Cover image for Gartner
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Gartner Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Updated Dec 5, 2021

4.0
Gartner CEO and Director Gene Hall
Gene Hall
3,638 Ratings

What people are saying about Gartner

Join the conversation on

Consulting

1m

works at

Gartner

I’m 20 and been working for a year at Gartner already. Should I stop considering going to college at this point?

43 Comments

Consulting

435.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/consulting/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Gartner~2465
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Gartner? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Gartner employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great for people who are up for a challenge and want to make a difference.(in 530 reviews)
  • "Work life balance is good because you don't work that much.(in 433 reviews)
  • "It's great to be a part of a growth business with a positive culture and great ambitions.(in 423 reviews)
  • "The good side is that the benefits are great and comp is great.(in 402 reviews)
  • "Great Training (although you aren't flown out to the U.S like other tech companies e.g.(in 229 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Gartner and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good Company

Jan 29, 2021 - Customer Success Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Work Life Balance is great working from home

Cons

Very Data Oriented and they dont consider different circumstances

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Everything you see on GlassDoor is accurate

Oct 8, 2018 - Account Manager in Fort Myers, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you get good accounts, you can have an amazing experience. If you get a good manager, you can learn a ton. If you’re good, there’s opportunity for growth. Can be low pressure if you don’t care. Not a heavy workload. Flex hours. Work from home once a week (if your manager doesn’t take it away). Can have pretty cool clients.

Cons

Your entire experience depends on your manager and your book of business. If you get a bad manager, good luck because you’re gonna need it. Everything you read is true: it’s a frat house and all your contacts are cold. Managers expect you to lie so don’t come here is you care about integrity. They barely care about renewals - all they look for is growth and new accounts. Renewals are 100% your responsibility. Even if research or the analysts make a mistake, you’re going to be the one taking a hit. Even if a company goes out of business, you take the hit. Even if we stop covering their space, you take the hit. Even if they were lied to and told they’d be in research by the original sales person, you take the hit. For a tech advisory company, they have awful sales tech - no CRM to know what’s happened previously with prospects or clients. Don’t know if people are going on the Gartner site, clicking on emails from marketing, etc. Theres generally 5-6 males for every female (I was the only one on my team for awhile) and a large majority white. On top of that, most people I know goes to therapy because the role makes them feel like such a failure. Don’t plan to stay more that an year or so. Turnover is ridiculously high and they’re not doing much to try and slow it. You may be reading this and think - but I’m different, I’ve succeeded at everything I’ve done. That’s what I thought too. Even with therapy, I’ll be leaving with a hard hit to my confidence.

Continue reading
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

VP

Dec 10, 2019 -  in Stamford, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Incredibly talented analysts and executive partners. Benefits are okay (not the best). Vacation is great, Although, I do not know of anyone in the four years that I worked at Gartner who used all annual leave, other than MVPs, GVPs, SVPs. Work from home if you are an analyst or executive partner is a significant perk.

Cons

Revolving door of great talent. Cumbersome metrics drive bad behavior that often impact customer experience (Negative). Senior management are out of touch with customer needs. Many long standing analysts and executive partners lack modern skills/experience to advice customers in practical ways - starting to feel very academic. Gene Hall has created a culture that is working against him. His senior leadership team are full of old ex-McKinsey leaders who love operations but lack innovation. They look at analysts and executive partners as white collar craft workers often drawing analogies to auto line workers in the era of Henry Ford. All this to say employees are cogs in a machine and work the line. Sales leadership in GBS needs to go. Horrible churn of sales talent and incompetent management.

Continue reading
    17 people found this review helpful
  5. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Don’t work here

Mar 29, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Laid back management and get to work from home

Cons

Work/life balance. Culture. Workload. Everything else, work somewhere else

4 people found this review helpful
  6. 4.0
    Current Employee

Account Manager Review

Aug 29, 2020 - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work schedule and work from home

Cons

Corporate environment makes the culture frustrating

Be the first to find this review helpful