KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Garden of Life Reviews

Updated Apr 19, 2021

4.5
Garden of Life President and CEO Brian Ray (no image)
Brian Ray
Pros
  • "You receive Free products and education(in 5 reviews)

• "The office has a gym, supplements, free healthy lunches constantly, and business lounge(in 4 reviews)

• Cons
  • "My favorite part about GoL is the people(in 4 reviews)

• "Cubicles can be challenging in any work environment, sometimes it can get distracting(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Does not get better than this!

Mar 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance, great benefits and compensation, diversity and inclusion, leaders who really care, team inspires you

Cons

There are none in my opinion. There is no perfect workplace but this is as close as it gets.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company !

Jul 21, 2020 - Customer Service (CSR) in North Palm Beach, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

It is a really great place to work. The Staff is friendly and Management listens to your needs. I find that in my time here everyone has a mutual respect for each other and for that reason this company is a breath of fresh air in today's climate. They are always upgrading and training to assist us in making the business better and stronger. Preparing for growth, always thinking of the Consumer needs and Empowering Extraordinary Health for All of Us. They do walk the walk. It is not smoke an mirrors as I have read on some of these reviews. This company provided Benefits way above and beyond most things you can imagine and the CEO truly cares about the workers far beyond anything that is considered the Norm. If you are lucky enough to work here You will be Blessed! Its a Great Place with Extraordinary People. Lots of room for growth and advancement!

Cons

The only thing for me would be Con is a long commute-( This is also my own doing) But then again I love my Job! Truly Love it! Been here just about 5 years and honestly it is amazing. I consider this job a blessing everyday when I get up to drive in. Oh and did I mention we all are working from Home currently to keep us Safe. The Team managed to get the entire Company working from home in about a Week! Like I said AMAZING!!!! Highly recommend without reservation -

3 people found this review helpful
    3. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

demo rep

Apr 19, 2021 - Inside Sales Representative in Aurora Highlands, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

great training and amazing sell reps

Cons

i did not experience any

4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Calling on accts in natural foods channel...training/merchandising/demoing

Jan 22, 2021 - Product Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Devoted to quality throughout company...from sourcing raw materials to how they treat their employees

Cons

No cons in my experience

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing Company to work for

Oct 10, 2020 - Outside Sales Representative in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

I don't think I can say enough positive things about this company. They truly care about their employees. You also receive free product, the culture promotes work/life balance and that message continually comes from the top down. It is a BCorp company and very sustainably minded. Management is approachable and supportive. The education they provide was beyond amazing. They have been nothing but supportive during the pandemic and clearly put employees safety first.

Cons

This job consists of a lot of driving.

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Trying times shows true colors

Apr 23, 2020 - Human Resources in Overland Park, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Garden of Life, like most organizations, did not see the COVID-19 pandemic coming. But WOW has this organization shown up. From quick deployment of equipment & support from IT, to the instantaneous implementation of Microsoft Teams, and constant communication, well wishes, and reassurance from our President, Leaders, and Peers alike, I am impressed. We were not set up for a 100% remote operation, and we definitely wren't prepared to see the extreme demand of our amazing immune supporting products, but each department is pulling through - special kudos to Supply Chain, Sales and Customer Service for working tirelessly to not only fulfill customer orders, but also send every employee care packages for us and our families & donating palettes of product to first responders and those on the front lines. It hasn't been easy, but having a great foundation has helped us to keep it together and I couldn't feel luckier to be a "Gardener" during these uncertain times.

Cons

My favorite part about GoL is the people. It has been tough to be at home and not seeing my co-workers on a regular basis. Working from home has its perks, but I can't wait to get back to the in-person interactions.

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Garden of Life Review

Nov 24, 2020 - Product Specialist in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

super dedicated employee oriented company

Cons

unfortunately this job no longer exists due to Covid-19

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great culture and rewarding work that feels like play!

Oct 29, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's rewarding to work for a company whose mission is focused on "Empowering Extraordinary Health" - providing the best quality supplements to those who depend on them for better health and a better quality of life. I enjoy using my expertise to collaborate with my peers to solve problems and improve processes. The benefits are very good and employees get a generous monthly product allowance. The offices are thoughtfully decorated with living plants, painted murals, photo collages, well-equipped cafe's (Cappuccino anyone?), a massive tree and even a slide. There's also a relaxation room - which is great for a quick recharge. One of my favorite benefits is that we can also bring our well-behaved dogs to work and keep them in our office or cubicle. My four-legged boy is very sweet and very attached - so he REALLY appreciates this benefit!! There is also an onsite gym and showers and to take it up a notch, employees can workout locally and get paid for it. We also get free, healthy lunches three days a week. Did I mention that we can bring our dogs to work with us? Our Garden is growing and always changing and some things need more attention than others. That's okay, because I know I'm contributing to the growth and improvements. That's what gives me real satisfaction!

Cons

More work schedule options and flexibility across departments

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Truly Empowering and Extraordinary, I LOVE this company!

Jun 2, 2020 - Product Specialist in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love my job and this company. We have outstanding and extraordinary leaders who truly care about the welfare of their employees. In this most recent time of an outbreak, our CEO has given us weekly emails of encouragement and communication, also reassuring us that we all still have a job. Our CEO even gave us a care package for our family that was filled with supplements to use during COVID-19. We also received face masks to wear out in public. We also have been working from home during this time. We get weekly greetings of our fellow Gardeners with their pets, it’s is comforting and we get to connect when we cannot see each other face to face. We are told to make sure we take care of our “square”, which is how we achieve our work-life balance. Also, our CEO a put out a public statement regarding the company’s stance on inequality and racism, it is not tolerated here at Garden of Life. We have amazing supervisors who push us to be our best and help us grow. We have regular communication and our supervisors and directors ask us for feedback regarding issues. We are recognized for our achievements. We are rigorously trained and given tools to succeed in selling out in the field. I work with like minded people and we share ideas with each other, helping each other. We are given samples of products for our family to try when there are new product launches. We have amazing healthcare benefits and 401k plan. I cannot say enough about how generous this company is. I have been here five years and I don’t ever want to leave. I want to do the best job that I can because I love this company and everything it stands for. I feel empowered to help people and it feels great to help customers take charge of becoming healthier using our clean products. I love the work culture, my co-workers, and that we make the best supplements in the world. (I really mean it)

Cons

I really can’t think of any.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A great company to work for!

Jan 14, 2020 - Product Specialist in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture at Garden of Life is top notch! They take great care of their employees. The compensation and benefits are second to none when compared with industry standards. If you are a remote employee in the field, like me, Garden of Life gives you all the support you could possibly need to succeed. Having been on the inside now for almost two years, I can say with confidence that Garden of Life's products are simply the cleanest, most effective supplements on the market. That makes it easy to go to work knowing that the brand is doing things the right way and making a difference in people's lives. Overall, if you enjoy working in the Natural Products Industry or strive to be in it, Garden of Life is second to none.

Cons

Only downside to my job is as a remote employee is that your work family is not always close by. It can get lonely, but the company does a great job at keeping you connected with consistent communication and support.

1 person found this review helpful