GenMark Diagnostics Reviews

Updated Apr 29, 2021

2.9
GenMark Diagnostics President and CEO Scott Mendel
Scott Mendel
Pros
  • "Bagel Wednesday/Free soda/Free food at quarterly meeting(in 9 reviews)

• "Free Soda, Lot of nice friendly people(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "High turnover rate as well so it's hard to get long-term goals accomplished when the people you coordinate with leave every 6-18 months(in 9 reviews)

• "Small company and has its growing pains(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

Apr 25, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

great culture, loving team, creative respectful people!

Cons

I don't see any cons

2. 3.0

Work Life Balance

Apr 29, 2021 - Process Engineer in Carlsbad, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are amazing and there are some really excellent managers and directors. Scott, the CEO, can't be beat. This company is very lucky to have him, he is the epitome of lead by example and definitely one of the sharpest tools in the shed. He inspires everyone who works with him to work as a team to solve problems and drives people to be highly effective.

Cons

Work.Life.Balance. If you like working more than 40 hours a week then this is the place for you. Rarely does anyone work 40 hours or less. Many people even work when they are on vacation (although it's not expected of anyone) but with so many workaholics in the office it sets the standard. Knowing all the overtime is going towards producing life saving diagnostic tests makes it a bit easier though. Working to make a positive impact in patient lives and patient outcomes is very rewarding.

3. 4.0

Great team

Apr 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Collaboration, Ingenuity, technology, sense of ownership

Cons

Low salary, difficult to move up

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

kickstart your career here

Apr 9, 2021 - Research Assistant in Carlsbad, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

A good place to work, with lovely colleagues and nice working environment.

Cons

Location, and accommodation nearby might be a problem

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work and investing in the future

Jan 5, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

GenMark builds solid products that solve the most critical diagnostic needs in the market today and is continually investing in the future. The company was one of the first in the world that delivered a diagnostic test for COVID-19 during the pandemic, proving that even as a small company, they can pivot quickly and meet the changing needs of the market. There’s a strong start-up feel and very collaborative working environment and culture at GenMark.

Cons

Still around 500 employees so does not have some of the benefits of a larger company

Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for your feedback and positive words. It is our mission to become the market leader in providing high value, simple to perform, clinically relevant multiplexed molecular tests to aid in the diagnosis of disease and the selection of dosing therapies. We strive everyday to enhance patient care and reduce the total cost of care while focusing on a culture that allows our employees to deliver such amazing results.

6. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good people, not good management

Feb 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Technology that can save lives. Most of the people are great to work with

Cons

No regular covid testing for employees, little concern for workers from the SLT. They are only interested in profits. Favortism, it doesn't matter if you are good at your job if you are not liked by people making decisions. people are micromanaged, and supervisors and managers are undermined by higher ups. No trust

2 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for your feedback. The health and safety of our employees is our top priority during these unique and difficult times. We have made vaccinations readily available for all employees and are one of the few in San Diego who have had on-site clinics for everyone in the community. Our Leadership values every member of GenMark and remains focused on providing products that enhance patient care above all else. We encourage you to review your specific situation with your Manager or HR Business Partner. Thank you for all you are doing!!

7. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Easy to learn

Jan 9, 2021 - Manufacturing Technician in Carlsbad, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The machines Are easy to run

Cons

Unnecessary drama, favoritism. If you're part of the circle you advance further

2 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for all that you do and for your insights. As we continue to grow we will remain focused our our core values and beliefs fostering an environment of collaboration, innovation and maturation. We appreciate all that you do and your continued feedback to help become the employer of choice here in San Diego.

8. 1.0
      Former Employee

Poor management - micromanaging and not trusting employees

Mar 17, 2021 - Graduate Research Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good technology for diagnostics, good benefits

Cons

Poor management - micromanaging and not trusting employees

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

good place to work

Feb 25, 2021 - Technician in Vista, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

free soda , good pay

Cons

bad administration and non comunication with employees

Talent Acquisition Partner

We appreciate the time you dedicated to GenMark and your thoughts. As we continue to navigate the unprecedented growth in our company's history, we remain focused on providing training and increased communication to all our employees. GenMark is committed to living our core beliefs each and everyday and enhancing the employee experience.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Review

Oct 29, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Have to travel long distance

Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for feedback and more importantly your commitment to GenMark. "Great people" are who drive our culture and continuously pushes up forward. We are so grateful for you and everyone who contributes to our continued success.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 97 Reviews