Gene B. Glick Company Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Gene B. Glick Company President & CEO David O. Barrett
David O. Barrett

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great Benefits, company always looking to improve" (in 14 reviews)

• "Established company; good benefits; good health incentives; great training program" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "If you are not within 50 miles of corporate office, contribution by employees can be overlooked" (in 6 reviews)

• "There are no cons associated with this Company" (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Gene B. Glick - A Caring Company"

Current Employee - Regional Portfolio Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Portfolio Manager

I have been working at Gene B. Glick Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love working for the Gene B. Glick Company because they truly care about the employees, and the people we serve. There is an environment that allows open, collaborative communication. Everyone is encouraged to create and participate in a positive way. It's not just about doing things "right", but also in doing the "right" things.

Cons

The expectations are high, but there are a lot of support and training opportunities available.

Advice to Management

We are truly lucky to have fabulous leaders in this company, but because we have properties spread out in multiple states, clear communication can be a challenge. We need to continue to keep this as a focus.

2. "Assistant Property Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager

I have been working at Gene B. Glick Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I could totally write a book about all of the pros for working with this company. To share just a bit, recently I had family member that became ill and needed assistance. This relative did not reside in my city. I went through the channels and inquired about relocating to assist as best as I could. I was given the opportunity to transfer within the company! It's these values that make Gene B Glick such an amazing place to work, as well as live! This company shows it's employees on a daily basis how important we all are to the overall success of the company, and that they truly do care!

Cons

I do not have any cons to list for this company.

Advice to Management

Please keep up the amazing work. You make your employees feel important!

Aug 17, 2018 – Senior Employee Relations Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for the Gene B. Glick Company on Glassdoor. We are pleased to hear that your transfer within the company assisted you with your family situation. At... More

3. "Excellent Company"

I have been working at Gene B. Glick Company full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Glick offers great benefits, with competitive salaries. Glick offers a vast variety of opportunities in employment in multiple states! Glick has a strong leadership who exemplifies their Mission Statement and Customer Service program to all of their customers!

Cons

With the continuous growth within the organization, communication will need to continue to be at the forefront with the employees. Glick has focused on this initiative and it has truly paid off in the employees eyes, and foresee this to continue in the future!

4. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I worked at Gene B. Glick Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits and excellent company to work for.

Cons

The On call/snow removal

Advice to Management

N/A

5. "Fianncial Analyst"

I worked at Gene B. Glick Company full-time

Pros

The people and environment are top of the line.

Cons

There is little room for advancement

Advice to Management

Invest in your younger employees.

6. "Property Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Gene B. Glick Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is an amazing company. Benefits, pay, training, etc.

Cons

I have no cons at this time

7. "Maintenance technician"

Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in New Albany, IN
    Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in New Albany, IN

I worked at Gene B. Glick Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very good employer. Good benefits

Cons

No short term disability offered to new hires.

Advice to Management

Benefits information printed in a workbook or manual for easy reference would be much more convenient than searching online or in the company website .

May 4, 2018 – Senior Employee Relations Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on Glassdoor. We pride ourselves in the competitive benefits package we are able to offer employees, which does include the ability to elect... More

8. "Great place to work!!"

I have been working at Gene B. Glick Company full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Glick really embraces a true family culture for a mid-size company. A robust benefits package, equitable in wages within the industry, 70+ years of history, and strong financially. The philanthropic foundation of the company begins at the top with the CEO and is a contagious culture that is supported and encouraged. A large portfolio of properties that are well maintained.

Cons

The portfolio is aging and needs modernized/rehabbed. A very paperwork/report heavy company.

Advice to Management

Rehab the aged properties.

9. "Legendary History, Bright Future"

I have been working at Gene B. Glick Company full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Love working for a company with a history of helping people and doing the right thing. They appreciate and invest in employees and encourage personal development. They continue to grow and evolve in order to best serve their residents and employees.

Cons

Could use more corporate office/property site interaction. There still seems to be some disconnect at times.

"Leasing Consultant"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Gene B. Glick Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company itself has great benefits and opportunities for bonuses. Their training process was very detailed and fun.

Cons

While the company overall is great, it all depends on the property you are at. Management at my particular property was very clique-y, leaving the newer employees to feel left out and awkward. It also seemed to me that fair housing was broken often at my particular property (i.e. one family getting evicted for unauthorized occupants, while others were knowingly allowed to stay even with their unauthorized occupants). This is just one of MANY examples of fair housing issues I witnessed. Additionally, there was a lot of back and forth on the way certain policies and procedures should be done. Their training program has changed over the years and it seems some of the seasoned employees either did not want to change their ways, or were not properly re-trained. I often was told something was the right one day and it was wrong the next. This was very frustrating as second guessing myself made if difficult to do my best. Overall, I never felt like I was truly a part of the team at my property due to the cliques formed by management.

Advice to Management

Make sure your property managers, resident relations managers/coordinators, and leasing managers are involving and encouraging lower level employees in order to foster a feeling of team unity. Re-train more seasoned employees so that there is consistency on procedures and policies. Make sure your employees (especially management) are following Fair Housing Laws. This is huge as it could cause a huge lawsuit if caught/reported.

Feb 13, 2018 – Senior Employee Relations Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review on Glassdoor. We are pleased to see that you were happy with the benefits, bonuses, and training available. We take great pride in offering the... More