What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Such great people to work with and constantly being challenged by the incoming trend change and styles!" (in 571 reviews)
- "Flexible hours and the store I worked at had high volume so hours were always available." (in 357 reviews)
- "Benefits are great; you can build and mold your team; I enjoy the environment and the people I work with" (in 322 reviews)
- "My coworkers were great and the job itself was pretty relaxed for the most part." (in 270 reviews)
- "flexible schedules good for students" (in 174 reviews)
- "bad management and not flexible" (in 417 reviews)
- "The pay was low but hey it was a job right out of High School so I learned alot" (in 402 reviews)
- "Store managers have a lot of expectations so my job was to support them as much as possible." (in 309 reviews)
- "No training of the reports and everything you learn everything has to be self taught." (in 102 reviews)
- "upper management and HR have their own agenda" (in 83 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Gap and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 8,760 of over 9K reviews
Updated Oct 2, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What company or companies need a marketing makeover and why? I specifically think of Gap hoping that Mattel’s former president becoming their new CEO would help resurrect Gap like Mattel was post Barbie movie. I also wonder if the two companies partnering together in I believe April helped speed up the career switch for the former Mattel exec as he left in July right after the movie came out. Interested in what everyone else thinks.
Anyone here have experience with Gap Inc. and can tell me what the culture, W/L balance and pay is like? Im in my first year as a consultant at ACN and Gap is reaching out about a newly created role as strategy manager for transformation change. Curious if it’s with investigating more and I don’t have any prior knowledge of Gap.
Does anyone work in Amazon Fashion, Neiman Marcus Group, Deckers, or Gap Inc. Gap/Banana Republic Corporate that can talk to Marketing roles and referrals? I have an undergrad in fashion, early career in retail and retail management. Been at a non fashion corporate marketing role now for over 9 years but saw several opportunities at those companies in brand marketing and strategy roles... which matches my experience in marketing. I would love. Wondering if anyone at those companies could talk?
Gap Reviews FAQs
Gap has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 9,246 reviews left anonymously by employees. 66% of employees would recommend working at Gap to a friend and 46% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
66% of Gap employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Gap 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.