GardaWorld Reviews | Glassdoor

2.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
GardaWorld Founding President and Chief Executive Officer Stéphan D. Crétier
Stéphan D. Crétier

Pros
  • Good pay, good people, state of the art building (in 17 reviews)

• I worked with good people and had a great account director (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours and no set end schedule (in 22 reviews)

• Rampant favoritism based on friendship or being related to managers No training managers idea of support is screamin at you Gossip about emlployees (in 17 reviews)

"This place is better than no Job"

Current Employee - Messenger/Driver in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Messenger/Driver in Charleston, SC

Pros

It's a Job and a Paycheck

Cons

No chance of advancement unles you kiss the bosses Butt. You can not be upfront with your fellow workers because they feel that you want there job. Your boss plays the game i Have a Secret.

Advice to Management

Fire the Micromanagers, Have an open door policy with Security, Safety, HR and the other main Divisions, with out coming down on the employees. Train your people how to use the equipment that they have.

"Garda = GARBAGE"

Former Employee - Driver/Messenger in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Driver/Messenger in Charlotte, NC

Pros

They're a few good guys that worked there.

Cons

Incompetent management, management that constantly lies, trucks are in terrible condition and are unsafe, paychecks are not on time. They send people out on the road in street clothes, no uniforms. No portable radios. So when the messenger gets out of the truck there's no communication between the driver and messenger. Very unsafe. Very unprofessional.

Advice to Management

Hire competent management. Give employees the tools to do their job.

"Poor Management, no Sales rep in area"

Former Employee - First Line Tech in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - First Line Tech in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

Their pay was not bad for this area. After all the merges that happened I did receive a substantial raise.

Cons

Don't listen to suggestions from employees.
    Don't take time in department when considering promotions, strictly goes by time with company.
    Does not have any local sales people in area to sell product to new customer prospects.

Advice to Management

Before laying people off consider how long they have beenf doing particular job and how much their customer service is appreciated not just time with company. Communication is a must in business and when a company is doing badly then this must be communicated with employees. Upper management need to look at the particular area and not just how things are working in one particular area. For example, things are more spreadout in some areas and driving times are longer when not in a congested area.

"Unsatisfied with how things are going..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

My colleagues are the only thing that stops me from moving to another company. These are the dedicated staff members of the company that Senior Management doesn't recognized in terms of promotion and pay increase

Cons

No advancement
    Managers need to know how to 'MANAGE" their staff and be an effective manager.
    Senior Management specially from Montreal - when you see staff members at the office, please acknowledge our good mornings and say hello instead of looking at your blackberry or act as if you don't see us

Advice to Management

Garda takes care of Senior Management positions but not the staff who works hard for this company to where it is now. Garda has to take care of their staff as employees are not happy working for this company.

"No training or good management"

Current Employee - Driver Messenger in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Driver Messenger in Norcross, GA

Pros

Decent hours.
    Employees watch out for each other

Cons

No training.
    Senior management pits employees against one another.
    No security
    No safety
    Big talkers, no results
    Employees disgruntled

Advice to Management

How do you manage what you have never done? You can't
    Respect is earned, so don't expect it. Earn it!

"It has been the worst opportunity of my life-it's sicknening what goes on in there is horrifying to morale."

Current Employee - Rather Not Say in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Rather Not Say in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

The President seems like a stand up guy, staff (subordinates)-truly dedicated. Location (building) are great! The reason I chose to work for GARDA over other companies was because of it's externally known prestige and what the company represented (before working there)-it was a highlight to say I was accepted to work in a known company around the world and what it stood for.

Cons

It's been a total nightmare-the expectations of what was sold to me quickly have vanished-I imagine this being the equivalent of working in a modern day sweat factory or working as an illegal! There is zero consideration of the staff-they are put to work like animals in experiment-no training, no organization just do & kill yourself doing it because that's what we hired you for-feed us all your ideas with zero incentive or appreciation & don't dare make any mistakes-they don't even have s realistic Gage on the work load (staff is cut in half w:same tools and more work load) they don't know what it takes to learn everything & once u do learn ev. Kill yourself now they hire their friends or French Speakers (over u in Management positions) make double what u make that don't even speak a lick of English to feed off of u! how can there b a major communication gap w/ur managers? Never a praise, pat on the back-thank u/just keep working like an animal & I will make sure my friend tells me in French about u and watch u like a hawk! The managers have no people tact-very cold and u can tell never managed in the US-it seems never properly managed a successful team! What keeps the comp going is bcuz the staff is so dedicated and great people and r thankful to have a job-but the abuse lines r crossed daily and it's disgusting! I am
    There for a paycheck and it's sad because I had so much hope and aspirations for the company I was proud to b there until I saw what was really going on-after giving ur all u subject to the scrutiny and mis-treatment by management because u did care and all they care about is their nice big paycheck and will stop @ nothing to keep u down-calling u in like dogs (never using the phones) treating u bad bcu of their incompetencies yelling @ u and saying why was something done a certain way (which was correct) but because they don't understand or took the time to learn it seems like a problem-u spend alot of ur time now explaining to them what they should b explaining to you because they r the managers and alot of time playing translator and speaking slow to your superior that gives u that blank look-then again starts to vicious cycle of them trying to explain what u said in French to their manager! With the time u have left u kill urself trying to do your work that is now backed up because of the extra and you are told no overtime-(now/because@ the end of the month they will open it)- and you go home so stressed with pending items and feeling horrible and wondering if they understood anything! It's unreal-I would like for the President to be on Undercover Boss and spend the next 6 month going into all their main offices (to say he's American) to experience this first hand and he will be in for a ruse awakening! It's true it's not bitter employees writing-it's employees that care that have no avenue to express this because of the mental anguish and fear of a repercussion! I can't believe the CEO can sit there and defend it if he's not in our shoes and doesn't experience it first hand-he's being ignorant and acting like them! I have 3 kids and cannot afford to leave at this point im good @ what I do and am a hard worker-I like my coworkers and have learned everything-bit @ what cost? If they want their company to be in lone with the name of the company and have happy internal success-then they will take this serious and start with assessing whose who in management-their English skills here in the US and just that will tell so much-starting with the newer batch-because it still goes on! The problem is that they ask them why would they tell on themselves they smile and say everything is great and it appears so because they have the numbers to prove how good the company is doing-but internally it's falling apart-it's like a cancer spreading within a person-it will begin to show sooner than later and drastic measures need to take place for the company to reach a new level or else it will never be what it should be or where it should be now! Take it constructively not negatively because it's a major problem and reading other comments-you realize that it has become the company norm & shoulnt be like that!

Advice to Management

President to go undercover or send an undercover in a subordinate role (saying they don't speak French-but do) starting with all the main offices (newest to old) to see first hand what is truly going on-I'm sure 95% of te working staff that make te company feel like this but in fear of the repercussions and their need for the job don't say a peep but are abused daily by these tyrant managers that suck the life out of them daily and smile in the presidents face when he comesask the president to hold candid one on one random interveiws with a promise of protection so the employees can be honest and tell him what is truly going on-he will see how bad it really is! If he doesn't take measures to change this his approval rating will be affected because it's happening on his watch-in meeting him I think he is a fair man and doesn't want this reflecting on what he represents!

"Absolutely Horrible"

Former Employee - Driver/Messenger in Bowie, MD
    Former Employee - Driver/Messenger in Bowie, MD

I worked at GardaWorld full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some really good co-workers, salary pays the bills.

Cons

From the top down easily the most mis-managed organization I have ever seen. Local managers are completely untrained and grossly incompetent. Employee expectations are unreachable, hours are terrible, working 10-15 hour days 6 days a week. Company routinely violates laws and regulations including company policies.

Advice to Management

Train lower level managers and ensure they train the hourly employees. Consider safety in making decisions.

"They like to call us "managers""

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

I have been working at GardaWorld full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a job, but I will always keep looking for something better! Working 60 hours on salary is no picnic....big deal. I would rather be paid hourly and make more money

Cons

There are no positives, therefore, everything about this place is a negative...just like a sweat shop and slave labor!

Advice to Management

Watch out or you will go under and watch some of those other "so called managers" before they bleed you dry!

"My experience has been one filled with failed expectations. The managers seem not to care about safety or security."

Current Employee - Driver Messenger in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Driver Messenger in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at GardaWorld full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I guess it might look good on a resume. It is a paycheck, they have many hours for you to work well over 40 a week.

Cons

They are cronically sceduled short. The trucks are filthy, no A/c, no water on board, no lunches breaks are rare

Advice to Management

Get new mangaers that can follow the MCA, FLSA and FMSCA. Solve the Enormous "disconnect" that exists between branches and its corporate structure.

"Not appreciated, terrible pay for the type of work, don't kid yourself, you are risking your life"

Current Employee - Guard in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Guard in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at GardaWorld full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of hours, job security

Cons

Very heavy work, lots of hours, no idea when your day will end.

Advice to Management

Care about the people who work for you.