Gelia Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Gelia Reviews

Updated Sep 7, 2019

4.3
Gelia CEO Jamey Phipps (no image)
Jamey Phipps
  1. "Quality Company to Work For"

Former Employee - Accountant Intern in Williamsville, NY

I worked at Gelia part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The pros are: Good work environment Supportive coworkers and environment Dedicated workers and smart management

Cons

No real downsides I can think of, I had a good experience here

Gelia2019-05-07
  2. "Old school"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Gelia full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent Family and work balance

Cons

The executive leadership are old school. They are not open to new ideas or improvements.

Gelia2019-09-07
  3. "A great culture that inspires great work"

Current Employee - Vice President in Williamsville, NY

I have been working at Gelia full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There's many reasons we have so many who have been working here for 10-20+ years. The opportunity to do great work in a great work environment within a successful, growing business with a leader you can truly believe in seems rare these days. When you find that, you know you have something special.

Cons

There's a couple months of the year I get a bit jealous of the folks in our NC office and their 70 degree and sunny days. But I still love being in Buffalo.

Gelia2019-04-04
  4. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Gelia full-time for less than a year

Pros

Once you join Gelia, you are immediately part of the family. Management takes care to make sure everyone brought on is set up to succeed. There is consideration to each individual employee to best layout a growth path so they can continue to reach their overall goals. Gelia not only wants you to be happy at work - they want you to be happy in your life, which is why they prioritize work life balance. Another pro to working at Gelia is the culture. Part of their mission is knowing the best work is ahead of us. Due to this, they are very open to innovation and improvements. No matter what level you are at - you have a say. There are regular check ins with employees to speak up about possible areas of improvement, and those are taken seriously and encouraged to be brought up. I recommend for anyone to work at Gelia. Even just visiting the office once, the above points speak louder than I can in a review. If you're looking for a place that will challenge you, help you grow as an individual, and consider you as part of your family, you can stop your search now.

Cons

None to comment on

5. "Came back for more"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Williamsville, NY

I have been working at Gelia full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I worked at Gelia for nearly 4 years before my first child was born. I returned to work in a different field after an extended maternity leave, but when an opportunity presented itself to return to Gelia, I jumped at the chance. My colleagues are smart, funny, driven people with a unique balance between working hard, staying humble and making time for what is important outside of work. The work we do keeps you on your toes, always learning, always growing and striving to be better every day.

Cons

Beyond the little grumbles nearly everyone experiences in a work environment, there is nothing that would deter me from taking a job here again and again.

Gelia2019-04-02
  6. "Smart, Strategic Work"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Gelia full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great work-life balance - Leadership that cares about employees - Trusted with ownership of projects both by clients and internally - Involvement with innovative and strategic work

Cons

Nothing to comment on here.

Gelia2019-04-01
  7. "Growth-minded and opportunistic culture"

Current Employee - Director in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Gelia full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Always looking to grow; support from leadership is tangible and impactful; work/life balance is a real thing

Cons

Growing pains are normal and actively addressed

Gelia2019-03-29
  8. "Growing company with great culture and work-life balance"

Current Employee - Account Supervisor in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Gelia full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Opportunities for personal growth -Working on innovative projects -Large amount of responsibly and ownership

Cons

Nothing to add in this section

Gelia2019-03-29
  9. "Large Clients/Outdated Tech"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive

I have been working at Gelia full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Gelia has larger, more established clients that allow you to manage many different types of projects and dive deep into your client's organization and industry. Since it's a smaller company, you have more responsibility and visibility to leadership both inside the organization and in the client's organization. There are many opportunities to learn and grow within your role, especially with the type of work clients need. Flexible work environment. You do not have to work outside of office hours (8:30a - 5p) unless you choose to - work/life balance is good and encouraged. Supportive supervisor.

Cons

The technology and project management software is outdated and inconvenient, especially when needing to work remotely or travel for clients. More structure and processes are needed.

Gelia2019-04-08
  10. "Great place to work with lots of opportunities to be successful"

Current Employee - Account Services in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Gelia full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

- Diversity of clients within our roster; good balance between B2C and B2B - Opportunity to do work at a local, regional, national and even at a global level - Leadership has a plan that will ensure continued success - Doesn't work with clients on project-by-project basis; establishes us as more of a strategic partner

Cons

- Like every marketing communications agency Gelia does experience some growing pains as we continue to evolve based on the needs of our clients and on the ever changing communication's landscape

Found 16 reviews