Gartner Client Partner Reviews | Glassdoor

Client Partner

3.9

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance can be much worse in some finance support roles which require uber amounts of overtime (in 67 reviews)

• Fort myers is not a great place to retain employees (in 45 reviews)

1. "Love, love, love it!"

I have been working at Gartner full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture
    The people
    Benefits
    Work-life balance
    Challenged everyday

Cons

Just like any job, it can be stressful at times

"Love Working Here!"

I have been working at Gartner full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing culture, very collaborative environment. Great benefits, great PTO, tons of career opportunities. Working with C-Level Execs.

Cons

METRICS. I love my job and my company, but it is definitely not mission over metrics here. Definitely the exact opposite. The recent focus on call activity has put CPs in a position where they have to focus on talking to more people instead of talking to the most at-risk clients.

Advice to Management

Please reevaluate the true mission of the Client Services Organization. Some of the metrics detract from what we were hired to do.

"Not all it's cracked up to be..."

I have been working at Gartner full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great salary
    Ample parking
    Decent food at the cafeteria

Cons

Young, inexperienced middle management
    "Activity for the sake of activity"mindset
    Boring day-to-day job

Advice to Management

Enough with the silly metrics that have nothing to do with actually adding value for the client.

"Great Company, Poor Metrics"

Former Employee - Client Partner in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Gartner full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Gartner truly invests in your future and try their best to promote a healthy work atmosphere.

Cons

The Client Partner metrics can be a crapshoot on a month to month basis. This can be quite frustrating, as these metrics determine how you are compensated.

"Very positive work environment."

Current Employee - Client Partner in Naples, FL
    Current Employee - Client Partner in Naples, FL

I have been working at Gartner full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Consistent feedback and opportunity for growth. Collaborative environment and healthy competition. Everyone is very friendly, and because the hiring process is behavior based, everyone gets along. Great benefits- very generous PTO.

Cons

Very metric based. Young company that promotes quickly so very young management. There is opportunity for improved processes but Gartner does a great job taking feedback from staff and applying change.

6. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Associate Client Partner
    Current Employee - Associate Client Partner

I have been working at Gartner full-time

Pros

Team building, positive & progressive environment, very motivating, and driven people all around.

Cons

Working with Account Executives can be difficult, as goals and metrics are different.

"Client partner"

Former Employee - Client Partner in Fort Myers, FL

Pros

Regular company benefits like health , 401k , vacations and such...

Cons

This is a call center position ! You will sit on your cube face down and call call and call. People think they are so fancy because they work there but let's be honest !You are a call center rep! This was the most boring job I ever had... Management absolutely terrible worse I ever had! A bunch of inexperienced girls thinking they are the best thing out there . A good manager consists of someone you can trust, that can help you develop , coach and mentor you . Super micromanaged just to show power no concern of coaching . It's either you learn on academy or you won't learn anymore . And the most important thing is if you don't fit in as far as kissing and agreeing with them and being popular you won't have a job . Cannot disagree on anything or just do your job . You have to participate on every little thing your manager asks you to do if you don't your are not a team player . Don't have friends outside of your term - or you are also not a team player . If you like to work like a puppy, micromanaged , call center rep, that talks about status, and is worried more about how you look than actually doing your job then this might be the place for you . Full of recent college grad that think they know what they are taking about , but because of lack of manager support people really do a mediocre job but as long as the client is "engaged" then you think you are a super star . People literally sit there and do nothing all day .. They might have some calls and type some emails and that's it . They pretend to be so busy but they are really not . Boring , learned nothing .

Advice to Management

Promote people that really care about being a manger and not just for status . Managers are good Leaders , coaches and someone that you inspire to be . Not someone that micromanages you by fear so you so everything they tell you like a dog. A good manager is a inspiration person - and honestly I am happy I don't have to see my previous manager again . Because I inspire to be the opposite from what this person is . Inexperience girls that walk around with their laptop pretending to be important . Ask them a question - they probably don't know the answer !!

"Revolving Door"

Former Employee - Associate Client Partner in Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Associate Client Partner in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Gartner full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good perks and work life balance

Cons

Political. All about the data not you as a person. Once they have their ROI on you. You are expendable. Was there for 4 years and left with basically the same pay.

"Client Partner"

Current Employee - Client Partner
    Current Employee - Client Partner

I have been working at Gartner full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent work life balance, plenty of PTO and managers that encourage time off rather than making you feel guilty. Very work hard, play hard. All management, even upper level and VP can be seen interacting with their teams and encouraging fun, but have high expectations and will hold their people accountable. I appreciate the push for excellence, and don't ever feel like I am being "belittled". They truly care about their people, and begin coaching from the very first interview, always bettering you and helping you meet your goals both personally and professionally. The interview process, while overwhelming and extremely intense, is there for a reason, and they truly only hire the best of the best.

Cons

The workload is intense, and not for the faint of heart. Expectations are very high, but not attainable. I am struggling to find a "con". My cons are more along the lines of things you should know before you even apply. If you cannot handle hard work, are not a self starter, and have no career ambitions, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, encouraging your teams, laughing and having fun, and supporting us through the good and the bad.

"Great Company to Work For"

I have been working at Gartner full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Gartner prides themselves on a driven, collaborative, professional, and fun corporate culture. Management knows how to motivate and encourage their team to produce results without creating a stressful environment. The benefits are among the best (20 PTO days in the first year), and they are invested in each employee. Gartner is a growing company with a bright future in IT-- the opportunities to expand your career and grow with Gartner are seemingly endless. Your creativity will be encouraged, hard work rewarded, professional skills expanded, and growth opportunities realized.

Cons

Fort Myers is not the most exciting city to have as the headquarters.