Gardner Resources Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.4
Steve Naha

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Best agency recruiting firm in the New England Area"

Pros

Hands on management approach. Attention to detail. Structured Process but without micro management. The culture is all about growing the company's business but also very much about growing one's own individual network and business. Specialized industry focus allows a fantastic database/network of people to be tapped.

Cons

No place is perfect. Every once in a while there was some hesitancy to hire new recruiters and sales people. But that has since changed in 2016.

Advice to Management

Keep continuing to grow and continuing to add more technology to the business environment to help employees find quality candidates faster.

"Senior Recruiting Executive"

Former Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Wellesley, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Wellesley, MA

I worked at Gardner Resources Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

GRC was a really good place to work. I worked there for 7 years after having worked for a few other agencies and found them to be the best by far. It was a great team environment, had good training and support, and knowledgeable management. The compensation program was really good as well. I learned a lot and was successful while I was there. The only reason I left was because I wanted to move from the agency world to being an internal, corporate recruiter. They're a really great company and I learned a lot.

Cons

You can make a lot of money doing agency recruiting but you're constantly competing against other agencies. After 10 years in the business I decided to move into a less competitive environment working as a corporate recruiter.

Advice to Management

You've got a great team and culture. Keep it up.

3. "Hardworking group. Good training. Hard to stay alive."

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Wellesley, MA
    Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Wellesley, MA

Pros

Good sales/recruitment training and good client base.

Cons

Your management is also your competition. Candidate and client ownership limit your potential.

Advice to Management

Establish managers that enable not compete.

"I Really Like Working Here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wellesley, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wellesley, MA

I have been working at Gardner Resources Consulting full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It's a great place to work! The company really values the employees, keeps a good work / life balance and has a close knit, team oriented culture. Everyone cares about doing a good job and supports each other.

I've had the opportunity to expand my job responsibilities into areas that I'm really interested in and energize me. My compensation has grown during my stay here.

There is really good communications between each other and management.

The team works really well together and has been very successful.

I'm happy to be here.

Cons

IT Staffing can be a challenging business and it can be very competitive with other companies.

Advice to Management

Keep the open door policy and support for the team. It really helps.

"Great company that focuses on quality IT placement services"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Wellesley, MA

I have been working at Gardner Resources Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great team culture, hardworking colleagues you can depend on, creative financial incentives for performance, flexible work environment. Hard work and achievement of goals is rewarded.

We are frequently told by consultants that we are the best agency they have worked with - and we are proud of that. Our standard process is focused on a high level of communication, such as getting to know our consultants during the interview & placement process, and then continuing to speak frequently throughout their assignments to ensure successful projects for them and for our clients.

Cons

At times, staffing can be a difficult industry to work in. Most of the employees here get that, and we support each other through the ups and down.

Advice to Management

Continue motivating our team with both financial and recreational rewards. Focus on growing the company by considering ideas that are outside of the box.

"Flexible work environment with great earning potential"

Current Employee - Recruiting Executive in Wellesley, MA

Pros

Gardner provides a great work / life balance and you get to work and learn from smart people.

Cons

Staffing overall is just a roller coaster.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower your people and they will do great things.

"I applied for a position through Gardner Resources in August 2014."

Former Employee - Lead Applications Analyst in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Lead Applications Analyst in Boston, MA

Pros

I have found the people at Gardner Resources to be very responsive and professional. They were great to work with and found me a contract to permanent position at a great company. I appreciate all they have done in helping me transition to this wonderful opportunity.

Cons

None come to my mind.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and bringing in the right professionals to your organization. I greatly enjoyed my interactions with Gardner Resources.

8. "Challenging, fast- paced work environment with great opportunities for success."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Wellesley, MA

I have been working at Gardner Resources Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

GRC is a strong profitable company with excellent leadership that promotes employee growth. All employees have an unmatched work ethic that ensures success as a team. The management team is built from employees that have been with GRC for many years and all have a keen understanding of what it takes to reach personal and company success.

Cons

Working in a very competitive market and be difficult for those without a strong work ethic.

9. "Great company- Hard work reaps great benefits!"

Current Employee - Recruiting Executive in Wellesley, MA

I have been working at Gardner Resources Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good group of people to work with if you are a people person- we are tight knit, enjoy joking around and trying to make make work an enjoyable place to be. We work hard, play hard (regular BBQs, company outings, wiffle-ball team, occasional lobster lunch) and we are always looking for like-minded people!

Cons

The job isn't easy, but we have extensive training to help put everyone in a position to succeed. The success of the team relies on the hard work of every individual- so we all hold ourselves and each other to high standards so we can all achieve high levels of success!

Advice to Management

Great leadership to help everyone achieve both personal and professional goals. Good job of motivating our team with both financial and recreational rewards- keep it up!

"Good Place To Work"

I have been working at Gardner Resources Consulting full-time

Pros

There is a great atmosphere at Gardner. It is real team oriented, and everyone is very positive. The flexibility is great, which makes for a good work life balance.

Cons

It really is a good company to work for. Every company has items that can be worked on, but anything here is very minor.

Advice to Management

Continue to try to grow the company. Keep looking for ideas outside of the box. Continue to try to come up with new ways to help the stability and growth of the company.