KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 1,754 of over 3,726 reviews

4.3
Genentech Chief Executive Officer Alexander Hardy
Alexander Hardy

What people are saying about Genentech

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Genentech and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great company to work for

Jun 24, 2022 - Senior Business Systems Analyst in South San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and benefits for employees.

Cons

The company is moving a lot of positions out of South San Francisco to low cost countries.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great work life balance and sense of greater goods

Jun 17, 2022 - Principal Scientific Researcher in South San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working with top notch scientists to solve real life healthcare issues. Huge resource and support for research. Perks with free shuttle rides to work, on campus gym facilities, regular free food and events. Employees have great sense of societal contributions when our patients come and share their stories of how our medicines have helped change their lives. Great work life balance.

Cons

Promotion process is long. Lots of database / in-house tracking systems to navigate, while it's a pro for drug development documentation, it's time consuming and can slow down research progress sometimes.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company to work for!

Jun 24, 2022 - Media Prep Technician in South San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, flexibility, perks, bonuses and benefits!

Cons

Fast pace, demanding environment with little areas for mistakes.

4. 3.0

Great Benefits, Smart People, and Local to Global Support

Apr 20, 2022 - Senior People Development Partner in South San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Benefits at Genentech are amazing. I have access to Mental Health resources, Coaching, great Healthcare, and many more benefits. The people I work with are mission driven and care deeply about our work and others. They are also some of the smartest people I have ever known, so I always learn from them. Flexible work arrangements - I am able to WFH or go into the office, and this flexibility is important to me as a working parents.

Cons

The Global Hours are rough. The People and Culture (HR) team went through a major transformation last year (2021) and we are no longer a local support team, but are now a Global function. I have calls at 6:00 AM and 10:00 - midnight. The Global model is still in the infancy and has a lot of kinks to work out. We are losing a lot of talent in the Bay area becasue of the new model :-(

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Summer Intern

Jun 16, 2022 - Summer Intern in South San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

smart people, good food on campus

Cons

campus is very spread out

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Excellent company to work for!

Jun 10, 2022 - Project Manager in South San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and truly care about people and encourage a healthy work life balance.

Cons

Needs to be better about career growth

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great pay, Great managers, Great benefits

May 1, 2022 - Senior Scientist in South San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits are great and the company really go the extra mile to show that they care about their employees. From free ferries to good health care the benefits here is first class. I feel very relaxed here and still doing top notch science.

Cons

Bad IT department. Loads of stupid HR trainings that don't mean anything. Just a complete waste of time.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great culture!

Jun 24, 2022 - Research Associate in South San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working with people who are very experienced at what they do

Cons

Can sometimes work 50 hrs per week

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Continues to be a great place to work

Mar 22, 2022 - Director of Leadership and Development in South San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The organization is committed to growing and learning and has changed the culture to make it easier to get things done than in the past (Still room to grow here). They cared about and for employees during the pandemic. There are great benefits. Major organizational energy and commitment to DE&I and Health Equity.

Cons

There's a sense that there's less opportunity to move and grow than there used to be as this org goes from fast growing to mature.

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Wonderful Company

May 31, 2022 - Plant Engineer in South San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company with an amazing culture, great work environment, and awesome benefits

Cons

Structure makes it a bit difficult to transition to higher positions

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,754 Reviews

Popular Careers with Genentech Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Genentech? Share Your Experiences

Company Updates

Logo

125 days ago

Company News
Forbes has recognized us as one of the top companies on their annual list of America’s Best Large Employers! With more than half of our employees working remotely during the pandemic, we found new ways to stay connected and maintain our unique culture. Along the way, we realized that culture is more than what happens on our campuses. Learn more.
Shared image - What 'Corporate Culture' Means When The Office Isn't Center Stage
What 'Corporate Culture' Means When The Office Isn't Center Stage
www.forbes.com

Genentech Photos

+ Add Photo
Genentech photo of: Employees dress up for our annual Bay to Beakers Children's Walk, which benefits important children's causes.
Genentech photo of: We offer sustainable commute options to our employees including buses to nearby communities, shuttles to and from public transportation, and incentives for carpooling, biking and walking.
Genentech photo of: Our Pharma Technical Operations (PT) team ensures we meet our commitment to manufacturing breakthrough medicines for our patients and we cannot thank them enough for their hard work!
Genentech photo of: "The Edge" is one of our cafeterias at our SSF campus. This zero waste to landfill facility was designed with sustainability at the forefront.
Genentech photo of: From 5th grade mentorships to college scholarships, we're working to inspire the passion that changes patients' lives.
Genentech photo of: B34 was built on four pillars: sustainability, wellbeing, community, and innovation.
Genentech photo of: Giving back is in our DNA.