Gene B. Glick Company Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Gene B. Glick Company President & CEO David O. Barrett
David O. Barrett

Pros
  • They provide great benefits and good pay and the corporate office is very supportive (in 12 reviews)

• Good benefits from profit sharing to health insurance (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Some disconnect between corporate office and property sites (in 4 reviews)

• make sweeping changes without seeing the problems that will happen at property level (in 4 reviews)

1. "Business is family"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Gene B. Glick Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are not enough words to describe how much I have grown belonging to this company. You are not just an employee - you are family. The relationships that I have developed will be with me forever. This company invests time and training to ensure that you have the skills that you need to be successful in your role. This is the best company - hands down.

Cons

There are no cons associated with this Company. Keep up the great work, your employees are watching and taking notice.

Advice to Management

Continue investing in your people.

2. "Beyond the Line of Duty"

I have been working at Gene B. Glick Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coming from a background different than that of leasing, I must say, this company has welcomed me with open arms. With this company, I've been made to feel that I am much more than just another number. I've been exposed to numerous tools that I have been able to utilize in my every day life. In the short time that I have been with the company, I have learned so much that I am ready to take the company by storm. Look no further, this company is for YOU!

Cons

The only con is that I didn't find the company sooner.

3. "Best decision"

I have been working at Gene B. Glick Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The training is beyond my expectation. Not just the initial training for my position, but the ongoing training is excellent as well.
    The Gene B. Glick company does care about a persons individual success along with your professional success. I wish I had started with this company earlier in my career.

Cons

I have not discovered a downside.

5. "Employment and Training"

I have been working at Gene B. Glick Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have enjoyed working for Gene B. Glick Company thus far. The compensation and benefits are great and affordable. The training process is in depth, thorough, and fun! Management is very helpful and patient with new employees as they are learning. I would definitely recommend this company!

Cons

The only con I can think of is my hours as a leasing consultant are Tuesday-Saturday which is not ideal, but not really a big deal.

Mar 28, 2017 – Senior Employee Relations Specialist

We appreciate you taking the time to leave this feedback on Glassdoor. The Gene B. Glick Company, Inc. works hard to ensure we are providing competitive compensation and benefits for our employees ... More

"Company Working to Make a Change"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Gene B. Glick Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of employee bonding activities, bake offs, cook offs, community events. Fit time for exercise, great educational and training events. The company is constantly looking for ways to make things better.

Cons

There's a bit of an army's way of thinking here that everybody has to step to the same tune. There's also a lot of back stabbing. I can't put my finger on why that's the case but it's pretty thick. People constantly run to their bosses about the smallest things about other people. When I first started working here I was told that it was like that here. I first thought the person was just a chronic complainer or was exaggerating. Now, I see that nope, they were telling the truth.

Advice to Management

There are way too many people with huge egos here that get in the way of making improvements in the company.

Feb 22, 2017 – Senior Employee Relations Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Glassdoor. We would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns with you. Would you be willing to contact Human Resources at 317-469-5862 or ... More

"Mixed Feelings"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Gene B. Glick Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company works hard to treat employees well. They genuinely care about the people that work for them and want to create a positive work environment. I never encountered a situation where senior leadership wasn't open to helping make things better. If not for external circumstances I wouldn't have left the company.

Cons

There is too much power given to middle management and few outlets for those in lower positions to report abuse of power. This is a culture that starts in the corporate office and waterfalls down to the properties.

Advice to Management

Senior leadership should hold middle management to the same standards they are held to. And when employees go to HR or a senior member of the team the situation should be taken seriously and not pushed back to the manager at fault.

8. "Maintenance"

Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Gene B. Glick Company (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits! You meet a lot of different people on the properties.

Cons

Supervisor was nothing to brag about. Always on his phone with personal calls and giving absolutely NO direction whatsoever..cold never do anything right in their eyes. If only the company knew what what going on at that property.

Advice to Management

Keep a close eye on Indianapolis properties more. Your RPM's are clueless!

Jan 17, 2017 – Employee Relations Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback on Glassdoor. We are concerned with your comments regarding the supervisor, and would like additional information from you. Would you be willing ... More

9. "associate maintenance supervisor"

Current Employee - AMS in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - AMS in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Gene B. Glick Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

glick is the best! treat there employes with great respect.

Cons

cant think of any.glick co has a handle on most problems that come up.

Advice to Management

more hands on training.

10. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Gene B. Glick Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best reason to work at Gene B Glick is because they care about there people. I absolutely love coming to work everyday, for me its a professional / happy environment. The CEO is very outgoing and just an awesome CEO to work for. Overall I look forward to retiring from Glick.

Cons

I don't have any downsides to working at Glick!

11. "Great family-owned business"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Gene B. Glick Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Glick is a great family owned business to work for. The executive team cares about their employees and makes every effort to make Glick a great place to work.

Cons

As with any company of this size, there are times it is difficult to engage employees at all properties, locations, and levels.

Advice to Management

Continue to seek out employee feedback and engagement and make positive changes based on this feedback.