GardaWorld Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
GardaWorld Founding President and Chief Executive Officer Stéphan D. Crétier
Stéphan D. Crétier

Pros
  • Good pay, good people, state of the art building (in 17 reviews)

• I worked with good people and had a great account director (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours and no set end schedule (in 22 reviews)

• Rampant favoritism based on friendship or being related to managers No training managers idea of support is screamin at you Gossip about emlployees (in 17 reviews)

"Very negative experience all around."

Current Employee - Driver in Odessa, TX
    Current Employee - Driver in Odessa, TX

I have been working at GardaWorld full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have no pros for working at the Odessa, TX branch.

Cons

Very poor management, unorganized, we don't get our schedule until the work week starts. The week starts on Monday & I receive my schedule around 9-10 pm on Sunday. I have received schedule changes through the week at 1 am & 4 am by text on more than one occasion. I regularly show up on time & wait 30 minutes to an hour for management to show up. TERRIBLE PLACE TO WORK!

Advice to Management

They just need new management at the Odessa TX branch.

"Very depressing"

Former Employee - Cash Processing Teller I in West Hempstead, NY
    Former Employee - Cash Processing Teller I in West Hempstead, NY

I worked at GardaWorld full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you want to work extra hours to see a little extra money on your paycheck then they have no problem letting you do so.

Cons

I worked for this company for 2 months and I felt it was worst than working for McDonalds. I worked in the West Hempstead location and was taken advantage of. On my first day I was given a set schedule and management never followed that schedule, which to me it didn't made any sense to why would they create a schedule in the first place. I was always leaving 2-3 hours after my scheduled time to leave. I was also told that I would be bumped to Cash Processing Teller 2 based on my previous experience working in banks and also working as a Supervisor at other banks. The manager basically lied. The manager told me that I would have to wait until after my probation like everyone else. There are also clicks and rude people who don't say good morning to you. Some of the supervisors also passed by me at least 20 times for the day without saying anything to me. There was a girl who literally cried because she did not want to work on a certain machine. One of the supervisors basically let this girl worked what ever machine she wanted to work on and slipped one of her working bins in my cubicle without me looking for me to process. Each of these bins takes anywhere between 1-1.5 hours to work with. At that time I was already about 3 hours passed my time to leave for the day. Ofcourse I did not process the bin. There were times where I would buzz a supervisor to come to my cubicle to give me an override and no one showed up until 30 min later. I was also placed at stations where the buzzer was not working and I would be sitting there pressing the buzzer not knowing that it's not working. Everyday coming into work I felt very uncomfortable and taken advantage of. Plenty of days I did not want to come into work. I decided to speak to management about transferring the the Long Island City location and my request was denied. This job should be for people who can't find a job elsewhere because they lack necessary skills. I definitely short changed myself by working for this company. What a waste of my time.

Advice to Management

My advice to management-If you want to retain your employees, stop taking advantage of them and be honest with them before they get their foot in the door so that they know what they are getting themselves into.

"Run in the other way unless you like to work for less and be treated like a pyramid builder."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

I worked at GardaWorld full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Nothing about this company except you receive your pay every two weeks and their vendors are skipped. So some insurance employees are being paid.

Cons

Middle and upper management are totally ignorant of how operation works. Quick to blame all issues on others and then deny if confronted. Poor working conditions. Buildings are in poor shape and unsanitary and unsafe. Equipment always breaking. Company will hold supply orders up and you have to scrounge around or borrow from another location. Revolving door of managers. They state they have professional training. Not true, you learn as you go along and find your way through things and are held accountable for that. Poor company that makes same promises to employees every year and never comes through. Owes employees back pay too. Work life balance is a joke with the threat of being fired if you don't work more than 14 plus hours. Would minus stars on them if you could.

Advice to Management

Quit hiding behind your desks and hold yourselves accountable. Most employees at branch and terminal levels know what they are doing and stop treating them like pee--ons.

5. "Bad"

Current Employee - Driver/Messenger in Needham, MA
    Current Employee - Driver/Messenger in Needham, MA

I have been working at GardaWorld full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of hours if you have no life.

Cons

Management is a joke. Will do anything to save their own skin. Be prepared to work 12+ hours and if you make even the slightest mistake prepare for them to remember it for months. Lots of stress for not enough pay.

Advice to Management

Understand mistakes happen and give your employees chances to explain themselves instead of writing them up multiple times for the same incident.

"Very poor company at Fairfield"

Former Employee - Armored Driver/Guard in Fairfield, NJ
    Former Employee - Armored Driver/Guard in Fairfield, NJ

I worked at GardaWorld part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the people are cool to work with

Cons

Gotta be a brown nose to move up and get place and also a lot of preference to those within dispatch and management in other words if they like u lot of doors open

Advice to Management

Advice to the owner Fairfield branch needs to get rid of current managers at Fairfield and get new faces in there asap during company meetings everything looks good but a lot goes behind closed doors trust me

7. "avoid"

Former Contractor - Associate in Arlington, VA
    Former Contractor - Associate in Arlington, VA

I worked at GardaWorld as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Co workers, all veterans, brotherhood. Compensation (pay)

Cons

Long hours, disorganized, low morale, easily replaced for no reason, promises never kept, not being paid on time, sometimes a month and a half without being paid. OK I can go on and on. Stay away

Advice to Management

Listen and stand behind your employees. Look out for their best interest. Sometimes it's not all about the money but all about the people how make you the money.

"Driver/messenger"

Former Employee - Driver/Messenger in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Driver/Messenger in Richardson, TX

I worked at GardaWorld full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

coworkers we're awesome and had a school route I loved

Cons

Bad supervisors... Bad trucks....favoritism....no overtime till after50 hours....I don't recommend anyone to work here

Advice to Management

None

"Run away as fast as you can! Seriously!"

Current Employee - Management in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Management in Chicago, IL

I have been working at GardaWorld full-time

Pros

Easy to get hired. Heck...you don't even need a valid drivers license to be behind the wheel of one of these armored trucks. Garda will let you drive anyways!

Cons

Everything. The absolute worst employer. Trucks are a nightmare, management and above lives in a constant state of dillusion, EVERYTHING IS NOT OK....STOP PRETENDING LIKE IT IS.

Advice to Management

Come to terms with reality. Brinks or Loomis needs to take over, gut management, and absorb the business. This is a lost cause business.

"Only work here if you have no life"

Former Employee - Cash Vault Teller in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Cash Vault Teller in Tempe, AZ

Pros

Plenty of work, always hiring as they have high turnover.

Cons

Often working long days, you don't leave until the work is done. This company will not pay overtime. If you are going to start going into overtime and they need you to work later, be prepared to take extended lunches to ensure you do not get paid overtime. If you miss a day of work because you are sick, be prepared to make up that time later in the week by staying longer. Short staffed all the time, not a good place to work if you have kids or things to do outside of work.

Advice to Management

Quit. Different managers might actually be able to maintain the personnel and stop the high turnover.

"Worst company I ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Cash Vault Teller in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Cash Vault Teller in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at GardaWorld full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is nothing good about this company, they are the totally unprofessional and have no idea what they are doing!

Cons

Everything! I have been working for this company for 4 years never saw a raise. One week they are cutting your hours below 40 the next week you are working 65. Upper management knows nothing about cash vaults, hired in last 2 years no experience and only cares about bottom line numbers fires half the staff and expects work to be done in same amount of time. Complains and cusses you out when production takes longer with fewer employees.

Advice to Management

Fire all upper management they have no clue what they are doing!