Gary D. Nelson Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

Gary D. Nelson Associates Reviews

Updated Sep 5, 2018

Found 5 reviews

3.7
  1. "Highly talented team in the North Bay"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Santa Rosa, CA

I have been working at Gary D. Nelson Associates full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

N&A provides a culture of collaboration and team work. Every client and candidate we touch is treated respectfully. The internal staff that I have worked with over the years exemplify the company’s core values of Excellence, Integrity, Empathy and Innovation

Cons

No real cons to mention since you determine your own success or failures.

Advice to Management

Keep finding the best talent to work with.

Gary D. Nelson Associates2014-09-05
  2. "Great place to learn and grow!"

I have been working at Gary D. Nelson Associates full-time

Pros

Collaborative environment, no corporate hierarchy - everyone is treated like a team player and is expected to contribute

Cons

Effort to enhance technology could be made.

Gary D. Nelson Associates2018-09-05
  3. "Sales Manager"

I worked at Gary D. Nelson Associates

Pros

As an organization they have a rather flat org chart, so getting to know the CEO, CIO, CFO, other VP's including the owner of the company is rather easy. They have a family atmosphere, not to ridged, not a bunch of suits running around with their catch phrase of the week. The Nelson's are a great family and Gary Nelson is a great man. He would without a doubt give the shirt off of his own back. They have the flexibility...

Cons

We went through several CEO's throughout the time I was there and all left for different reasons. I wouldn't be surprised if the company sold to a larger organization rather than trying to find the right leader. Because they are small, they tend to be less formal, and don't really hold people accountable. There are poor performers who will not be let go because they have a certain 'protection' and then others that...

Advice to Management

Take a closer look at the operations as a whole. Make sure you are putting the right resources in the right places to move each branch forward and therefore the entire company forward. Stick with a CEO that is conservative, smart and not looking to change the company but rather continue with what is going right. There is no need for huge infrastructure changes. Improve communication between corporate to the branch.

Gary D. Nelson Associates2016-08-31
  4. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lima, OH

Pros

Rewarding work with clients in public sector, always something new and different. Perfect for someone who likes research and problem solving.

Cons

Traveling several days a week to meet with clients is not for everyone. A billable hours environment is not for everyone.

Gary D. Nelson Associates2015-06-13
  5. "Ditches You When You Request for More Information"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Gary D. Nelson Associates full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Placed on an assignment, no problems with getting weekly paycheck.

Cons

When they have a request of you, they expect you to get back to them asap. When you ask them for a request, they ignore you. It seems all to common and my case is no exception, but they never ever contact you after you get placed on an assignment. Weekly/periodic calls were suggested to "check up" on me after I'd been on an assignment for over one year, but the calls were a bad attempt at seemingly like they cared.

Advice to Management

Hire better recruiters.

Gary D. Nelson Associates2014-01-13