Gateway Group One Reviews | Glassdoor

Kurus Elavia

1. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Gateway Group One full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The CEO and Dr. Dennis Gross are amazing in every way. East Coast Regional Sales manager is the only reason, the midwest, east coast field Account Executives/coordinators are still with the company.

Cons

National Sales Director has no idea what she's doing. She is fake and can not make anyone respect her with her condescending ways.

Advice to Management

Listen to your field team, they are in the trenches every day. They know what works and what doesn't.

"There is no longevity here......"

I have been working at Gateway Group One full-time

Pros

Co-Worker.... Let me elaborate. If you are lucky enough to work with a fine set of individuals, that'll be the only thing to look forward to.

Cons

Almost everything. There may not be one thing (aside from what I have listed in the Pros) that isn't a con.

Advice to Management

Show more appreciation to your employees, whether corporate or in the field.

3. "Salary and benefits"

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative

I have been working at Gateway Group One full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Compared to other contractors at JFK airport, it pays the highest starting rate of $13.15 hourly. Also, an employee is sure to get 40+ hrs per week

Cons

No pay increase in the 4 years I've been working for the company. I heard some senior employees who said that they've working 6+ years and they haven't got any increase in the hourly rate. There are no health, retirement, 401k benefits, either.

Advice to Management

None

5. "CCR"

I have been working at Gateway Group One part-time

Pros

I love my job. I get to talk to passangers all day. My shift goes by so fast.

Cons

Standing for 8 hours but you'll be fine once you get the right shoes

"A great place to learn and gain experience in customer service"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Gateway Group One full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone here is warm and extremely helpful. If you're looking for a place to start your career in customer service, this is for you. You get to assist passengers from all walks of life.

Cons

If you're not ok with standing for long hours, this is not the job for you.

7. "Taxi Dispatcher"

Current Employee - Taxi Dispatcher in La Guardia Airport, NY
    Current Employee - Taxi Dispatcher in La Guardia Airport, NY

I have been working at Gateway Group One full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you want to work with a diverse group of people this is the place for you!!! There are locations at all the airports: JFK, La Guardia, Newark, as well as the Port Authority Bus Station where you will interact with passengers and taxi drivers from all over the world and all walks of life. If you enjoy helping people you will be more than satisfied working here.

Cons

Because the nationalities, upbringings, and cultures are so diverse, this at many times creates clashes where taxi drivers often argue and sometimes fight amongst themselves, us taxi dispatchers, and sometimes even the customers! There is a lot of mismanagement when it comes to scheduling, and sometimes pay. You have to be on call at first, which can last months before you gain a steady shift. No health/medical benefits. Rigid schedules. Less Benefits than other companies in the airport like buddy passes, or even having a normal Port Authority ID. Glass Ceiling on advancement

Advice to Management

Needs to be more team oriented. Placing value in the employees will make them place value on everything else.

8. "taxi dispatcher"

Current Employee - ATD in John F Kennedy Airport, NY
    Current Employee - ATD in John F Kennedy Airport, NY

Pros

you get a pay check .

Cons

very unprofessional, favoritism showed towards Latino workers, managers and supervisors sleeping with employees, managers doesn't know how to do scheduling properly because if they did there wouldn't be workers getting schedules then getting them taken back due to a error on managements part and left on on call/part time after coming to company as full-time.

Advice to Management

focus more on the job and not on relations with your employees, play close attention to supervisors who are dirty too( taking bribes from drivers)

9. "Family oriented company"

Pros

The entire company, including the owner/CEO is available and has an open door policy. Upward mobility opportunities are plentiful

Cons

Pay for entry level is pretty low and which hurts turnover rate. Hard to find good help with such low pay.

Advice to Management

Consider pay raises for employees on a regular basis. This will save money in the long run by not having to train new employees regularly

10. "Disappointing..."

Current Employee - Security Officer in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Newark, NJ

Pros

We are unionized. Thanks to 32BJ, we get pay raises, health, dental, vision, and vacation. Before 32BJ, security officers had to hope that site managers were able to get all that approved in the contacts with clients. Site Managers just stuck with the bare minimum to keep clients happy and paying less.

Cons

Low pay. As a security guard, there is no promotion available. So if you are trying to grow and advance to the next level, good luck. Asking for reassignment is impossible. They tell you they will but I'm now going on 2yrs of waiting. Site Managers barely answer your text. Requesting more or new uniforms is impossible. I'm wearing a sweater with holes that I had to personally stitch close. Compliance officers are suppose to check all uniforms, make sure we look professional, clean, and have all identification but all they do is sign the log book. When i first started in 2010, this job was great. Now, it is the worst job ever. Floaters are not professional. Always looking a mess and not caring about policy.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring everyone that walks off the streets looking for work. If you paided better, you would find officers that will actually do there jobs instead of slacking off and causing you to lose accounts. You have a few good officers looking correct gateway and make it successfully again but your to blind to notice it.

11. "Gateway group one"

Pros

Great place to start in airport

Cons

Everyone starts part time and on call