Gateway Ticketing Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Gateway Ticketing Systems Reviews

Updated Aug 7, 2019

Found 33 reviews

3.5
Gateway Ticketing Systems CEO 	Michael Andre (no image)
Michael Andre

"Coming here was the best career decision I've made"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilbertsville, PA

I have been working at Gateway Ticketing Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I feel respected and appreciated for what I do, to me this is the biggest Pro there can be. The benefits are equal to or better to what I have found at other employers. Plenty of PTO and flexible scheduling to allow for work-life balance and I feel there is definitely a family first attitude.

Cons

I feel that operationally sometimes we can't get out of our own way and that there can be too many spoons in the soup. I'd also argue that there isn't enough understanding internally for what our customers go through. Of course that does also work both ways, but at the end of the day "The Customer is Always Right". These are minor critiques though and I would gladly deal with this in exchange for what I feel is... the best place I have worked in my career.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you do to make a great place better.

Gateway Ticketing Systems2018-10-10

"Former employee"

Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Gateway Ticketing Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Casual attire and free beverages

Cons

Out dated technologies. Some managers need training on managing people

Gateway Ticketing Systems2019-05-06

"Make sure you know what you're getting into here"

I have been working at Gateway Ticketing Systems full-time

Pros

Most people here are great. The building is also nice. They're in a very interesting industry space. There are other good aspects especially for certain roles.

Cons

Be cautious and make sure you ask details about your role, how you'll be evaluated, how decisions are made that will affect you, and how aligned are the different departments. Transparency is great at the company level, you always know how we're doing. On the other hand, decisions and issues happening right above you in the hierarchy are absolutely not transparent. And that affects your day to day much more.... The departments are not well aligned on goals,processes, and direction. There is a lot of friction and politics between the different groups for a company so small. You definitely feel an "us and them" vibe all around. It takes a lot of energy to get a decision made and even more to make sure you're in the loop if that decision changes... especially at the 11th hour. The Product department says they're agile but they are most certainly waterfall from what I've seen. Don't be blinded by the best places to work in PA marker, ask questions during the interview.

Advice to Management

Get out of your own way. High level executives need to get out of the weeds and let the staff succeed and learn.. give them direction and trust. Make sure your departments aren't forming silos and warring with each other. Get decisions made and enforced without having to go through an exorbitant number of hops through the hierarchy. A ton of great potential to be tapped so I'm still hopeful.

Gateway Ticketing Systems2018-11-30

"great place to work, not stable employement"

Former Employee - Csr1 in Gilbertsville, PA

I worked at Gateway Ticketing Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

great place to work, super friendly atmosphere, transparent company

Cons

periodic layoffs, department and job times liable to shift

Gateway Ticketing Systems2018-09-30

"Small Town Company, Big Time Culture"

Current Employee - Automated Test Engineer in Gilbertsville, PA

I have been working at Gateway Ticketing Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

 Location – Commuting from the Reading area made for a much shorter commute than what I was doing before. This translated into: • More time with family. • Less wear and tear on car and gas consumption. • No more Turnpike tolls.  Facility – Beautiful building in Gilbertsville, PA. overlooking a church and open fields. Facility also has an onsite gym available. Overall, the facility promotes a very cheerful... and healthy environment.  People – I was very pleasantly surprised how friendly everyone was when I started. People went out of their way to say hello and introduce themselves and get to know you. This is something that is often lost in bigger companies.  Industry/Application – The flagship application is highly configurable and flexible as it is used by customers in the attraction industry in many different ways. This lends itself to a higher learning curve. But you are paired with senior staff and sufficient training is provided. Everyone is also generally very helpful in the training process. So, if you like to learn, you will be learning something new every day. IT staff is fantastic and get you up and running in no time.  Compensation • Salary within market reference range for the position, area, and experience. • Benefits are on par with industry. There is a 401k matching program in place and Health Savings Account is offered. It is a small company, so health plan benefits may not be as comprehensive as it would be with larger company offerings. But in my situation, the premium and coverage differences were not drastic. And the company is continually looking to improve their offerings to its employees.  Work/Life Balance – The company really supports a good work/life balance. For my position, the company offers work from home opportunities up to 2 days/week.  Work Environment • Open communication and highly collaborative environment. • Highly transparent in terms of company direction, goals, and finances. • Less politics at play than in larger companies. • Ownership and Management are very approachable and care for their people.  Social – People are friendly and down to earth. It is not uncommon for people to be hanging out together after work hours. There are many events that are planned throughout the year such as summer barbecues, and rather unique company sponsored outings such as: Reading Phillies game, Hershey Park, and Christmas party. Outings are always well-coordinated and Fun!! At this company, you work hard but you play hard too. And the way that ownership and management show their appreciation by offering these events/outings to their employees and their families, goes a long way in making this a great place to work.

Cons

 Really nitpicking here, but there is no tuition reimbursement program.

Advice to Management

 Stay a private company.  Consider offering tuition reimbursement for qualified programs. This may assist staff in staying up to date on technologies and in their professional growth in general.  Maintain, if not improve upon, the current company culture because it is rarely found in companies today.

Gateway Ticketing Systems2018-09-03

"Operations"

I worked at Gateway Ticketing Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great and fun atmosphere; everyone was very friendly and made coming to work enjoyable

Cons

Some managers were difficult to work with

Gateway Ticketing Systems2018-03-29

"Great, challenging place to work."

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Gilbertsville, PA

Pros

Beautiful new building. Place is full of great, smart people. Interesting industry, great customers. Very friendly, familial atmosphere. Middle management is particularly strong. As a developer, work is interesting and challenging.

Cons

Really hard to think of any. Maybe the lunch room is too cold? :-)

Advice to Management

Keep trusting people and see a thousand flowers bloom.

Gateway Ticketing Systems2017-12-09

"Great place to work with a relaxed atmosphere"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilbertsville, PA

I have been working at Gateway Ticketing Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

They have really fostered a corporate attitude of people that care, and it shows on many levels. Besides the great teamwork and attitude of most everyone I have worked with at Gateway, one of the many little things that really stands out to me is having a relaxed office attitude including being dog friendly. I never thought I could occasionally bring my dog to work with me, and while that seems like a small thing,... it really is great!

Cons

They promote so quickly from the entry level support roles, it can cause a little confusion.

Gateway Ticketing Systems2017-12-08

"Human Resources is not HUMAN."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boyertown, PA

Pros

The company culture is great and I would recommend this company to anyone. Flex time - perfect. Salary - Perfect. Benefits - Perfect.

Cons

Human resources team - not so perfect. When you send in your application there is no call back. I recommended an ex-colleague for a job where the person I was recommending was a great fit. My reference was not hired which is absolutely fine but there was no communication saying we've received your resume or even a first screening calling - nothing. Not the first time they've done this, this is strike 2 for me.... For a candidate that is anxiously awaiting some response it is a real disappointment when the company is incommunicado, especially when the resume came with an internal recommendation.

Advice to Management

Light a fire under HR so they are proactive.

Gateway Ticketing Systems2017-11-02

Gateway Ticketing Systems Response

November 3, 2017HR Manager

All candidates who successfully complete the application process receive an email communication from us. Once the application is received, the hiring manager reviews it and notification of status is provided to the applicant. Additionally, we have an employee referral process, as our employees make the best referrals. The process is initiated by the successful completion of the application in our recruitment system.

"Not terrible, not great"

I worked at Gateway Ticketing Systems full-time

Pros

I worked at this company for several years and there are a lot of great people who worked there (some still do). The new location is really nice and helped get rid of a lot of problems at the old one (like parking!). Flexible work time is nice, and most benefits are okay. Some newer people were a breath of fresh air.

Cons

Now a family owned company, so you really have to make sure that those people like you. This wasn't as bad when the company was owned by a few people but has gotten a lot worse in the last year. Definitely a place where you have to watch your step. A lot of new people have come in over the past few years, but a lot of the good ones didn't stay. Other comments people made about women are pretty fair. If you're... a woman and some people don't like you, it's like watching Mean Girls. Working with the technology is difficult and it's hard to learn. There wasn't much effort to improve the quality when I was there and too much finger pointing when issues came up. It would probably take less time to just fix the problems.

Advice to Management

Too much time spent making goals and having reviews. All of that administrative time could be used to fix problems. Don't spend so much time worried about logging time and work on taking care of things that matter. Change the negative culture and motivate the employees.

Gateway Ticketing Systems2017-10-01