Gene B. Glick Company Reviews

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Gene B. Glick Company President & CEO David O. Barrett
David O. Barrett

1. Featured Review

"One of the best residential property management companies"

I have been working at Gene B. Glick Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked for the Gene B Glick Company for over 15 years. The training programs are top-notch; and policies and procedures are in place to help you do your job. There is always someone to go to with questions or when assistance is needed. I feel a strong sense of camaraderie with my co-workers.

Cons

Seems like we are still experiencing "growing pains" through some changes. Although many are good changes, it does take some time to adjust and work the kinks out. It is still better than most property management companies.

Advice to Management

Communication is key. Employees handle changes better when they understand why the changes are being put in place.

2. "Property Manager"

Current Employee - Property Manager
    Current Employee - Property Manager

I have been working at Gene B. Glick Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for! I believe that Gene B. Glick really cares about their employees. They provide great benefits and good pay and the corporate office is very supportive.

Cons

Mostly Section 8 properties which are difficult to manage.

3. "Maintenance"

Current Employee - Maintenance Tech
    Current Employee - Maintenance Tech

I have been working at Gene B. Glick Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work provided daily, eight hours Monday thru Friday rotate on call and Saturdays with other Maint. Techs. Work at your own pace as a rule at low peak times.

Cons

During Peak time Work loads increase, Tensions run high. Pay does not equal having to be a electrician, plumber, painter, carpenter, grounds keeper, roofer & what ever else they want you to do.

Advice to Management

Take care of those who take care of you. Pay for knowledge. You get what you pay for. If you want to have & keep good help Pay them what they are worth.

"Service Tech Nightmare"

I worked at Gene B. Glick Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

plenty of overtime available / required. their checks do not bounce and are always on time.

Cons

there are 2 ways to advance, get your fellow employees fired or just survive at the job longest. there is about a 9 month turn around for employees so they are always looking for help.

Advice to Management

stop listening to corporate. clean up and repair should also include replace. follow your own rules. make the site manager live on site. stop using only skeleton crews when "on call duties" are required.

"Mixed Review"

Pros

The company has done a lot in the past year to improve company morale and increase it's company presence in the community with a number of volunteer efforts. These are great events for great causes. There a lot of great perks, Colts tickets to the Glick suite, free access to the gym, they encourage a healthy lifestyle with dollars to employees for healthy numbers on their yearly health screenings.

Cons

There is still an unhealthy atmosphere of distrust and suspicion amongst a segment of employees. Favoritism in management is still a problem. There is a childish mindset of if you are in with the right group you can do no wrong. And there are number of managers who are still just rude and disrespectful in the way they treat their employees.

Advice to Management

Listen to consistent feedback about managers who mistreat their people and hold those managers accountable for making changes. There should be no untouchables, whether these be employees or managers who mistreat their employees.

"Assistant Property Manager"

Pros

great pay and good coworkers

Cons

too much work load--keeps getting worse

8. "Learned alot over all"

I worked at Gene B. Glick Company full-time

Pros

Corporate training is helpful and extensive

Cons

Poor communication sometimes between corporate and site level management

"Corporate Office"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

I enjoy working at Gene B. Glick. The company treats it's employees well. I appreciate the profit sharing, PTO, volunteer days, corporate outings and other things that the company does for it's employees. I'm provided with all the tools I need to do my job efficiently and effectively.

Cons

I don't have any cons.

"Never Been Happier - Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Gene B. Glick Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Generous pay, 401k with excellent match, great insurance, paid work out time/classes, regular company events that are fun, flexible schedule, open to new ideas, etc.

Cons

Lots of employees have been around for many years and their opinion is not to be questioned. Many are "in the family" and can do no wrong.

Advice to Management

Review and evaluate positions based on work, not who knows who or who has been around the longest. Besides that, keep up the good work. Excellent place to work and lots of fun involved with the hard work. Look forward to many more happy years at the company.

"Extraordinary Career"

Pros

I'm a long term employee and can't even imagine working for another company. The benefit are outstanding, the pay extremely generous and the corporate culture is one of caring. The company tries to promote from within whenever possible so there are many opportunities available for those with ambition. The core values of the company are in line with my personal values so I feel right at home with this company. Everyone in upper management is very approachable and genuinely cares about their employees.

Cons

I would love to see administrative training for maintenance personnel. This would include Word, Excel and Email.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the site employees as the input should be extremely valuable in helping our company formulate policies and procedures going forward that benefit those on the front line.

RSS Feed </> Embed