80% would recommend to a friend
(6904 total reviews)
91% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great for people who are up for a challenge and want to make a difference." (in 593 reviews)
- "Work life balance is good because you don't work that much." (in 513 reviews)
- "The good side is that the benefits are great and comp is great." (in 496 reviews)
- "It's great to be a part of a growth business with a positive culture and great ambitions." (in 481 reviews)
- "Amazing Team— training was great!" (in 237 reviews)
- "Management is poor and lie to you" (in 319 reviews)
- "you can not trust anyone and I mean anyone (some do get lucky with a good manager but they are very rare)" (in 229 reviews)
- "Senior leadership is not very communicative or transparent" (in 141 reviews)
- "Old org with lots of middle management and systems are lacking to help sales get more done which can be a pro because there is no tracking of activities but overall it's a con because you can't get what you done accomplished in a timely manner" (in 59 reviews)
- "Senior management are often not the best people for those positions" (in 57 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Gartner and is not affected by filters.
Found 6,904 of over 7K reviews
Updated Nov 30, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Nov 28, 2023Account Executive SMBFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsFort Myers, FL
Company benefits and market experience was great. Lots of potential opportunities for growth
Office politics as with any large organization makes it difficult to navigate promotions.
- 5.0Sep 15, 2023Business Development ExecutiveCurrent EmployeeFort Myers, FL
Smartest people I’ve ever worked with. Everyone here is truly intelligent and brings something special to Gartner. The pay structure, benefits and bonuses are outstanding. Relocation bonus was a huge plus starting out. Gartner is highly respected, so even just being employed here is a huge accomplishment on its own. Opens up doors for you in life.
Work life balance - in this role you aren’t done at 5. I mean you can be, but your effort will reflect where you end up in the stack rankings. Top performers here are constantly working. This job is very difficult. Many reps come as top performers in their previous roles and fine it difficult to get caught up. Very long sales cycles - some take up to a year Market conditions are not great, so the technology end users are really holding on to their pockets and Gartner hasn’t responded well with their strict pricing and limited billing options. Currently ranked 4th hardest in the world for interviews. Very accurate to say the least. Study hard and expect you may be rejected the first time. Don’t give up!4
- 2.0Oct 2, 2023Account ExecutiveCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
I would likely give Gartner a 2.5 star review but that wasn’t an option so I did 2 stars. I’ve been with the company for almost 3 years. The training was great and I have to say I enjoy the collaboration with co-workers. Lots of smart colleagues. Gartner is kind of like a paint by numbers. You do get to learn a lot of great sales skills - take what works for you, challenge yourself, and the rest leave behind.
New manager every year - that’s not good. Current manager only cares about themself and nothing else. They say they want to help to make the team’s jobs easier with tasks they can take care but when ask for help to getting leadership approval on x, y, or z - the manager is useless. Also, the manager is demoralizing and doesn’t understand how to communicate with the team. “Paint by numbers” type sales can be a con - we get trained certain ways. Honestly - there is a lot of great information that is provided by upper management but problem is current manager wants a replica of themself. That is not how you build a successful sales team.7
- 5.0Sep 21, 2023Client ExecutiveCurrent Employee, more than 8 years
I’ve worked for Gartner for several years and it’s an exceptional company to work for. Highly collaborative environment where people genuinely care about each other’s success. Ability to run and treat your client portfolio like a business. Innovation can happen at any level of the organization- not strictly top down. Gartner is a leader in the industry and recognized by executive leadership teams and boards of directors as reputable, unbiased, advisory services that helps their organization make mission critical decisions with confidence. We’re well paid, given the tools to do our jobs , provided opportunities for continuous learning and development, and have plenty of room for career growth. I’m in my 7th role in 10 years.
Our core product is being carved into role based pieces and price points are too high for our midsize customers’ budgets. Our mid market clients are typically leaner and folks wear many hats. Salaries are often lower and Gartner licensing can be close to and in some cases more than the cost of an FTE.3
- 3.0Oct 12, 2023Area Vice PresidentFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsSanta Clara, CA
I was at Gartner for over 10 years. I left as a VP of Sales after working my way up from the bottom. Gartner has great brand awareness--it is the best of the best in their industry.
Unfortunately, as the company has grown, internally the company is rife with the traditional, "the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing". Research and advisory teams are in no way aligned with sales, HR is aligned with nobody, product is non existent--legal is spent putting out fires all over the place. For a company that has one of their biggest lines of business advising CHRO's, I've never seen a more dysfunctional HR department--I think they're highly under resourced. I'm proud to have worked there, but standards slipped mightily during the pandemic and there is a lot of dead weight. But because the aforementioned HR issues, expect to pick up a lot of your coworkers jobs--because they make it impossible to terminate somebody for performance.5
- 5.0Nov 24, 2023Managing Vice PresidentCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsRaleigh, NC
The level of talent is incredible. The ability to learn something new everyday through our research. Flexibility to work where you want.
Comp levels are fine. Mix of centralized and decentralized decision making.
- 5.0Nov 14, 2023Account ExecutiveCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsRosslyn, VA
Winning team and leadership amazing benefits to support family or individual Funds to further develop your career
Pay time off flexibility depends on your performance for end of year1
Gartner Reviews FAQs
Gartner has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 7,461 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at Gartner to a friend and 78% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
80% of Gartner employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Gartner 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.