Geller & Company Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.6
Martin J. Geller

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Geller & Company employs some great people, their snacks and coffee selection are great, great benefits, 401K matching (in 7 reviews)

• Nice people, fiendly work environment (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Impossible to have work/life balance because of the gross inefficiencies across the board (in 9 reviews)

• Senior management has constantly shifting priorities and lack of planning leads to last minute deadlines on a daily basis (in 5 reviews)

1. "Internship"

Current Employee - Intern - Hourly in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Intern - Hourly in New York, NY

I have been working at Geller & Company (More than a year)

Pros

Great exposure and good people, productive enviroment

Cons

Internship may lack structure, low pay for intern in comparison to other companies

Advice to Management

Keep it up

"Be Prepared"

I have been working at Geller & Company full-time

Pros

I started working here even though I read all of the reviews of the company thinking it can't be that bad. Hey look at the office and the work environment, it looks pretty, you get food and snacks all the time, and the salary and benefits are amazing. Ranging from a good health insurance, FSA/HSA, 401k and etc.
    The people are usually nice and you get to work with some smart guys.
    I want to point out that I got a good WLB, and was able to work from home a day a week and take time if I needed.

Cons

It's only when you start getting deeply in that you realize how this place is run and how bad it is. Believe every review you read here, the management of this company is one of the worse I have ever seen. No vision of what needs to be done, no employee trust or empowerment. It is all about power struggles and pettiness. How can I cover my own and be vindictive.
    No place to grow and take responsibility.
    I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

Advice to Management

Be more aware to your employees.

"Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Geller & Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Perks include learning about a global company and ever changing environment. A fully stocked pantry, monthly celebrations for birthdays and work anniversaries. Relatively diverse group of employees

Cons

Lack of growth within the company, Feedback for improving culture was ignored. Changes in org were never communicated properly. Each team did not get the company benefits equally as it was left to the team director to decide

"Awful place to work for"

I have been working at Geller & Company full-time

Pros

snacks and 401K. Benefits are good.

Cons

Management have their own cliques. If they dont like you they conspire against you and make it difficult to work for accross all departments. Accounting, payroll, com, tax.

Advice to Management

Appreciate hard work and less about your own social life.

"(Mis)management by Fire Drill"

I have been working at Geller & Company full-time

Pros

Good benefits, great snacks. People on client site are nice to work with.

Cons

Company is so disorganized it's fire drill after fire drill. Senior management has constantly shifting priorities and lack of planning leads to last minute deadlines on a daily basis. Impossible to have work/life balance because of the gross inefficiencies across the board. Management has poor leadership skills that creates a toxic and hostile culture. They lure you in with the opportunity to make a real impact on the business but there is no support or direction to facilitate that.

Advice to Management

Management needs training to learn how to manage effectively and manage through teamwork rather than fear. The culture seems to be so ingrained I don't know if it's possible to make meaningful change without clearing house and starting from scratch. The good people leave and if they stay they are unmotivated and have one foot out the door. Take care of your employees and create an atmosphere of trust and respect.

6. "nice"

Pros

nice environment nice food, friendly people greaet palce to intern

Cons

nthing everyone is friendly there

Advice to Management

let interns do more, give them more benfits

7. "Good solid job, not a lot of growth prospects"

I worked at Geller & Company full-time

Pros

Great group of people to work with, smart,

Cons

not a lot of growth prospects

8. "Tax"

I worked at Geller & Company full-time

Pros

Great snacks. Flexible team. Not much upward mobility.

Cons

Very fast pace team. Need to multitask.

"Whos next?"

I worked at Geller & Company full-time

Pros

The snack bar is always filled, sometimes theres free lunch

Cons

The team i worked on averaged one turnover a month, either with people leaving for another job or getting terminated. After two years and over 20 people later i I decided it was my time. What really did it for me was one coworker who had worked there for 10+ years got fired because she placed her child as priority number one. Her work was still completed on time, however most of the management on the team have no families to go home to, so they treat this job as their life. Additionally as we all got called into a room to talk about the termination, the managers were sitting around joking about bowling. Very disrespectful. This is not a pleasant work environment, bad morale, I'm really glad I left. Forgot to mention that with all these turnovers our team had extra work on our plates during my whole duration.

Advice to Management

Ive seen numerous posts with "good reviews" where management is stating that this environment is difficult for entry level personnel to succeed in. What does that ultimately say? You're never going to get promoted here.

"Former employee"

Pros

Good compensation. Excellent benefits. Diverse hiring practices. Clean offices. Snacks? Really? Every place offers snacks today. That's really about it.

Cons

Poor leadership, terrible work life balance, upper Management is disconnected from the workers, not a collaborative atmosphere, your back will be stabbed, poor career trajectory, boring office and boring people, zero culture. Working here is like dying a slow death. Can hardly say it added to my career.

Advice to Management

Won't even waste my time providing constructive feedback as upper Managent projects disinterest in their people. They talk a good game, but you will not be supported when it counts. They do not care about their people outside of a select chosen few that have been there forever. You deserve and have earned every bit of poor feedback on here. That's about the only thing management has achieved.