Gap Employee Reviews about "gap cards"

Updated Nov 8, 2021

Found 303 of over 8,130 reviews

3.8
Gap CEO Mark Breitbard
Mark Breitbard

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Such great people to work with and constantly being challenged by the incoming trend change and styles!(in 520 reviews)
  • "Benefits are great; you can build and mold your team; I enjoy the environment and the people I work with(in 297 reviews)
  • "My coworkers were great and the job itself was pretty relaxed for the most part.(in 230 reviews)
  • "flexible schedules good for students(in 156 reviews)
  • "Good work environment and ethics(in 138 reviews)
Cons
  • "Bad management and lack of support from HO(in 372 reviews)
  • "The pay was low but hey it was a job right out of High School so I learned alot(in 351 reviews)
  • "Long hours: a lot of hiring during peak which made the facility a little over crowded.(in 313 reviews)
  • "Store managers have a lot of expectations so my job was to support them as much as possible.(in 289 reviews)
  • "upper management and HR have their own agenda(in 87 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Gap and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "gap cards"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Sales Associate

Aug 12, 2021 - Sales Associate in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company with great benefits. Really flexible for a part time high school or college student.

Cons

High expectations for loyalty and gap cards. Limited hours available for work.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good Starter Job

Nov 8, 2021 - Sales Associate in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours Nice coworkers Great Customers

Cons

Little space/ no break room No commission for getting someone to open a Gap Card Cuts hours when they do not reach their sales goal

Continue reading
  3. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Love it!

Aug 12, 2021 - Sales Associate/Key Holder
    Business Outlook

Pros

50% off at Gap, Banana Republic, Athleta, and Old Navy! You also can use it at the outlet stores. Fun when you have great customers and co-workers. Also fun to get to try on clothes before anyone else does!

Cons

It sucks that your performance is strictly based on the amount of credit card applications you get people to sign up for. Doesn't even matter if you make the best sales or have the best customer service. Some of the worst co-workers I had the most gap cards. It was annoying.

Continue reading
  4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

I am just doing this so I have access to glass-door. But I actually worked at Gap

Sep 30, 2021 - Retail Sales Associate in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Can't think of any at the moment

Cons

My manager refused to grant me my sick time I had when I had the flu. Signing customers up with Gap cards is frustrating