Gardner Denver Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Gardner Denver CEO Peter Wallace
Peter Wallace

Pros
  • Good pay, able to work independently, and great people (in 6 reviews)

• Good people and decent managers (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • It is directly related with the oil and gas market so when things are good, they are really good (in 4 reviews)

• No direction, cost reduction by reducing employee (in 3 reviews)

"Avoid if Possible"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Gardner Denver full-time

Pros

- Decent salary
    - Lay-offs are extremely unlikely

Cons

- Toxic political environment
    - Reactive Culture is Frequently Operating in Crisis Mode
    - Extremely resistant to change and new ideas
    - Good Ol' Boy System

"Get out while you can!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Quincy, IL

I have been working at Gardner Denver full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Company with a large global footprint and very proud history. With the recent change in leadership, this proud ship is sinking fast.

Cons

It is obvious that the new leadership doesn't care about the company and is only interested in selling Gardner Denver for a quick buck. Larsen and his cronies will cash in big time and will not have to work another day in their lives, while the other 7000 employees will be left jobless. So sad.

"Not For People of Color"

Former Employee - Human Resources in Wayne, PA
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Wayne, PA

I worked at Gardner Denver full-time

Pros

Great co-workers. Everyone is willing to share information and help one another.

Cons

If your a person of color there is very little opportunity for advancement. This is a white male dominated environment.

Advice to Management

Recruit at minority job fairs, have more minorities in senior positions, and have more respect for your current employees. Do not be intimidated by diversity, but embrace it. Get rid of the good ole boys and bring in people with more forward thinking. Stop hiring and promoting based on looks.

"Within the last couple years it has turned into a very narrowminded company."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bentleyville, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bentleyville, PA

I worked at Gardner Denver full-time

Pros

Most of the time pays well

Cons

They do not treat their employees like human beings. The HR department is severely lacking in common sense. They have a lot of turnover since they moved to Bentleyville.

Advice to Management

treat your employees like humans not like working mules

"No seniority! No security!"

Former Employee - Mechanic in Altoona, PA

I worked at Gardner Denver full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was nice place to work

Cons

Worked there 1 year, got axed even though there were 25 people hired after me. People were being trained for my position, and then I was told my position was being eliminated. I believe I was a threat to the manager above me. No respect for loyalty, hard work or quality. Was told it was not a layoff because we don't have a call back. No seniority !!!

Advice to Management

Hire more skilled managers. The unskilled ones who deem good knowledgeable workers as a threat only cost the company money and time. The example of me being axed will send fear into other employees in the shop killing all loyalty and possibly production. All employees like a little security. This action sends the message no one is safe.

"Honestly, worst place I've worked... so far."

I worked at Gardner Denver full-time

Pros

I loved working on the equipment, but Cons outweighed the Pros.

Cons

Unprofessional, unethical management. Yearly raises, miniscule, benefit premiums rise faster. Management is threatened when you have more product knowledge than them.

Advice to Management

If this is your culture?... expect a high turnover rate. Treat people like human beings. You get more from employees when you respect them as human beings.

"Assembly"

Current Employee - Assembler in Monroe, LA
    Current Employee - Assembler in Monroe, LA

I have been working at Gardner Denver (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay is decent. Co workers are friendly.

Cons

This place is a joke. Management is a joke. They don't treat the employees fair. If the supervisors don't like you, then they ride you. HR doesn't do anything when you file a grievance.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Our work pays your bills. Show us the respect we deserve. Hold your supervisors accountable for their actions.

"Awful"

Pros

The Benefits were great, and most of my co-workers were great people! Working 4 10 days gave uš more personal time.

Cons

They don't believe in advancing African Americans no matter what talents they might have. They claim to have an open door policy, but once you cross the threshole you are doomed! I got hired because of my experience and was promised to move up within the company nad it never happened! I got blackballed within because of a work related injury to my hand. Upon returning to work, I was given a job using hand tools & standing the entire 10hr shift!

Advice to Management

Coorperate need to invest in diversity training for everyone in supervisory & management positions! To display bigotry & blatent harrassment is unacceptable for anyone having to indure in this day! Every American have the right to work anywhere in the United States od America without enduring malice, hatred, predjudice and total disregard of respect!

"Bad Management"

Former Employee - Assembly in Sedalia, MO
    Former Employee - Assembly in Sedalia, MO

I worked at Gardner Denver full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Workers on the floor were great! Everyone was knowledgeable and helped each other out!!!

Cons

Admin., Engineers, Supervisers, Managers, If you weren't liked you didn't get far and YOU were targeted and harassed until you were fired. Just wrong!!!!!!!

Advice to Management

KKR needs to bring in there own, with people skills, not the good ol buddy system, hard working people are being fired because they aren't part of the group!!!!!!

"Rate a company"

I have been working at Gardner Denver full-time

Pros

1. more product lines, some products are no competition product. 2. international company. nothing else I can think is good.

Cons

very low efficiency, some people are not friendly, not cooperative, not supportive, especially middle level managers. most of the time during a meeting, managers are blaming each other.

Advice to Management

really need to improve the efficiency. The plant really need to be upgrade or remodeled, so dirty in shop floor, even some office area