Gene B. Glick Company Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Gene B. Glick Company President & CEO David O. Barrett
David O. Barrett

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great Benefits, company always looking to improve (in 16 reviews)

• Established company; good benefits; good health incentives; great training program (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Some disconnect between corporate office and property sites (in 5 reviews)

• There's also a lot of back stabbing (in 3 reviews)

1. "Pool Attendant"

I worked at Gene B. Glick Company part-time

Pros

Good pay
    Got to work outside
    Relatively stress free

Cons

Hard to give one for this position

2. "Mixed Feelings"

Former Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Lorton, VA
    Former Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Lorton, VA

I worked at Gene B. Glick Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great benefits
    -Upper management is good but clueless about certain aspects of the day to day operation of the actual properties
    -Great training

Cons

As stated; upper management is clueless regarding the actual day-to-day operations and has unrealistic expectations.

Advice to Management

Observe the day-to-day operations to determine what would be the best time of year to assign major projects with time restraints.

3. "Leasing Consultant"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Gene B. Glick Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company itself has great benefits and opportunities for bonuses. Their training process was very detailed and fun.

Cons

While the company overall is great, it all depends on the property you are at. Management at my particular property was very clique-y, leaving the newer employees to feel left out and awkward. It also seemed to me that fair housing was broken often at my particular property (i.e. one family getting evicted for unauthorized occupants, while others were knowingly allowed to stay even with their unauthorized occupants). This is just one of MANY examples of fair housing issues I witnessed. Additionally, there was a lot of back and forth on the way certain policies and procedures should be done. Their training program has changed over the years and it seems some of the seasoned employees either did not want to change their ways, or were not properly re-trained. I often was told something was the right one day and it was wrong the next. This was very frustrating as second guessing myself made if difficult to do my best. Overall, I never felt like I was truly a part of the team at my property due to the cliques formed by management.

Advice to Management

Make sure your property managers, resident relations managers/coordinators, and leasing managers are involving and encouraging lower level employees in order to foster a feeling of team unity. Re-train more seasoned employees so that there is consistency on procedures and policies. Make sure your employees (especially management) are following Fair Housing Laws. This is huge as it could cause a huge lawsuit if caught/reported.

Gene B. Glick Company Response

Feb 13, 2018 – Senior Employee Relations Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review on Glassdoor. We are pleased to see that you were happy with the benefits, bonuses, and training available. We take great pride in offering the... More

4. "Recently Participated in Onboarding and New Hire Training"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Muskegon, MI
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Muskegon, MI

I have been working at Gene B. Glick Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is refreshing to work for a company that is willing to invest its time and efforts into its new employees by offering training to help them better do the job they are expected to do.

Cons

It has been a challenge making time to complete some of the online training courses by the required date(s).

Advice to Management

I'm too new to really offer any thoughts or advice.

5. ""Our Business is Family""

Current Employee - Regional Property Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Property Manager

I have been working at Gene B. Glick Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This year, corporate employees received a year end token of appreciation from David Barrett (CEO). It was a very nice Nike pullover. While on the outside it may just been seen as any other Glick shirt, to me, it shows that I matter, am appreciated and am valued. I was 20 years old when I started with Glick. For the past almost 14 years, Glick has been all I've know. When I think about my career and my accomplishments, I cannot help but have this extreme sense of pride. While it was me that put in the hard work, it was the Glick Company who believed in me, invested in me and rewarded my hard work and dedication. The Gene B Glick Company leads from the top, sets high expectations for us and does not settle for 2nd best. I am so thankful to work for a company who creates a work environment that not only tells us, but also shows us how much we are appreciated.

I personally wrote David an email thanking him for this small token of appreciation, in which he took time to generate a very kind response. One statement in particular really stood out to me. He said, " We don't use the "Our Business is Family" slogan often, but it's really important to me." Throughout my Glick career, I have truly felt like family.

Cons

We work hard.....BUT it's rewarding!!

Advice to Management

Continue to care, continue to strive to lead the industry, continue to invest in our employees!

6. "Great company"

Current Employee - Maintenance Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Maintenance Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Gene B. Glick Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits, company always looking to improve. Cares about their employees

Cons

The company is large. Sometimes hard to know everyone

7. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Service Coordinator in Racine, WI
    Current Employee - Service Coordinator in Racine, WI

I have been working at Gene B. Glick Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Glick is very invested in their company. I have never worked for a place that sent me to another state to job shadow and then sent me to a different state for an "Onboarding Training." They have a great benefits package and retirement plan. They treat all of their employees with respect. Everyone goes through the same training. All Corporate employees are extremely nice and reachable.

Cons

Can't think of anything at the moment.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. This is a great company to work for and I don't plan on leaving anytime soon!

8. "Management"

I have been working at Gene B. Glick Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunity to serve and help residents. Great employee pay and benefits.

Cons

If you are not within 50 miles of corporate office, contribution by employees can be overlooked.

Advice to Management

Get involved in actively seeing what goes on outside of Marion County.

"Invested in employees & encourages growth!"

Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Mishawaka, IN
    Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Mishawaka, IN

I have been working at Gene B. Glick Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Gene B. Glick is extremely invested in their employees. Anyone from the corporate office is reachable and is always happy to help. Glick truly cares, and gives back to local communities. Competitive pay & great benefits. Since working for Gene B. Glick, I have been able to purchase a new vehicle, receive a rental discount, and truly grow professionally, as I was promoted within nine months of being with the company. I cannot say enough great things about the training department! They are ALWAYS happy to help you grow and will provide you with all of the resources that you need. When visiting the home office, they place you in a luxurious hotel with ample shopping and dining around, which shows that they are very invested in their employees!

Cons

I cannot think of any cons about this company!

Advice to Management

Upgrading homes as much as possible would be extremely beneficial to our residents. We have a beautiful community that was clearly built with care that residents are genuinely proud to call home. If they could get updates, this would make them even happier!

"They care about there workers"

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Hammond, IN
    Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Hammond, IN

I have been working at Gene B. Glick Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They want there Employees to do there best at making there residents feel wanted. They give there Employees the materials to get the job done right.

Cons

There isn't a bad thing to say about Gene B. Glick