Garage Keyholder Reviews | Glassdoor

Andrew Lufty
  1. "Love this company!"

Current Employee - Keyholder

I have been working at Garage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team, good pay, even better discount

Cons

Since the company is still growing in the US, it can be a little disorganized. Districts are constantly changing and so your supervisors are changing with them.

Garage2015-08-06
  2. "No support from manager"

Former Employee - Keyholder in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Garage full-time

Pros

Clothing discount Uniform program Paid holidays

Cons

Not much of an incentive for retaining customer loyalty Standards set to the extreme Sales being stolen/taken Lack of supportive management Unrealistic store goals

Garage2018-03-01
  3. "Keyholder"

Current Employee - Keyholder in Manchester, CT

I have been working at Garage

Pros

50% off discount, fun coworkers, easy shifts, decent pay, good benefits

Cons

Head office assigns too many extra tasks on store manager which then falls down onto everyone else, cheap clothes that tear easily, too much pressure on sales associates

Advice to Management

Too much extra assignments

Garage2016-10-06

"Don't get into management here"

Current Employee - Keyholder

I have been working at Garage full-time for more than a year

Pros

The discount and the compensation if you ask for it and actually get it

Cons

everything. upper managers are full of themselves and super stuck up. I have had 7 visits from them since I started in august and have NEVER had them actually care about anything anyone has had to say other than the store manager. they don't even take the time to acknowledge us, instead they blow into our store, run into the back room, complain about how a pt didn't know who they were, or that we happened to be behind...

Advice to Management

Be encouraging to everyone on your team. It doesn't matter if they are part timers or managers. You never know what they do on a day to day bases for the store, and discouraging every thing we do is why you have internal theft and employee turnover.

Garage2016-03-16
  5. "STAY FAR AWAY"

Former Employee - Keyholder in Nashville, TN

I worked at Garage part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The good discount on clothing

Cons

Drama infested Horrible micromanagement Most stressful minimum wage job you'll ever have Favoritism which allows certain employees to get away with a lot Managers assume black and Mexican customers will attempt to steal Having to watch customers to ensure nobody steals No efficient LP measures taken place

Advice to Management

Train employees Be more professional Try to solve issues instead of blaming them on employee that brings up issue Just learn how to manage

Garage2015-09-30
  6. "KeyHolder"

Former Employee - Keyholder in Miami, FL

I worked at Garage full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Promote within, lots of opportunities to grow if retail is your goal, will learn basics of running a business

Cons

Way too many hours, hours not paid at time, management

Garage2014-10-18

"Great Compnay"

Current Employee - Keyholder in Houston, TX

I have been working at Garage full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great benefits, opportunity to move up in the company. Great bonuses for different quarterly requirements. Fun working environment. Retail is retail but there is always something to do when you work at garage. I really enjoyed my time there that i spent working.

Cons

District managers lack integrity. They will do almost anything to make sure they get the employees they want.. I loved working for garage and there were a lot of great benefits but the management team is undesirable. When i just had to do my job and not everyone elses I loved what I did. The managers are very cut throat you must have thick skin to deal with the.

Advice to Management

If you decide to work at garage make sure you make upper management love you. If you want to keep your job you have to kiss ass. I saw multiple managers get fired because they werent favored over other managers.

Garage2013-09-15

"Poor advancement opportunity"

Current Employee - Full Time Keyholder

I have been working at Garage full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Depending on management, this place can have great training and recognition for sales associates. Great discount at 50%.

Cons

A lot is expected of management staff with only yearly raises based on performance, and they seem to want to do anything to avoid giving you a raise.

Advice to Management

It's been a trend for this company to not prioritize inside opportunities for advancement. Several managers in my district have left because there's little investment in their growth, and I personally have had to wait over a year for my promotion to keyholdrr, when I was told I was ready for it, and now I've been waiting over a year for another promotion in the same situation.

Garage2018-03-06
  9. "Part-Time Key Holder"

Former Employee - Keyholder in Ottawa, ON

I worked at Garage part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

great work environment, fast-paced, close-knit team, development opportunities

Cons

management was not understanding, too many tasks to do at hand, impossible to get tasks done before timelines

Garage2017-12-20
  10. "Best Job I've Had"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Keyholder in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Garage part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

-More than minimum wage -Staff -The regular customers are amazing -50% discount -chances to move up in the company -lots of in-store contests -recognition for your achievements (red carpet/50$) -150$ gift card for referring someone -Management (in my district at least) are very friendly -really good coaching, you learn cool new ways to do the things you normally do but with little tweaks you do better -always...

Cons

-morning shifts are unfair goals because its typically dead in the morning -some girls don't like when others get promoted especially when its someone who has worked there for a shorter time (but that shouldn't matter because its based on your ability to be a leader and retain information)

Advice to Management

you're doing good, maybe just take a day to chill with the employees and actually get to know them cause some ladies might have anxiety that you don't know about and it could help you coach them better.

Garage2017-07-05