Garden of Life Reviews

Updated Jun 2, 2020

4.5
Garden of Life President and CEO Brian Ray (no image)
Brian Ray
  1. "Truly Empowering and Extraordinary, I LOVE this company!"

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Garden of Life full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I love my job and this company. We have outstanding and extraordinary leaders who truly care about the welfare of their employees. In this most recent time of an outbreak, our CEO has given us weekly emails of encouragement and communication, also reassuring us that we all still have a job. Our CEO even gave us a care package for our family that was filled with supplements to use during COVID-19. We also received face masks to wear out in public. We also have been working from home during this time. We get weekly greetings of our fellow Gardeners with their pets, it’s is comforting and we get to connect when we cannot see each other face to face. We are told to make sure we take care of our “square”, which is how we achieve our work-life balance. Also, our CEO a put out a public statement regarding the company’s stance on inequality and racism, it is not tolerated here at Garden of Life. I feel like GOL walks the walk. We have amazing supervisors who push us to be our best and help us grow. We have regular communication and our supervisors and directors ask us for feedback regarding issues. We are recognized for our achievements. We are rigorously trained and given tools to succeed in selling out in the field. I work with like minded people and we share ideas with each other, helping each other. We are given samples of products for our family to try when there are new product launches. We have amazing healthcare benefits and 401k plan. I cannot say enough about how generous this company is. I have been here five years and I don’t ever want to leave and I want to do the best job that I can because I love this company and everything it stands for. I love the work culture, my co-workers, and that we make the best supplements in the world. (I really mean it)

Cons

I really can’t think of any.

Garden of Life2020-06-02
  2. "Amazing company to work for."

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Sonoma, CA

I have been working at Garden of Life full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Education, support, great supervisor, amazing co-workers, products are the highest in quality, company supports work/life balance, opportunities to help make a difference in others lives. Inspirational and fun!

Cons

I do not have any cons. My experience has been great.

Garden of Life2020-05-20
  3. "Very proud to work here"

Current Employee - Product Specialist

I have been working at Garden of Life full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I absolutely love this company. I believe in them more each year, the more I see and understand the brand and the people who work here the better it gets. The company’s mission is to “Empower Extraordinary Health” and they do just that through both their products and support for the employees. The management team and HR encourages all employees to focus on family, personal health and physical health on a regular basis. They have a free program to help with any hardships, amazing benefits and amazing health insurance plus access to products each month. I feel genuinely thought of, supported and encouraged in all areas. Management team is direct when needed but they also all wear their hearts on their sleeve which contributes to the family feel of this company. I am a remote employee but have never felt far away, I also appreciate that they listen to our ideas and encourage us to explore our individual strengths. Garden of Life has a lot of integrity with their product quality and ingredients which makes me feel more confident in representing them in the field. They provide excellent education on our products and latest related studies so we are always given the tools we need for this position. During these uncertain times many other companies chose to let go of their employees, but Garden of Life chose to use this quarantine as an opportunity to educate the employees on a deeper level, sharpen our skills and help us all grow rather than let us go. As a company they adapted quickly and allowed us to keep our jobs and go through this trying experience with a little more peace of mind. This shows the authenticity of the company and its leadership, and we couldn’t ask for anything more. To them- I am grateful. Recently it has been clear that there is a major push for positive employee outlook. Yes, in any position in ANY company there will be stress and someone to keep you accountable and on track but rarely do you find a company that gives you outlets to relieve your stress and tremendous positive feedback when your accomplishments are done. I feel honored to be a part of a company that works just as hard for us as we do for them.

Cons

If you are not at the corporate office there are not many opportunities for growth.

Garden of Life2020-05-20
  4. "Literally, my second home"

Current Employee - Consumer Engagement in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I have been working at Garden of Life full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

We are like a family. I have never worked for a company that cares so much for its employees - the 2020 Pandemic is proof of that, sending us care packages of supplements and face masks for us and our families. Not only do I believe in what we do as a company - B Corp Certified, leaders in Organic supplements, almost our entire line is Non-GMO Project verified, etc - but the care and concern that give to their employees is incredible.

Cons

Of course, I wish I made more money but who doesn't

Garden of Life2020-05-19

"Trying times shows true colors"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I have been working at Garden of Life full-time for more than a year

Pros

Garden of Life, like most organizations, did not see the COVID-19 pandemic coming. But WOW has this organization shown up. From quick deployment of equipment & support from IT, to the instantaneous implementation of Microsoft Teams, and constant communication, well wishes, and reassurance from our President, Leaders, and Peers alike, I am impressed. We were not set up for a 100% remote operation, and we definitely wren't prepared to see the extreme demand of our amazing immune supporting products, but each department is pulling through - special kudos to Supply Chain, Sales and Customer Service for working tirelessly to not only fulfill customer orders, but also send every employee care packages for us and our families & donating palettes of product to first responders and those on the front lines. It hasn't been easy, but having a great foundation has helped us to keep it together and I couldn't feel luckier to be a "Gardener" during these uncertain times.

Cons

My favorite part about GoL is the people. It has been tough to be at home and not seeing my co-workers on a regular basis. Working from home has its perks, but I can't wait to get back to the in-person interactions.

Garden of Life2020-04-23
  6. "Best Company Ever!"

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Deerfield Beach, FL

I have been working at Garden of Life full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company emphasizes a work life balance, provides generous compensation including a monthly stipend for work related travel and business expenses, and harbors positive work environment.

Cons

There are no cons to working for this company.

Garden of Life2020-03-09
  7. "Best company"

Former Employee - Product Specialist in San Jose, CA

I worked at Garden of Life full-time for more than a year

Pros

They gave us $1000 a month for expenses. To workout, pay bills etc. very flexible

Cons

Tuesday- Saturday work day

Garden of Life2020-02-25
  8. "It Does Not Get Better Than This!"

4.0
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I worked at Garden of Life full-time for more than a year

Pros

Extremely team-spirited company who promote health and wellness amongst their employees. A large percentage of employees have been there for 10+ years...that says a lot about the company!They provide their staff with healthy and nutritious lunches 3x per week, as well as daily offerings of fresh fruit, protein bars/powders, and supplements at no cost. In addition, every employee is given a $100 monthly allowance towards the purchase of health supplements. Amazing HR team who effectively keep the staff engaged in company-building activities.

Cons

The vetting process for coming on board on a permanent basis is long if you were initially hired on a temporary basis.

Garden of Life2020-02-04

"A great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Garden of Life full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture at Garden of Life is top notch! They take great care of their employees. The compensation and benefits are second to none when compared with industry standards. If you are a remote employee in the field, like me, Garden of Life gives you all the support you could possibly need to succeed. Having been on the inside now for almost two years, I can say with confidence that Garden of Life's products are simply the cleanest, most effective supplements on the market. That makes it easy to go to work knowing that the brand is doing things the right way and making a difference in people's lives. Overall, if you enjoy working in the Natural Products Industry or strive to be in it, Garden of Life is second to none.

Cons

Only downside to my job is as a remote employee is that your work family is not always close by. It can get lonely, but the company does a great job at keeping you connected with consistent communication and support.

Garden of Life2020-01-14

"A dream job"

Current Employee - Product Speciaist in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Garden of Life full-time

Pros

The culture at Garden of Life supports the success and well being of its employees. So by treating people with dignity and respect the senior management create a regenerating cycle of greater success. I have an army of support and the company is always checking in to make sure we are taken care. Oh, and we sell the best products in the marketplace!

Cons

I wish I could have worked for them decades ago

Garden of Life2020-01-14