leave people challenged to identify what was accomplished. As with any international consultancy, client engagements can be demanding in terms of time and travel requirements yet are equally rewarding through the global experience and potential client impact one can have.

Continue reading

"Unique place - Fulfilling work"

I have been working at Gap International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I get really fulfillment out of our work with clients - making a difference with individuals and being able to see the impact on them and the organization around them. We also hold many roles within the company, so I've had the opportunity to build my leadership and skills in a variety of areas.

Cons

Because we wear so many hats, I sometimes have the experience of being spread too thin. The company is also feeling some growing pains as we establish the necessary structures and processes to support our future growth.

"Associate"

I worked at Gap International full-time

Pros

Hours are reasonable, office is nice, people are overall nice

Cons

Big gap between senior team and associates.

"The real deal"

I have been working at Gap International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I joined Gap International directly out of my MBA program for two simple reasons: I wanted to be part of building an exceptional business that was up to something big and I wanted to work with clients to make a real, tangible difference. Since my decision, I have been with the company for over a decade and have continued to expand my business chops in many ways. Internally, I have been elevated to lead many critical areas of our business. Externally, I have consulted with senior executives in dozens of countries around the world. We have had our share of ups and downs, and always stayed true to our vision and values. This company is the real deal.

Cons

As a mid-sized consultancy, the focus is generally on building strong consulting strength. The unintended consequence can be that underlying business process can become secondary. This can be a struggle to build both consulting and operational excellence at the same time, creating challenges in the environment.

Found 124 reviews