Gene B. Glick Company Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Gene B. Glick Company President & CEO David O. Barrett
David O. Barrett

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great Benefits, company always looking to improve" (in 14 reviews)

• "Established company; good benefits; good health incentives; great training program" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "some disconnect between sites and corporate office" (in 7 reviews)

• "There are no cons associated with this Company" (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Gene B. Glick - A Caring Company"

Current Employee - Regional Portfolio Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Portfolio Manager

I have been working at Gene B. Glick Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love working for the Gene B. Glick Company because they truly care about the employees, and the people we serve. There is an environment that allows open, collaborative communication. Everyone is encouraged to create and participate in a positive way. It's not just about doing things "right", but also in doing the "right" things.

Cons

The expectations are high, but there are a lot of support and training opportunities available.

Advice to Management

We are truly lucky to have fabulous leaders in this company, but because we have properties spread out in multiple states, clear communication can be a challenge. We need to continue to keep this as a focus.

2. "Regional Property Manager"

I have been working at Gene B. Glick Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

After working with this company for a few years, I can genuinely support the mission and values behind this organization. With a synergetic work environment, our teamwork-based structure allows for every employee to provide input and brainstorm on projects. Glick has its roots in the Indiana community, and these sentiments still resonate with leadership today. Organizational leadership understands that engagement is necessary in a forward-thinking organization, as leadership has established platforms for employees to voice their ideas. Since my tenure here, leadership has frequently changed policies and procedures to accommodate the needs of the employee whether you are in the corporate office or out on-site. In addition, the work life balance provided by Glick is spectacular, which has personally helped me through this stage of my career. Glick is committed to not only developing their employees, but the community as a whole.

Cons

As with most expanding organizations, the current Information Technology systems (IT) has met a crossroads between functionality and practicality. The organization is working toward facilitating IT systems that will be indicative of the organization expansion, as for the moment, it takes a significant amount of time to cypher through current IT systems. Nonetheless, the information accessible to employees is comprehensive, and allows for employees to access what they need to be successful.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow and cultivate the culture of a collaborative organization. There has been a lot of positive changes since I’ve been with the company and which need to continue to happen to make us an organization that attracts top tier talent, with a focus on social responsibility.

3. "One of the better property management companies"

Current Employee - Property Manager
    Current Employee - Property Manager

I have been working at Gene B. Glick Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

-proactive employee retention
    -training opportunities
    -advancement opportunities
    -great 401k
    -philanthropic employer
    -providing affordable housing to people who need it
    -job security

Cons

some disconnect between sites and corporate office

4. "Home Office is a Great Place to Work"

I worked at Gene B. Glick Company full-time

Pros

Company cares and you can build lasting relationships

Cons

I have no cons at this time

5. "Maintenance Tech"

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Gene B. Glick Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Depends on the location. Their properties run the gamut from Section 8 to $3k per month. Overall, it's a small but steady income w/decent benefits.

Cons

Their motto is "Golf course green, hospital clean", and that has a nice ring to it, but in reality this property management company doesn't manage it's employees or it's properties very well. Your happiness in this role will be 75% dependent on your supervisor and 25% dependent on the property you're at. Consider both before you decide to work here.

Advice to Management

Listen to the feedback you are so certain to collect from your employees Some of us get a warm, fuzzy feeling when we receive your frequent emails asking for feedback...until we realize you are ignoring the replies (even if they include illegal and discriminatory behavior). From a liability perspective, it's also probably not a great idea to create a recordable forum for whistle-blowers if you plan on retaliating against them.

Gene B. Glick Company Response

Sep 25, 2018 – Senior Employee Relations Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review on Glassdoor. We are sorry you were not satisfied with your experience. The Gene B. Glick Company is committed to providing customer service of... More

6. "Assistant Property Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager

I have been working at Gene B. Glick Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I could totally write a book about all of the pros for working with this company. To share just a bit, recently I had family member that became ill and needed assistance. This relative did not reside in my city. I went through the channels and inquired about relocating to assist as best as I could. I was given the opportunity to transfer within the company! It's these values that make Gene B Glick such an amazing place to work, as well as live! This company shows it's employees on a daily basis how important we all are to the overall success of the company, and that they truly do care!

Cons

I do not have any cons to list for this company.

Advice to Management

Please keep up the amazing work. You make your employees feel important!

Gene B. Glick Company Response

Aug 17, 2018 – Senior Employee Relations Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for the Gene B. Glick Company on Glassdoor. We are pleased to hear that your transfer within the company assisted you with your family situation. At... More

7. "Excellent Company"

I have been working at Gene B. Glick Company full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Glick offers great benefits, with competitive salaries. Glick offers a vast variety of opportunities in employment in multiple states! Glick has a strong leadership who exemplifies their Mission Statement and Customer Service program to all of their customers!

Cons

With the continuous growth within the organization, communication will need to continue to be at the forefront with the employees. Glick has focused on this initiative and it has truly paid off in the employees eyes, and foresee this to continue in the future!

8. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I worked at Gene B. Glick Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits and excellent company to work for.

Cons

The On call/snow removal

Advice to Management

N/A

9. "Fianncial Analyst"

I worked at Gene B. Glick Company full-time

Pros

The people and environment are top of the line.

Cons

There is little room for advancement

Advice to Management

Invest in your younger employees.

10. "Property Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Gene B. Glick Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is an amazing company. Benefits, pay, training, etc.

Cons

I have no cons at this time