GardaWorld Reviews | Glassdoor

2.4
GardaWorld Founding President and Chief Executive Officer Stéphan D. Crétier
Stéphan D. Crétier

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Pay is decent for a no experience required job (in 15 reviews)

• Good pay, good people, state of the art building (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, need to be available 24/7 (in 23 reviews)

• broke down trucks, no A/C in the trucks, protecting money that's not your's (in 10 reviews)

"i love it my job is the best"

Current Employee - Driver/Messenger in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Driver/Messenger in Toledo, OH

Pros

the pay is great the job is fun the management is very very cool Garda is just a great place period i been there for 5yr almost 6 they work with me on any time i need off.my boss is the best boss i ever had i just wish i had work for Garda soon as i turned 21 so i can have more time in over all i see myself here for a long hull

Cons

the only downside of this job is that it is hijackers out there and you have to ready at all times

"I am immensely proud of the dedication of our employees as their hard work keeps the wheels of our economy turning."

Current Employee - President & Chief Operating Officer in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - President & Chief Operating Officer in Pasadena, CA

Pros

Garda's operating model has enabled the company to successfully combine supposedly incompatible strategies of differentiation pursued through service excellence, continuous innovation & improvement – and cost leadership.
    - An organizational culture fostering teamwork, partnership and employee ownership
    - Client centric orientation and empowerment of all management levels to instill sense of urgency and maintain industry’s leading ‘speed to market’
    - An informal management structure with senior management actively involved in day-to-day operations and communicating openly and frequently with the employees
    - And finally, a passionate shared commitment to being the best cash logistics provider in the industry

Cons

We are not perfect. We certainly make mistakes. We try to learn from them and improve our processes to address any hardships that our employees may face in their work lives. I always appreciate constructive critique and feedback which I can leverage to make our organization better.

"This has been an amazing job."

Current Employee - Driver/Messenger in South Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Driver/Messenger in South Houston, TX

Pros

The pay is great, the hours as a full time employee are always good.the company is always willing to help you out, everyone is a good group of people but you always have a sour apple or two in the bunch. The way the show is run is a good system and the management is great. I must say this has been a great job for me and I'll stay as long as I can.

Cons

The way rumors spread is insane and a bit like high school and The schedule always changes as far as off days.

"Difficult work atmosphere"

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at GardaWorld full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Some very dedicated coworkers who have limited resources

Cons

All the pressure placed on branch manager to perform with no support.

Advice to Management

Get the cash flow improved and re-establish the training department and support your branch managers

5. "Garda is a good company."

I have been working at GardaWorld full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They have training programs. They have a good leadership team. The time off policies were good as well. I would for the company again.

Cons

I don't have any cons to mention at this time. The company does what it can for their employees.

Advice to Management

Try to avoid lay offs.

6. "According to my work experience in Garda cash logistics company , Its a very good company in USA."

Current Employee - Teller in Long Island City, NY
    Current Employee - Teller in Long Island City, NY

I have been working at GardaWorld full-time (More than a year)

Pros

All of the company policies, Values is good.

Cons

Its a growing company . Its better place to progress in future.

Advice to Management

Every 1-2 weeks make a small meeting with the Employee Discuss with them about work . We are working as a team . Team work is very important . Employee Satisfy - Customer satisfy - More Revenue.

7. "Growing Company"

I have been working at GardaWorld full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast moving business with a chance to excel immediately

Cons

Very poor existing management structure and staff. Vehicles are in need of repair.

Advice to Management

Stay the course and invest in quality people

"Good job, disorganized company"

Pros

Good pay, always plenty of hours

Cons

Benefits are horrible, company seems disinterested in the well being and concerns of employees, very disorganized

Advice to Management

Listen to the people who work for you, some of the best ideas come from the people who are out on the road every day

"Cash Vault teller"

Pros

At Garda there are many chances to train

Cons

At Grada the benefits are expensive

"What you make of it."

Former Employee - Driver/Messenger in Stratford, CT
    Former Employee - Driver/Messenger in Stratford, CT

I worked at GardaWorld full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There's a lot of responsibility and a lot of liability. If you take your job seriously, get the work done promptly and professionally, you can develop good habits that'll help you further your career. The benefits for full-timers are OK, especially if you're single. If you learn how to do everything and make yourself available, you can make more money as a Crew Leader. Some paid holidays, paid vacation time after 1 year, etc. It's been a great place to work!

Cons

For Driver/Messengers, you'll face the unavoidable stress of dealing with money, inclement/extreme weather, hazardous road conditions, and the occasional truck problems. You have to be strong, prepare for the worse. There's a lot of heavy lifting, so it's not for the weak. The indeterminate out times will mess with your personal life, so if you need to be somewhere at a certain time in the evening, forget about working here. It's hard on your family responsibilities.

Advice to Management

Cultivate a culture of discipline and respect, maintain your facilities and trucks (and involve the employees in their upkeep), be proactive and stay on top of what's going on, and utilize your Crew Leaders to make operations more efficient and profitable for the branch.