GardaWorld Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
GardaWorld Founding President and Chief Executive Officer Stéphan D. Crétier
Stéphan D. Crétier

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The pay is decent but not worth what we go through (see cons) (in 16 reviews)

• Good pay, good people, state of the art building (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, need to be available 24/7 (in 25 reviews)

• Poor management structure and empty promises (in 20 reviews)

1. "Entire Facade"

Current Employee - Driver/Messenger/ATM Tech in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Driver/Messenger/ATM Tech in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at GardaWorld full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

None. Just use this place as a stepping stone to something better.

Cons

As an employee that prides myself on keeping my uniform neat and clean, my truck clean and organized. And taking the initiative and showing up on time. This company is a joke.
    -Managers treat hard working employees the same as the slackers. They don’t appreciate hard work.
    -Call outs are an every other day occurrence. That means other people have to pick up that work.
    -Managers harass you for doing your job and accuse you of milking the clock.
    -Managers are two faced and play favorites.
    -Managers don't train employees very well. And they get mad when something goes wrong.
    -Managers don't give you everything to do the job and get mad when its not done.
    -They steal your PTO, and don’t give raises as scheduled in the associate handbook.
    -Trucks are poorly maintained. One caught on fire while driving down the road.
    -No room for growth. Garda is just a dead end job.

Advice to Management

Resign so someone more qualified can take your job.

2. "They don't appreciate their employees nobody ever knows what's going on"

Current Employee - Vault Teller in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Vault Teller in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at GardaWorld full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good coluges
    Fresh air
    Its a paycheck
    New break room
    Fresh coffee
    Its hard to find pros

Cons

The management is horrible there's a crazy smell coming out of the bathroom that no one cares to fix. I've mentioned it several times over my past 7 years here as an employee.
    You know letting bad workers walk off the job and come back at your leisure is very unprofessional. They constantly cater to employees who are hardly working while many good workers are being laid off.
    They don't give good raises to people who deserve them

Advice to Management

Learn how to look after your people learn how to be a leader like being a leader is more than just putting a strike on your shoulder communicate with the employees
     some of the women were treated unfairly. So much chaos going on!

"Wrong people managing the company"

Former Employee - Driver/Messenger in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Driver/Messenger in Richardson, TX

I worked at GardaWorld full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Plenty of hours and good coworkers

Cons

Management can't get things straight

Advice to Management

It can be a good company to work for but they need to hire the right people to manage the company. In the time I was there I went through 3 different branch managers. Supervisors are a joke, they never answer the phone when you need help and always change the schedule everyday. The weekend supervisors show favoritism for certain people. If they don't like you they will put you on the longest route and will find or make up an excuse to write you up. One of the weekend supervisor always looks like he's high on crack or something, to be honest I don't understand how they market the company as a world class company and they have a drug addict as a supervisor. It could be a good company with the right people on management.

"preboard screener"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, TX

I have been working at GardaWorld part-time (More than a year)

Pros

able to shift trade easily
    decent wage

Cons

upper management is on a power trip
    some of the screening officers don't have your back
    alot of fake tests go through
    performance managers are idiots
    very un professional from HR and hire management
    you always are looking over your shoulder because someone is always watching

Advice to Management

checkpoint managers do a pretty good job, favoritism really needs to stop.
    for the hire management; stop being desensitized and respect the screening officers

"Any positive review is a lie"

Former Employee - Cash Vault Services
    Former Employee - Cash Vault Services

I worked at GardaWorld full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Most of your co workers are great people

Cons

The pay is barely a livable wage. Garda does not believe in raises. You will not be able to afford the benefits. Management and HR don’t care about you at all. Be aware that anyone leaving good reviews that discuss good pay are either lying or think $11.50 an your is decent pay for an incredibly tough job. Turnover is very high. Anyone that isn’t desperate leaves

Advice to Management

They won’t take any. They don’t pay vendors or give people safe working equipment or a safe environment.

6. "Teller"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Folcroft, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Folcroft, PA

I have been working at GardaWorld full-time

Pros

None at all company is going down hill

Cons

Have yourself the time and energy and apply elsewhere

Advice to Management

I didn’t want to believe some of the comments I read here before apply but I must say it’s truth to these comments so don’t take them lightly. I applied with Garda a little over a month ago. Management seems to have no structure. I applied thinking this would be the best thing that happen to me “Garda” well it turn around to be my worst nightmare. Can’t reach management or hr and I mean I’ve made sweveral attempts and no luck. So this is where I panic I get hired was suppose to start but Still no start date or call from Manager after leaving voice mails emails etc no I’m unemployed cause I left my other gig for Garda . It’s major work that need to be from mangenment down Professionalism is something u won’t get here .. so save yourself the time and headache and trip to the unemployment office.

"Cash Vault Services is a job if you need to work."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I worked at GardaWorld full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no pros to working at GardaWorld.

Cons

The absolute worst company to work for. They give you unrealistic expectations as far as processing money. You have to work overtime or else rush to get the work done by end of business everyday because they don't want to pay you overtime. If an employee is hurt on the job then either they are immediately fired or in due time they will be let go. You have to look for yourself working here. The turnover is huge. Best advice do not apply here or to any other Cash Vault companies.

Advice to Management

Starting at the top, get better management. Starting with the top managers and filtering down. Next, those managers need to be trained properly on how the process goes in regards to processing cash and coin. The work environment is unbearable because management shifts blame to the employees and then does not take into consideration if an employee is hurt.

8. "Csr"

I have been working at GardaWorld full-time

Pros

Hours worked is consistent in yhis branch

Cons

It's based on how you view the company as a whole.

9. "It Pays the Bills"

Current Employee - Driver/Messenger in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Driver/Messenger in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at GardaWorld full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The starting pay and raises are good enough to keep you around, although being contractual it seems to very branch to branch, city to city. Multiple positions that you can change to to keep things interesting.

Cons

No room for promotion. Minimal supervisor or manager positions per branch. Everyone is out for themselves. Most people in a branch learn to back stab or throw you under the bus. Pay is good enough to keep you but not good enough for you to want to be here. HR and payroll have two different agendas and neither of them care about you. You work under contract, like a union, but they only seem to uphold the stuff that benefits the company, not you. Long hours, but threaten to fire you or write you up if you call out or have an emergency, even people who are always on time and never call out. No set hours only start times, done when you are finished with your route or when they let you go home. Childish employees. No communication with employees from supervisors or managers. Not maintained equipment. Poor, damaged, or falling apart trucks held together with barcode stickers, none of which will meet D.o.T. standards. I could keep going....

Advice to Management

Pay your bills, then the forklifts wont get repo'd, the phones shut off, or gas cards cancelled. Communicate with your employees and routes might be more efficient, and customers wouldn't threaten leaving. Understand your employees have families and other stuff outside of work that is beyond their control, circumstances that prevent them from coming to work, dont threaten termination or corrective actions on occurrences less than aloud year or contractually. Don't force people to be "on call". Fix the trucks and equipment so time and payroll aren't wasted waiting on mechanics or getting new batteries or scanners.

10. "Contract Admin"

Current Employee - Contract Administrator in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Contract Administrator in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at GardaWorld full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You can gain the work experiences and move on the a company where you can put it to use.

Cons

Management is running the company into the ground.

Advice to Management

There is no advancement it all about how much kissing you willing to do.