Geisinger Administrative Assistant Reviews | Glassdoor

Geisinger Administrative Assistant Reviews

Found 3 reviews

4.9
Geisinger CEO Jaewon Ryu, M.D., J.D.
Jaewon Ryu, M.D., J.D.
  1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Danville, PA

I have been working at Geisinger full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work/life balance, awesome management, feel very supported and inspired, diverse responsibilities, very approachable supervisors

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

None

Geisinger2018-10-20

"Awesome Organization to Work For"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

I have been working at Geisinger full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

I just celebrated my 17th year with Geisinger and cannot imagine working anywhere else! They have great benefits that include tuition reimbursement. Without that I would not be in school for my bachelor's degree.

Cons

I keep looking at jobs that I will be qualified for when I finish my degree, but they all require x amount of years experience in addition to the degree. When I finish my degree, I'm afraid I won't be able to advance because I don't have the experience part.

Advice to Management

Have management look at overall experience a person has when hiring for positions. With 17 years of working for this organization, I have unique knowledge that someone from the outside would not have even if the had worked in the position for years at another company.

Geisinger2018-08-29

Geisinger Response

September 12, 2018Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Congratulations on 17 years with us! At Geisinger we think that your career here can have a lasting impact, and your experience is a testament to that belief. We’re glad that you’ve been able to take advantage of the benefits we offer ...

"External candidates win!"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Danville, PA

I have been working at Geisinger full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Great company to work for, excellent benefits, competitive pay and continued improvement across organization

Cons

Very little opportunity to grow career once you are in a position. External candidates are always chosen over internal candidates with many years experience.

Advice to Management

Prioritize internal candidates for hiring, given the dedication and years of experience. Geisinger has invested a lot of money in my education, I am dedicated and loyal to the mission and values, yet, recruiting minimizes my capabilities without allowing management to consider me first.

Geisinger2017-11-24