Gazprom Marketing & Trading Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Gazprom Marketing & Trading CEO Vitaly Vasiliev
Vitaly Vasiliev

1. "Great place to work"

I worked at Gazprom Marketing & Trading full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

GMT gives people an excellent opportunity to work in global energy markets. Management give employees room to continually find ways to be innovative and contribute to the team.

Cons

The work can be stressful as there is always a lot of change happening and the organization continues to grow. Management tries to keep everyone informed but sometimes it does feel like they could do more.

Advice to Management

Continue to try to over communicate. Find more opportunities for people to develop as professionals. Work on building high trust relationships with employees.

2. "Times of Transition"

I have been working at Gazprom Marketing & Trading full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Young talented co-workers striving to develop in uncertain times
    -Ability to own small projects and work across departments to deliver change
    -Great location for commuting and nice offices
    -Good bonuses in certain departments

Cons

-Recent organisational restructure has reversed some of the good changes made over the last few years (lots of knowledge lost)
    -Politically driven promotion/reward rather than teamwork and hard effort
    -Toxic working environment due to redundancies and others just leaving
    -No personal development in over 3 years of working there (except 1 day's worth of training when setting up new department)

Advice to Management

-Stop making decisions based on politics and short term deliverables
    -Listen and appreciate those who work the hard yards rather than those making the fluffy presentations -who really put it together?

Jun 26, 2017 – Manager

Thank you for your comments. At GM&T the development of our employees is extremely important to us. While it is up to each individual in conjunction with their line manager, to drive their own ... More

"Soul Crashing Nightmare"

Former Employee - Quantitative Analyst in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Quantitative Analyst in London, England (UK)

I worked at Gazprom Marketing & Trading full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very serious IT infrastructure. Good work-life balance.

Cons

Oppresive, bureacratic and boring. Massive layoffs without a clear reason.

Advice to Management

Have a clearer view of what the company wants to be. Value and respect your employees. Don't hire people when you are planning massive lay-offs.

Jun 19, 2017 – Manager

Thank you for your comments. GM&T went through a corporate restructuring towards the end of 2016. This was to ensure we had the right organisational framework to continue to succeed in the ... More

4. "Good people."

Former Employee - Analyst in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Analyst in London, England (UK)

I worked at Gazprom Marketing & Trading full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people, everyone really gets on with each other. Very easy to collaborate with other people. Great office and working environment.

Cons

Could do more to further promote and support employees in personal development. Some departments are better at doing this than others.

Advice to Management

Management are good, look to promote within.

May 22, 2017 – Manager

Thank you for your post. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience at GM&T. Our colleagues are integral to our success, so it’s great to hear your thoughts on why you liked working at ... More

5. "Keeping an open mind"

I have been working at Gazprom Marketing & Trading full-time

Pros

Historically I have found this to be a fun and dynamic place to work. Success in the earlier years led to a good vibe and a positive outlook. However...a recent major re-org has put a major spanner in the works (see Cons)

Cons

The recent restructure has been badly handled, leading to confusion, fear and stress amongst staff. 180 staff were made redundant. The legacy of that has been a distinct lack of direction, a feeling that the re-org was rushed and not thought through and a lot of staff unhappy with the structure of their "new" teams. I get the feeling that there will be more of this head and that things will get worse before they get better.

Advice to Management

PLEASE take the time to get a feel for how your staff are coping post re-org. There is so much discontent and unhappiness around that you clearly wither can't sense or chose to ignore. Get a clear direction and COMMUNICATE it. Where is this clear path we are following? Also, please don't always blame failure on those below management...look at what teams are the unhappiest and perhaps that's because they have a failing manager/boss?!

May 16, 2017 – Manager

Thank you for sharing your views. As you know, our organisation has recently implemented a new operating model. This is an important step in achieving our vision. Whilst this did, unfortunately ... More

"..."

Pros

Nice offices In a great part of London. Friendly, sociable employees. Interesting work in a faced faced environment.

Cons

Generally those who moan the most seem to get the promotions and pay rises over those who just want their commitment to work acknowledged.

7. "Great experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Gazprom Marketing & Trading full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Young, vibrant, exciting, great corporate events

Cons

Some cultural peculiarities and politics

8. "Good company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Gazprom Marketing & Trading (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people were friendly and helpful

Cons

Politcs sometimes got in the way

9. "Very happy at GM&T"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Gazprom Marketing & Trading (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work hard and you'll be rewarded
    Talent is recognised - career progression
    Great offices & location

Cons

Too much red tape eg needing approval for the smallest requests
    Hierarchy can be a problem both with your own colleagues in GMT and our Parent Company until you form a relationship with them - this can take ages to do

Advice to Management

Great company to work for - it helps working in a department that is lively and fun and of course having a great boss helps.
    Sometimes I feel that the people that were made redundant shouldn't have been - don't think management thought this through and the impact this would have on those that were fortunate enough to stay. Still picking up the pieces 4 months later.

"Re-forming"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Gazprom Marketing & Trading full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very talented colleagues who are a pleasure to work with. Pretty good benefits. Fast-paced and interesting work.

Cons

Organisation is currently re-forming after the recent restructure and is in a state of flux. Planning is challenging and communications from senior management are vague and lack in frequency. Self-managing at the moment, which can be difficult and frustrating.

Advice to Management

Please communicate more effectively with staff about changes and how we can contribute to strategic priorities.