What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Pay is low therefore the turnover rate of employees is very high." (in 37 reviews)
- "poor management, lots of favoratism" (in 18 reviews)
- "low salary clicks all around" (in 8 reviews)
- "As a tech, you may be told to do one thing, then be reprimanded by another manager." (in 6 reviews)
- "Upper management does not recognize how bad middle management is" (in 6 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of GeneDx and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 214 of over 221 reviews
Updated Sep 20, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Aug 31, 2023Genetic Counseling Assistant ICurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBirmingham, AL
-Great work/life balance -Flexibility with hours -Opportunities for advancements with new positions and raises -Connection opportunities, especially for aspiring GC students (shadowing, mentoring programs, seminars in the field of genetics, etc.) -Great people to work with, everyone is nice and willing to answer questions -Management tries to be open and honest about changes and company progress
-Lower end as far as average hourly rates for remote GCA positions -High samples volumes cause large delays but no increase of GCA positions, so workload can feel overwhelming
- 2.0Aug 24, 2023Web DeveloperFormer Employee, more than 8 years
Helpful, accommodating, personable low-to-mid level management. Strong, adaptive, diverse technical skill among the team. Flexible hours and relatively light workload.
ZERO WARNING LAYOFFS!!! No job security. Below market pay, promises outside of bonuses undelivered and titles not adjusted. Little to no concrete communication about future expectations, either of or for senior non-mgmt employees. Loss of in-person social events and relaxed culture at start of employment.8
GeneDx Reviews FAQs
GeneDx has an overall rating of 2.5 out of 5, based on over 221 reviews left anonymously by employees. 27% of employees would recommend working at GeneDx to a friend and 12% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -22% over the last 12 months.
27% of GeneDx employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated GeneDx 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.4 for culture and values and 2.4 for career opportunities.