Genera Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jackson Kwok

"Fair Assessment and Review"

Former Employee - Product Management Manager in Brea, CA
    Former Employee - Product Management Manager in Brea, CA

I worked at Genera Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I stumbled upon the recent negative review and felt that I had to chime in as a former employee in order to "Keep it Real". No one can "force" employees to write positive reviews, since they are entirely voluntarily and not part of any job description. I did not see this practice at all during my time there as a manager with access to top management execs. Extremely harsh and untrue reviews usually come from disgruntled ex-employees, and I would advise readers to review all positive and negative reviews before making up your mind. I cannot deny it is a very fast-paced work environment with many exciting challenges and avenues for creative problem-solving. Always looking for growth, and always looking ahead to find out ways to compete better, to serve customers better. I have grown professionally in this environment that helped me land my next job in another state.

Cons

The extremely fast-paced environment is not for everybody. It probably should have been communicated better during the onboarding process so that it does not come as a shock for some people.

"Former Account Executive TX"

Pros

Ignore the previous review its probably from the CEO. The people you work with is the only reason you would stay here. Also they provide great industry experience if you just got out of college.

Cons

Terrible pay and management has no ideal what they are doing. The long term implications will be detrimental to the company. Also horrible work life balance that they like to term as "fast paced".

Advice to Management

Sell the company back TYC

"Product Specialist"

Former Employee - Product Specialist in Brea, CA
    Former Employee - Product Specialist in Brea, CA

I worked at Genera Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Trust me. Stay away from this company. This is the worst company l have been worked with. Lots of good reviews are from the current management who fake those review. As a previous employer who received the emails from the management every single day, it's easily to tell who wrote those fake reviews.

Cons

Seriously, can't think of any. Maybe the location.
    Benefits is ok considering this is an Asian owned company. However, when factoring the hours you put in, occasionally disrespectful treatment you received from the upper management, forget it. It's totally not worth it.

5. "Wonderful company to work for."

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Genera Corporation full-time

Pros

They reward you for your hard work. They allow you to work freely and manage in an efficient manner. The work provides you with a phenomenal opportunity to learn about the industry. Their compensation is quite generous and includes many perks I've enjoyed.

Cons

As with most companies, communication can be improved. Greater clarity can help improve its effectiveness.

Advice to Management

Adopt an occurrence policy for attendance. It would help weed out repeat offenders and hold people accountable for their actions.

"Unethical management/dishonest business practices"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

I worked at Genera Corporation full-time

Pros

If it's your first job and you need money badly then I'd say maybe. But they really underpay you and often times take advantage of those foreign workers that want to stay in the United States and require visa sponsorship.

Cons

Below the market pay and benefits, surprisingly beuracratic for a small company(a lot of behind the scene in fighting), inexperienced management, avoid it if you have a choice. No formal training / performance review structure in place.

Advice to Management

Be more ethical and stop forcing your employees to create fake glass door reviews and trying to make the place seem like a place it's not.

7. "Fantastic Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

I have been working at Genera Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I utilize all my acquired skills from previous employment here. Management trusts me to operate my department to the best of my abilities without micro managing. Performance is rewarded with praise and compensation. Company is very generous to employees at Christmas parties and year-end bonuses.

Cons

Like all companies, communication is sometimes an issue but can be overcome with a little extra effort. I travel a little too far to get here from home but has been worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the employee recognition, really is appreciated by everyone! Also, have a beginner exercise program so newbies can participate in the free classes you provide.

"Inexperienced management and a lot of politics for a small organization. Stay away!"

Former Employee - Product Specialist
    Former Employee - Product Specialist

I worked at Genera Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There's really no pros..... unfortunately

Cons

Dishonest business practices (hint: why are there all of a sudden so many positive reviews posted separated by a few days apart??...read between the lines), very low pay (to a point which it is just outrageous), and little room for career growth.

Advice to Management

Really re-evaluate the company policies and pay people at market rate.

"Recent graduates: great place to get your feet wet"

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Brea, CA

I have been working at Genera Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Thorough training sessions that enables any new employees to grasp the offered products lines and market climate
    -A politics-free environment to work in
    -Hands-on experience for every aspect for the product life cycle. For example: Product Development, Supply Chain management, Pricing, Sales, Quality Control, and Customer Service.
    -Data-driven in terms of performance evaluation. Efforts put in will be rewarded accordingly
    -Close to home (10 minute drive)
    -Open door policy with the management
    -Great place for new grads to gain large amount of experience

Cons

-Hectic working environment that requires multitasking skills. If you can’t multitask, you will learn how to here.
    -Depending on the department, longer working hours compared to average companies. However, over-time will be compensated during annual review.
    -Tough learning curve for those who has no background in the industry
    -Short notices on business trip arrangements
    -Half day of work on Black Friday

Advice to Management

You excel at sharing vision for the company, rationale for company-wide strategies, and boosting morale. Please continue to do so. However, please allow a little bit more time for the new hires to catch up to full-speed. The new hire period may be slightly overwhelming, especially for those who have no experience in the industry.

10. "Product Specialist (Current Employee)"

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Brea, CA

I have been working at Genera Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company is compassionate and take things in the positive way to the employee who is slower pace learner and with positive attitude. Company is willing to train the employees who are also willing to learn to help contribute to the company’s goals. Provide full trainings as needed when the employees lack knowledge and to enhance their efficiency on completing tasks. There are opportunities for you to grow as far as you are willing to put in.

Cons

Fast-paced environment and facing different challenges every day, sometimes it will be out of your hands especially customers’ complaints in regards to QC matters and suppliers slow response on quality corrective actions. It’s frustrating and matters as such, but can consult with managers for support and directions.

Advice to Management

Each employee needs to take responsibilities/initiative to release burden from the managers. Well training processes need to be provided. Sometimes, product specialist trains new hire, but wasn’t thorough in sharing the whole picture of the product management protocol. As such, it’s sometimes difficult to understand without seeing the complete picture. Additional train-the-trainer program to the product specialist would be helpful, or sending “qualified” product Specialist on all training would help the learning curve of new employees.

11. "enriching experience with collaborating with a focused & discipline team and compassionate leader."

I worked at Genera Corporation full-time

Pros

Management, especially their President (Jackson) and VP were resourceful, supportive, inspiring and always creating opportunities in developing me. He shared the impacts anticipated from the recession and the strategies, including operational streamlining and work force restructure (including reduction). While corporate America terminated at will, he shared the outlook with organization including those whose jobs were impacted, provided severance paid, extended insurance coverage, personal letters of recommendations, and assistance with job placements in a time, mind you in the midst of a recession and for non-exempt employees. Compassion, class and commitment comes to mind in describing him and how he leads the company. As he always said, it's important to strike a balance with the stakeholders that includes the customers, employees, suppliers and not just the shareholders.

Cons

I guess the disadvantage is for those who are looking for entitlement, asking for compensation and rewards before committing to delivery of quality work. While many companies put up with this behavior, Genera's management does not (which I concur); otherwise, wouldn't that ruin the morale of those who are the ones really pulling the weight?

Advice to Management

I wish they had a satellite office in San Jose, so that I could still remain in the company after relocating (with my family).