KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Gene B. Glick Company President and  CEO David O. Barrett
David O. Barrett
Talk anonymously with Real Estate professionals

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The benefits are great and the company goes to great lengths to keep our healthcare costs down.(in 22 reviews)
  • "Pay was good but not enough to warrant the headaches and stress that came along with the workload.(in 17 reviews)
  • "the pay rates are good, decent training for new employees but not conducted frequently enough considering the rate of turnover they have(in 9 reviews)
  • "There are many opportunities to advance in the company.(in 6 reviews)
  • "All Corporate employees are extremely nice and reachable.(in 6 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Gene B. Glick Company and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years
    Featured Review

High quality company

Oct 12, 2021 - Maintenance Supervisor in Fort Wayne, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

After 25 years with the company I am still amazed at the very high (gold standards) that we continue to achieve year after year. As other companies are either failing or staying stagnant, we are growing at a fast pace. There has to be a reason for that and I believe it is our high standards that we set for ourselves as a company. A large part of our success is that the company hires individuals who stand out in their chosen fields and who are dedicated to their craft. Serving people are what we are dedicated to achieving. Teamwork is not just another word, Teamwork here means going the extra mile to help others, whether it is your property or going to help out at sister properties. I work in the field and I know that I can pick up the phone and call anyone in the company for help and they are very happy to assist with a smile on their face. The home office team at glick are truly amazing people . I could never imagine working for any other company as it would be a large step down in standards.

Cons

You must enjoy people and hard work and dedication, if not, don't apply here.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company

Feb 25, 2022 - Assistant Property Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Monday-Friday Minimal Stress Office Job Great Benefits- 401k plan is spectacular

Cons

Sick time is included in PTO No unpaid time off

3. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Toxic environment

Mar 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is good and job is easy.

Cons

Maintenance are a dime a dozen and most slack off. Your boss will constantly throw you under the bus for their incompetence.

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Love the Culture

Feb 21, 2022 - Office Assistant in Evansville, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company that offers a lot of pride in saying you are part of the Glick Family. They do a lot in the communities they have a footprint in. Good benefits, and many start right away. Are even available to part time employees. A solid company with a good background that you can trust will be around. Great growth opportunities.

Cons

There were no downsides other than my own personal problem that caused me to have to step down. I was very sad to leave. Manager worked hard to help me be able to stay.

5. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

It’s decent

Feb 24, 2022 - Leasing Consultant in Mishawaka, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Commission, bonuses, family oriented, vacation time, benefits

Cons

Hours changed based on time of year and work Saturday’s

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Maintenance Technician

Feb 12, 2022 - Maintenance Technician in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, great lower management, good coworkers, PTO generous, training, great medical, actually helps the community.

Cons

Upper management can be slight micromanaging, Challenging tenants, on call phone/hours are long and stressful

7. 5.0

Excellent Company

Jan 18, 2022 - Certified Tax Specialist in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company provides excellent homes for the low income communities.

Cons

There is limited growth potential

8. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Disconnect From What Company Says It Is and How It Acts

Jan 27, 2022 - Office Assistant in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Allows time for exercise at nearby gym. Monthly communications of policies to the company. Forum for acknowledging accomplishments of people and teams.

Cons

Favoritism Management has difficulty accepting honest feedback that does not agree with their mindset. Company culture difficult to break in to unless you share the same thinking/likes/dislikes of a particular person or group. Hiring and promotions highly influenced by who you rub elbows with instead of a mix of skill sets and personality fit.

Gene B. Glick Company Response

Employee Relations Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on Glassdoor. We are pleased that you enjoy the fit time, monthly communications and our recognition initiatives. We are disheartened by your comments regarding favoritism and what influences hiring and promotion practices. Glick strives to hire and promote those individuals who have continually demonstrated excellence in their field of expertise. We use many avenues to solicit feedback from team members through pulse surveys, stay interviews, exit interviews and more, to identify weaknesses in the company and share that feedback with the appropriate department heads. While we can’t always take action on suggestions and recommendations given, we utilize the feedback to identify areas of opportunity for future initiatives. We will continue to solicit feedback to recognize where we have room to grow and improve. We would like to speak with you further regarding your concerns and learn more on how we can improve as an organization. We hope that you will contact us at HR@glickco.com or 317-469-5862 to speak with a member of our Human Resources team so we may discuss your feedback in further detail. Thank you again for your comments. The Glick HR Team

9. 3.0
    Current Employee

They have their ups and downs

Jan 25, 2022 - Property Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

3 weeks vacation a year

Cons

poor work life balance at times

10. 5.0

Great place to work

Jan 10, 2022 - Service Coordinator in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive environment with freedom to be creative in assisting our residents.

Cons

Working within the standards requirements of HUD for Service Coordinators.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 174 Reviews

Gene B. Glick Company Reviews FAQs

Gene B. Glick Company has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 175 reviews left anonymously by employees. 90% of employees would recommend working at Gene B. Glick Company to a friend and 96% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Gene B. Glick Company employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Gene B. Glick Company. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

90% of Gene B. Glick Company employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Gene B. Glick Company 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Gene B. Glick Company to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Gene B. Glick Company Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Gene B. Glick Company? Share Your Experiences

Gene B. Glick Company Careers

Cover image for Gene B. Glick Company

Our Values Our company’s reputation was built on founder Gene Glick’s dedication to integrity, quality construction, excellent service and...More

• Culture
  • Philanthropy

Company Updates

53 days ago

Company News
GLICK AT 75: ROUNDING THE CORNER ON A CENTURY OF EXCELLENCE In 2022, our company celebrates a milestone that few companies ever achieve: our 75th year in business! Click here to read a letter about our anniversary from David Barrett, President and CEO: https://bit.ly/3Iu0urS
Shared image - Glick at 75: Rounding the corner on a century of excellence - The Glick Company
Glick at 75: Rounding the corner on a century of excellence - The Glick Company
www.genebglick.com

146 days ago

Company News
Every year since 2017, the Gene B. Glick Company celebrates one team member and one apartment community that go above and beyond in helping fulfill the core value of social responsibility. This year, the winners of the Glick Cares Award are individual winner Ana Candelario, Property Manager at Carriage House Virginia Beach, and community winner Cambridge Square Muncie. With the recognition comes a monetary gift for the winners to direct to a nonprofit of their choice. Earlier this year, Ana worked proactively to build a relationship with the local United Way. As a result, Ana was able to secure $33,000 in rental assistance covering the entire balance owed of 21 residents. “I am just doing what I can to help our residents and the property,” said Ana. Ana has a spirit of service. She speaks so highly of the residents and community she serves. Ana has made her Glick community a better place to live through her efforts to ensure residents have financial stability and her commitment to residents needs beyond traditional property management operations. Ana makes her community an amazin
Shared image - 2021 Glick Cares Winners - The Glick Company
2021 Glick Cares Winners - The Glick Company
www.genebglick.com

Gene B. Glick Company Photos

+ Add Photo
Gene B. Glick Company photo of: Glick Employee participating in United Way Central Indiana's "Over the Edge" Campaign
Gene B. Glick Company photo of: Team Glick delivering fresh produce to Fairington South Bend
Gene B. Glick Company photo of: Glick Cares
Gene B. Glick Company photo of: National Apartment Association's #Apartmentalize Conference in Chicago
Gene B. Glick Company photo of: 2021 Midwest Multifamily Conference