Gardner-White Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Love Working for GW"

Current Employee - Customer Service/Retention and Dispatch in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Service/Retention and Dispatch in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Gardner-White part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can only speak for me. I think it's excellent starting pay. They have never been flakey on the work hours. And it's a weekly check.

Cons

Sometimes transfers are not optional. So you may end up with longer drive times however sometimes they do accommodate with pay.

Advice to Management

Management is fine but the CEO is Rachel Tromstien. I'm not sure who Steve Tracey listed below.

2. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Warren, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Warren, MI

I have been working at Gardner-White full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, ongoing training and you make what you want some sales experts make well over 100 k even a lazy person can make 600 weekly it depends on what you put into it. The company gives you every opportunity to be successful and make 100k you just have to put the work in.

Cons

Hours stink long days but if you don't have a education where else can you make 100 k

Advice to Management

Just try and remember people have lives outside of work but al in all Management is strong and knows their salt depends on their staff

3. "The sky is the limit"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Macomb, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Macomb, MI

I have been working at Gardner-White full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You're earning potential is truly what you put into it. Networking, giving a good customer experience will all provide you with an excellent income. Managers work together with the sales team constantly. We work on product knowledge and creating a positive experience for the customer and also for fellow co-workers. You can make a great income and every year you will see an increase on your pay check. If you work hard and listen you will grow and love being with this company. The best part about this job is no two days are alike and you meet a lot of great people. If you are a team player, and a people person you will do well here. You just have to have faith, determination and you will get there.

Cons

If you are not used to retail hours then this will be your biggest adjustment. Also if the store is on overflow taking a lunch is very difficult. You will need power snacks to munch on if you have sugar problems. An hour lunch break is heaven when you get it but its a rare moment.

Advice to Management

My managers are awesome and honestly I would say just keep doing what you are doing. You set a great example of patience and positive leadership abilities. You push us to reach for the stars and continue to do so. The owners are also constantly working together to make Gardner White the best atmosphere for customers to experience and also for employees.

4. "Receptionist"

Former Employee - Receptionist in Taylor, MI
    Former Employee - Receptionist in Taylor, MI

Pros

You get paid every week and the people are OK when you get to know them

Cons

There are no cons the company handles there business and they work hard

Advice to Management

Nothing

"Only good if in Management"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Brighton, MI
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Brighton, MI

I worked at Gardner-White (Less than a year)

Pros

Education of furniture. How to sell, down time is high if you hate working. Free food at sales events.

Cons

Company is a mess. Delivery. Stock. Office. Morale. Pay. Hours. Selection is tacky and low end. Styles are poof and overstuffed ugly mess. Scale is too large.

Advice to Management

Change computers. Update and make quick and simple for the employee. Pay them higher commission rate. Pay them more then fifty dollars a week. Better dental coverage. Pay them for selling your ugly cheap selection. Pay them for giving up their home life so you can continue to live with wealth. Have some compassion for the people who make your life lux! Otherwise go to Art Van people. They pay a draw. Gardner White does not.

6. "Great place to make a living!"

I have been working at Gardner-White full-time

Pros

If you are talented in sales you will make great money here. There is room for advancement also.

Cons

I would love to see an updated sales system. Hours are long but the money is pretty lucrative.

Advice to Management

Be more considerate of the employees time. We work very hard and make the company very profitable so if there are changes in the schedule there should be given ample notice.

7. "office csr"

I have been working at Gardner-White part-time

Pros

some of the managers are understanding, new computer system, most of the coworkers are friendly in office setting, free food on events.

Cons

they can't keep workers and are always hiring, part time gets no benefits it's like u working for free, salespeople are rude most of the time, shortstaffed, underpaid. though they got a new computer system it has more problems then the old one

Advice to Management

stop firing people especially if u not going to take out the time to train them properly, and setup benefits for those who are part time it's unfair. and stop underpaying your workers.

"Not for me"

Pros

Casual dress code
    Experience to add to your resume
    Health insurance

Cons

No breaks
    Minimum wage Pay
    Poor training

Advice to Management

Hire an office manager who will not gossip about other employees behind their backs and spread rumors.

9. "alot of hour required"

I have been working at Gardner-White full-time

Pros

fun place to work, they always provide good food and keep you up on training.

Cons

delivery team is a mess.

"office"

I have been working at Gardner-White full-time (More than a year)

Pros

401k , health insurance and flexible hours . Fun people to work with most days

Cons

office staff is severely under paid as well as under appreciated. Upper management (corporate) honestly has no clue what goes on day to day in an office and how chaotic it can get.

Advice to Management

spend a week or two doing and experiencing the position in all its glory then decide if your concepts and programs are appropiate