Gene B. Glick Company Reviews

Updated May 13, 2021

4.4
Gene B. Glick Company President and  CEO David O. Barrett
David O. Barrett
Pros
  • "A company that cares about employees and has great benefits(in 17 reviews)

• "Great philanthropist who give back to the community(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "some disconnect between sites and corporate office(in 7 reviews)

• "make sweeping changes without seeing the problems that will happen at property level(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years
      Featured Review

A wonderful company to work for

Dec 30, 2020 - Leasing Manager in Mishawaka, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Glick is an amazing company to work for! The "extras" that they give their employees are unmatched anywhere I have ever worked. The amount of PTO given from your very first month of work, getting your birthday as a holiday, 1/2 a day of paid time off to vote, the employee assistance program, the employee relief grant program, the employee loan program, education assistance, scholarships for family members of employees, the fact that when we give to a charitable organization they match our donations, wonderful and affordable health insurance, a paid day off to complete your yearly health wellness visit, gifts given daily during employee our annual appreciation week, they just announced paid paternal leave and just a general feeling that this is still a family owned company and they treat their employees as family.

Cons

There really aren't many! Maybe just a lack of advancement because people just stay in their positions!

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Place to Work

May 13, 2021 - Property Manager in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been blessed to work for such a great company and to have met lifelong friends that are like family to me. The benefits and the way our company takes care of it's employees is by far the best in our industry.

Cons

I would be nice to be able to take loan against our 401 for unforeseen issues and be able to pay it back out of our checks.

3. 5.0

AWESOME PLACE

May 6, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Martinsville, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love saying that I work for this company. Their core value that they run the company based on is something that I believe in a great deal. I always feel like family when I am at work and if I have a problem I feel confident that it will be resolved. You want to be heard and make a difference come work for this company, you wont regret it !

Cons

Nothing bad to say !

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Check us out!

Feb 24, 2021 - Service Coordinator in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Care about their employees and show it in several ways throughout the year

Cons

Hourly instead of salary position and no overtime

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Culture & Company

Feb 8, 2021 - Marketing Specialist in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture Benefits Training Opportunities to go to conferences

Cons

Salary could be better for the industry Opportunities to move up

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great place to work!

Feb 3, 2021 - Administrator in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, work life balance, management

Cons

Growth, only so many positions to advance, no cost of living raises.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company

Jan 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pro-Employee, many benefits, give back to the community, invested in the employee and the people who they serve

Cons

I do not have any at this time

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great place bad employees

Jan 11, 2021 - Property Manager in Columbia, SC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome company Great pay Great home life balance Nice management

Cons

People are in competition Conspire behind your back

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 2.0

Changes

Feb 23, 2021 - Property Level
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company offers decent benefits.

Cons

Lack of transparency, communication. Speak one thing, do another. This is all recent changes.

Gene B. Glick Company Response

Employee Relations Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback on Glassdoor. We pride ourselves on offering a competitive benefit package for our employees. We are sorry to hear that you feel there is a recent change in transparency and communication. We value and solicit employee feedback, and welcome you to reach out to Human Resources directly regarding any specific concerns you may have. You can email hr@glickco.com or call 317-469-5862 to speak with a member of our HR Team. Thank you again for your comments. The Glick HR Team

10. 4.0

Employee Focused Company

Dec 22, 2020 - Service Coordinator in Louisville, KY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Glick is a fantastic company to work for with a great mission. They are a Corporate Company with a family feel. They are employee and customer satisfaction focused. They provide above average benefits to employees plus they are always adding new benefits based on employee feedback. For example they recently added parental leave to our benefits for maternity and paternity leave for not only birth, but adoption or taking in a new child for foster care. They've also worked closely with employees to ensure our safety during the COVID pandemic. They have re-vamped many of our positions to work from home and if we are impacted by COVID in our homes they added a 10 day paid time off benefit so that we can continue to get paid if we aren't able to complete our duties by working from home due to COVID illness. In light of the pandemic they also increased the amount of PTO we can carry over into 2021 due to many of our planned vacations being cancelled. Glick truly does adapt to what their employees need to be successful in our jobs, but also at home with our families. I have worked for the company for 7 years and every year this company strives to do better and better. They believe and operate by the thought process that providing for their employees needs improves employee morale and therefore improves the customer service provided by the employees. This is why Glick is not only a great company to work for, but also a great Property Management Company to seek when looking for a home to rent. Employees and Customers are truly the center of their business on paper and in reality.

Cons

It's really hard to think about a Con with this company. I'm not sure this will necessarily be consider a con for everyone, but it's all I can think of! There is limited opportunity to move up into management positions without having to re-locate to Indianapolis. However, the company has been continually increasing their remote operations for management positions so I see that improving over the upcoming years. The company is also continuing to grow and has reach in numerous states now. So I feel their will be a growth in the number of management opportunities over the next several years.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 155 Reviews