Gateway Church Reviews | Glassdoor

Gateway Church Reviews

Found 52 reviews

4.3
Pros
  • "Incredible work environment and awesome people(in 6 reviews)

• "Pray at work, great people to work with, being a part of something amazing to serve the kingdom of God(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no cons to this job from my time being there(in 3 reviews)

• "(in 2 reviews)

1. "Positive and friendly culture"

Former Employee - Children's Service Worker in Southlake, TX

I worked at Gateway Church part-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Great people, Fair pay, the culture

Cons

In the childcare, it was hard to get enough hours some weeks

Gateway Church2019-02-11
  2. "Initially Amazing, Became Frustrating and Mentally Draining"

Former Employee - Cafe Barista in Southlake, TX

I worked at Gateway Church part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

As my first job, I was able to work on my work ethic and learn a ton about coffee and customer service. I did get paid above minimum wage and was able to increase that pay as I continued to advance from Attendant to Certified Barista. Most of the people you work with on the same level as you are absolutely incredible and friendly. In my time working there prior to summer 2018, I hardly noticed any major disputes between...

Cons

Hands down, the worst aspect about the job was the upper management (not including direct café-to-café managers) making the job 10x more difficult than it needed to be. They constantly forgot to order things we needed on a weekly basis, overrode any direct management's or shift lead's authority if they didn't like it, and had absolutely atrocious communication between themselves and our team. There's also very little...

Advice to Management

Actually listen to the team members that allow you to have the job you have in the first place. Don't always say yes on our behalf to provide event services on such short notices (this happened more than once), especially if you don't know if we have enough resources or available team members to execute such services effectively. Also, if there are team members who prove to be problems for the rest of the team, don't...

Gateway Church2019-03-11
  3. "AMAZING (kids)"

Current Employee - Teacher/Emcee in Frisco, TX

I have been working at Gateway Church part-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Everyone is truly there to love on kids and build them up in their relationship with Jesus it is incredible to watch!!

Cons

There are no cons to this job from my time being there. The staff is great, being with the kids is amazing, and they say you $10 just to be there and play with kids while hanging out with your friends.

Advice to Management

Doing a great job!

Gateway Church2019-01-31
  4. "Great culture"

I worked at Gateway Church full-time

Pros

Tons of personal development courses, programs, and materials throughout the organization. Everyone meets for all-staff meetings regularly which develops a strong culture of growth.

Cons

Not a very merit-based workplace. Hard to climb the ladder with just good performance if you don't have connections.

Advice to Management

Provide more internal promotion opportunities to motivate employees better.

Gateway Church2018-07-03

"Praying It Gets Better"

I worked at Gateway Church full-time

Pros

The heart of the ministry is to take care of the people who work there. Depending on who you work for you can find support if you need it and they're willing to help you grow in whatever capacity you're willing to. I really do believe that they want you to feel valued.

Cons

Despite striving for the best and working for good culture... There's way too much transition, gossip, slander, backbiting, and religious pride for it to truly be a healthy work environment. Sometimes coming from the top down.

Advice to Management

Stop it. These problems can be fixed. Go back to the basics and just be like Jesus.

Gateway Church2018-06-04
  6. "Great place to learn, grow, and pour out!"

Former Employee - Child Care Worker

I worked at Gateway Church part-time

Pros

Minimal necessary hours with opportunity for more. Adequate pay for the job done. Compassion and understanding for necessary time off. Is willing to train. Cares about your personal well-being. High energy. Impacting children’s lives.

Cons

Must work weekends (obviously) Inconsistenty in the rules enforced between locations. 25 maximum hours. Lots of out pouring (which is expected) Too few people trained for platform.

Gateway Church2018-04-30
  7. "I love working for gateway. This is by far my favorite job."

Current Employee - Housekeeper in Grand Prairie, TX

I have been working at Gateway Church full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

They are very hands on and loving. They love to pour into you and help you grow in your job and in life. Management is very graceful and forgiving. The people are just amazing. Truely a family.

Cons

You don't have much privacy about your life. They want to know everything and be involved with everything in your life. I'm more of a personal, keep to myself person. So to me its extremely frustrating.

Advice to Management

Try to see things more from our angle. The job is very repetitive but it also is a lot to do and takes time. We are truely trying to do our Best.

Gateway Church2018-04-16
  8. "Children's Ministry Service Supervisor"

I worked at Gateway Church part-time

Pros

Great work environment & great people to work with.

Cons

You work every weekend. You can't normally attend events because you are working them,. Sometimes you are required to work all services if there is no staff.

Advice to Management

Make sure the children's workers get to go to service every weekend. It started to affect my spiritual walk, and ended up in me resigning.

Gateway Church2018-01-29
  9. "Great Working Environment"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Southlake, TX

I worked at Gateway Church full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Gateway is very people focused.

Cons

Not really a con, but don't assume because this is a church that they're not just people too. By far the best working environment I've ever been a part of.

Gateway Church2018-01-09

"Literally the Best"

Current Employee - Associate in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Gateway Church full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Full benefits Laid back atmosphere Great people

Cons

You lose your weekends if you are a pastor

Gateway Church2018-01-05