Gardner Denver Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Gardner Denver CEO Peter Wallace
Peter Wallace

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good pay, able to work independently, and great people (in 6 reviews)

• decent pay, job security, great building block for better jobs (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • It is directly related with the oil and gas market so when things are good, they are really good (in 4 reviews)

• Talking about "work-life balance" but do not taking care at all (in 3 reviews)

1. "Concerning"

Former Employee - Engineering Technologist in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Engineering Technologist in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Gardner Denver full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent pay, good 401k plan, if you last long enough. Nice people to work with (the ones that get to stay)

Cons

Your career is constantly in jeopardy. They are quick to hire and quick to lay off, most of the time they just hire temps, I guess they are easier to get rid of

Advice to Management

I know the oil and gas industry has its ups and downs, but I have never seen such a revolving door, please! Create some stability.

2. "Former employee"

Former Employee - DESIGNER III in Bentleyville, PA
    Former Employee - DESIGNER III in Bentleyville, PA

I worked at Gardner Denver full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

At one time, it was a nice company to work for. The new building was a clean and friendly workplace.

Cons

Layoff because of my age and salary (63), and was forced to early retirement. I would've liked to work there until I was ready to retire on my own terms. Upper management and expansion problems. I clashed with newer section head.

Advice to Management

Review Section heads.

3. "STAY AWAY. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME."

Former Employee - Pump Mechanic in Benbrook, TX
    Former Employee - Pump Mechanic in Benbrook, TX

I worked at Gardner Denver full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The main pro is I don't work there anymore.

Cons

They work you to death taking away your family life. They lie to their employees about the work load. They have lots of work for a few months and then it goes away. management has done something to anger their customers and they have gone away.

Advice to Management

Stop hiding behind your lies.

4. "Do not waste your time"

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Houston, TX

I worked at Gardner Denver full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None that I can think of, was supposed to do inside sales ended up asking me to do yard work
    I left

Cons

Company will lie to you constantly, told me I would do sales and it took a month to get a laptop, they asked me to do yard work, after I got computer they laid me off
    Liars and deceitful

Advice to Management

Wake up

"Lay off Lie"

I worked at Gardner Denver full-time

Pros

At this point I can not think of any pros

Cons

Direct Manager did not understand my position but was quick to judge.

Advice to Management

Do not tell employee you will call them back when the inventory cycle count starts back up and then don't call the employee back. Human Resources is not returning my calls. Very unprofessional.

"Beware! No direction, high turnover, low moral"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Gardner Denver full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There was a time when you felt your co-workers were family and that management cared about the well-being of the masses. Middle-Management, ironically, is actually good for the most part. Being a global organization looks good on your CV.

Cons

- Owned by private equity firm, so meeting "budget" is a monthly routine and anyone can/will be fired to meeting whatever the shortfall is for that particular month

- Unbelievably high executive turnover. A new CEO over year. New CIOs. New VP's/Presidents of divisions. Fired executives. It's a revolving door of C-Level leadership. Every one that comes in is even less in touch with those down the food-chain

- Layoffs. Lots of them. Often. It doesn't matter which department you work in you'll be cut. HR and Finance have been gutted.

- No Direction. New direction every other month or it changes depending on how the budget is for the month. It's a nightmare.

- Cost cutting has made everyone take on the work of the 5 co-workers that lost their jobs.

- Europeans basically dictate how the company runs. This isn't a US company other than where the headquarters are located.

- Company seems to enjoy closing sites or moving them and then closing something else. It's musical sites. They waste more money building new facilities and then closing them than you can imagine. Open this year, closed the next and everyone is out of a job. Oh, we'll move a site down the road... then close it. Again, everyone loses their job.

- Benefits for this global company cost about double as comparable companies. The medical coverage will put you in the poor-house if you ever use it. High deductibles, high premium, and you have to pay 20%.

Advice to Management

Just sell this mess of a company to someone who will actually invest in it and make it great again. KKR doesn't care. GD leadership only cares about their paychecks. How about some compassion? Save money when times are good so you're not firing 3/4 of the corporation when the numbers don't look great. Weed out your worthless directors/VPs that keep making the same mistakes and get some seasoned professionals with fresh ideas to take the reins. Stop letting Europe make the decisions and for the US to abide by what they insist.

"Territory Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Gardner Denver (More than a year)

Pros

High base salary, easy interview process

Cons

Total incompetence, I've never worked for a company that so many people make mistakes and don't care. 75% of the units we manufacture do not work when shipped as brand new, most the time the customers order these months in advance and we always pretend the problem is on their end. Everyone with experience and knowledge has been let go to save money on costs along with use of inferior parts from china that create safety violations. If you report to the 1800 number thats on the wall for employees to express concerns, you will be fired the next day for lack of confidence that you can perform your duties. I have no idea how they are still in business. Health Care is a joke, its been outsourced to save money, if you do not opt in to their health care 360 program , agree to blood tests, body measurments and speak with counselors about the results and improve, ie blood sugar, cholesterol, you will be confronted often about it from HR, even if you agree to opt out of this voluntary helpful program and pay the non discounted cost. yourself. The culture here is the most political correct and dishonest I have ever seen.

Advice to Management

read some books on ethics and honest

"Rate a company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Quincy, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Quincy, IL

I have been working at Gardner Denver full-time

Pros

1. more product lines, some products are no competition product. 2. international company. nothing else I can think is good.

Cons

very low efficiency, some people are not friendly, not cooperative, not supportive, especially middle level managers. most of the time during a meeting, managers are blaming each other.

Advice to Management

really need to improve the efficiency. The plant really need to be upgrade or remodeled, so dirty in shop floor, even some office area

"Bad Management"

Former Employee - Assembly in Sedalia, MO
    Former Employee - Assembly in Sedalia, MO

I worked at Gardner Denver full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Workers on the floor were great! Everyone was knowledgeable and helped each other out!!!

Cons

Admin., Engineers, Supervisers, Managers, If you weren't liked you didn't get far and YOU were targeted and harassed until you were fired. Just wrong!!!!!!!

Advice to Management

KKR needs to bring in there own, with people skills, not the good ol buddy system, hard working people are being fired because they aren't part of the group!!!!!!

"Awful"

Pros

The Benefits were great, and most of my co-workers were great people! Working 4 10 days gave uš more personal time.

Cons

They don't believe in advancing African Americans no matter what talents they might have. They claim to have an open door policy, but once you cross the threshole you are doomed! I got hired because of my experience and was promised to move up within the company nad it never happened! I got blackballed within because of a work related injury to my hand. Upon returning to work, I was given a job using hand tools & standing the entire 10hr shift!

Advice to Management

Coorperate need to invest in diversity training for everyone in supervisory & management positions! To display bigotry & blatent harrassment is unacceptable for anyone having to indure in this day! Every American have the right to work anywhere in the United States od America without enduring malice, hatred, predjudice and total disregard of respect!