GardaWorld Reviews | Glassdoor

GardaWorld Reviews

Updated July 18, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Pay is decent for a no experience required job (in 15 reviews)

• Good pay, good people, state of the art building (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, need to be available 24/7 (in 23 reviews)

• broke down trucks, no A/C in the trucks, protecting money that's not your's (in 10 reviews)

"Terrible company"

Former Employee - Driver/Messenger in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Driver/Messenger in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at GardaWorld full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of hours 50 plus.
    Decent pay for the job.

Cons

Over time does start till 50
    Trucks fall apart its the teams fault
    You get injured you wont get workers comp

Advice to Management

Just give up the company has failed you and the employees they pocketed the profits and threw you all to the side

"Easy Job"

Current Employee - Driver/Messenger in Yakima, WA
    Current Employee - Driver/Messenger in Yakima, WA

I have been working at GardaWorld full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work out doors, get to meet different people employees are awesome management easy going

Cons

District Managers don't come around , trucks are hand me downs or always breaking down

"Very depressing"

Former Employee - Cash Processing Teller I in West Hempstead, NY
    Former Employee - Cash Processing Teller I in West Hempstead, NY

I worked at GardaWorld full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you want to work extra hours to see a little extra money on your paycheck then they have no problem letting you do so.

Cons

I worked for this company for 2 months and I felt it was worst than working for McDonalds. I worked in the West Hempstead location and was taken advantage of. On my first day I was given a set schedule and management never followed that schedule, which to me it didn't made any sense to why would they create a schedule in the first place. I was always leaving 2-3 hours after my scheduled time to leave. I was also told that I would be bumped to Cash Processing Teller 2 based on my previous experience working in banks and also working as a Supervisor at other banks. The manager basically lied. The manager told me that I would have to wait until after my probation like everyone else. There are also clicks and rude people who don't say good morning to you. Some of the supervisors also passed by me at least 20 times for the day without saying anything to me. There was a girl who literally cried because she did not want to work on a certain machine. One of the supervisors basically let this girl worked what ever machine she wanted to work on and slipped one of her working bins in my cubicle without me looking for me to process. Each of these bins takes anywhere between 1-1.5 hours to work with. At that time I was already about 3 hours passed my time to leave for the day. Ofcourse I did not process the bin. There were times where I would buzz a supervisor to come to my cubicle to give me an override and no one showed up until 30 min later. I was also placed at stations where the buzzer was not working and I would be sitting there pressing the buzzer not knowing that it's not working. Everyday coming into work I felt very uncomfortable and taken advantage of. Plenty of days I did not want to come into work. I decided to speak to management about transferring the the Long Island City location and my request was denied. This job should be for people who can't find a job elsewhere because they lack necessary skills. I definitely short changed myself by working for this company. What a waste of my time.

Advice to Management

My advice to management-If you want to retain your employees, stop taking advantage of them and be honest with them before they get their foot in the door so that they know what they are getting themselves into.

"Supervisor"

Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at GardaWorld (More than 10 years)

Pros

Allows for personal development in a new environment

Cons

This job is a trap

"Armed Driver/Messanger"

Current Employee - Armed Driver/Messenger in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Armed Driver/Messenger in Orange, CA

I have been working at GardaWorld full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Livable wage, paid vacation, guaranteed at least 40 hours a week if full time

Cons

Company does not care about employess at all. Cheapeast company I have worked for. No OT until 50 hours in a week. That means no OT after 8 and double after 12, and they take total advantage of that. Slave labor of the 21st century. Mandatory 6 days for about a year now because we are understaffed and most new hires quit for something better

Advice to Management

Learn to treat your employees like human beings

"Garda Cash Logistics (Armored Truck)"

Former Employee - Armed Messenger in Reading, PA
    Former Employee - Armed Messenger in Reading, PA

I worked at GardaWorld full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

easily get hired, the branch personnel as a whole welcomed new hires. Some of the employees that had been there a while were resistant.

Cons

Pay sucked for the risk that a person assumed. OT only after 50hrs/week, not 40hrs!!
    Very long days of at least 11-14hrs/day.

Advice to Management

convince upper management that the hourly wage needs to be increased!! Otherwise the revolving door will continue.

"Run in the other way unless you like to work for less and be treated like a pyramid builder."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

I worked at GardaWorld full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Nothing about this company except you receive your pay every two weeks and their vendors are skipped. So some insurance employees are being paid.

Cons

Middle and upper management are totally ignorant of how operation works. Quick to blame all issues on others and then deny if confronted. Poor working conditions. Buildings are in poor shape and unsanitary and unsafe. Equipment always breaking. Company will hold supply orders up and you have to scrounge around or borrow from another location. Revolving door of managers. They state they have professional training. Not true, you learn as you go along and find your way through things and are held accountable for that. Poor company that makes same promises to employees every year and never comes through. Owes employees back pay too. Work life balance is a joke with the threat of being fired if you don't work more than 14 plus hours. Would minus stars on them if you could.

Advice to Management

Quit hiding behind your desks and hold yourselves accountable. Most employees at branch and terminal levels know what they are doing and stop treating them like pee--ons.

8. "Bad"

Current Employee - Driver/Messenger in Needham, MA
    Current Employee - Driver/Messenger in Needham, MA

I have been working at GardaWorld full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of hours if you have no life.

Cons

Management is a joke. Will do anything to save their own skin. Be prepared to work 12+ hours and if you make even the slightest mistake prepare for them to remember it for months. Lots of stress for not enough pay.

Advice to Management

Understand mistakes happen and give your employees chances to explain themselves instead of writing them up multiple times for the same incident.

"How you percieve things here can make or break you"

Current Employee - Crew Leader in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Crew Leader in Durham, NC

I have been working at GardaWorld full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You get to work outdoors for the most part because you'll be traveling via by truck

Cons

You never really know when you'll get off. Schedule can by subject to change daily.

Advice to Management

Order is the most important thing to deter choas

"Very poor company at Fairfield"

Former Employee - Armored Driver/Guard in Fairfield, NJ
    Former Employee - Armored Driver/Guard in Fairfield, NJ

I worked at GardaWorld part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the people are cool to work with

Cons

Gotta be a brown nose to move up and get place and also a lot of preference to those within dispatch and management in other words if they like u lot of doors open

Advice to Management

Advice to the owner Fairfield branch needs to get rid of current managers at Fairfield and get new faces in there asap during company meetings everything looks good but a lot goes behind closed doors trust me